Home

WIP: Mandalorian Assassin Droid

Matt-Liell

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

If this is going for jk2, let me beta test, please. :D

Sorry guess I missed that post, of course Hellfire, I'll need someone to test it in jk2 if it is finsihed after JA is released but you can test it anyway no matter what!:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Matt-Liell

Sorry guess I missed that post, of course Hellfire, I'll need someone to test it in jk2 if it is finsihed after JA is released but you can test it anyway no matter what!:)

so thats your game eh?

*psst, i want to beta test then...*

Originally posted by NymKaros

thanks matt. lets hope JA does not keep you away from finishing this model! ^^

NO WAY! I'm planning to finish him before it comes out but I am starting highschool in September so I can't promise much but he will be finished if at all possible!:)

LoL. Well even if Mandalorians don't need droids to do their work think about it this way... Dash Rendar had a droid right? And it was like his companion. So maybe Mands or whatever used droid partners? Well that's my assumption but it's all up to Matt over there.

If you don't finish this when JA comes out, are you gonna port it over to it?

Originally posted by Shotokan

LoL. Well even if Mandalorians don't need droids to do their work think about it this way... Dash Rendar had a droid right? And it was like his companion. So maybe Mands or whatever used droid partners? Well that's my assumption but it's all up to Matt over there.

If you don't finish this when JA comes out, are you gonna port it over to it?

Well my story was they were used as yes either companions or most often as decoys for wars. The Mandos would send out a huge regiment of these droids out while under siege. Then they could evacuate the children safely and pick the opposing forces off by behind and cornering them.

And this model is intended for JA use mostly.

Just a little update the basis is almost complete except the feet but I don't know how to go about it yet but I'm thinking!:p After that I just have to extrude some armour and his modeling is done.

The polycount is a little high for JK2 in its present state but should be just right for JA.

MattsMandalorianAssassindroid6.jpg

Hey Matt, you should try posting this over at the forums at HighEnd 3D. They can really help you out (perhaps even moreso than the people around here).

2100 polys for the head, chest and arms is more than a bit high, too. What's with the excessive amount of polys? There's not much detail there... :confused:

Originally posted by Eldritch

1400 is still high for such a small area, and there's not a lot of detail there. Perhaps a better way to go about it would be to build the basic structure first, then smooth out the areas you want with some spare polys.

Ya well I'm taking a look at my model now and it just doesn't make sense that the poly count is that high because most of the objects are under 100 polys. It seems however that when I added the skeleton to it everything sky-rocketed. I'm doing my best to optimize the model and bring it down considerably in polys and of course model the feet. I'm still trying to find a good working tutorial on UVUnwrapping so "any help here would be hot, hehe!" But ya I agree it doesn't make any sense. An interesting thing I forgot to mention is I put the model into gmax and the polycount was about half of what if was in 3DSM, yet another weird thing. Oh well, I'm working on it!:p

I remember a similar problem happening to me on more than one occasion. Once I had about 1400 unaccounted polys in one of the models I'm working on and it was driving me insane,... Eventually after a bit of searching I found that the problem was due to an entire blaster model floating around inside the body, roughly the size of a head of a pin.

While making another model I found an entire object whose surfaces were doubled up, one overlapping the other, that one was really fun to fix.

Archived