Home

Fire

SE_Vader_536

That's my sher, always living life on the edge ^-^

Well this one time, at band camp, I was waving my arm over a lit candle, and I knocked it into a wicker basket full of candy, and for some reason it lit up in a big ball of flames, except I wasn't really at band camp, and it was really really funny!

Back in India we had a festival called Divali, aka The Festival of Lights. Whenever this came around we'd have fireworks and all that cool stuff. Not just looking at fireworks in the sky, but lighting them ourselves. Everybody did it :p

Perhaps the craziest thing I've ever done was light fire to a stack of old newspapers. It was scarier than you think...whoosh :eek:

Bonfires... many bonfires.

Dancing around throwing socks into bonfires... nylon socks... very stupid.

Raking leaves was always a joy... cause I got to burn them. Burning leaves was fun. I always had fun experimenting with matches and kerosene as a kid.

But it's not pyromania! It's something even more fun to blame than that! It's compulsive-destructive syndrome!

Dancing around throwing socks into bonfires... nylon socks... very stupid.

Yes!!! I remember that!! *sings* Pine trees burn good, Pine trees burn good, Pine trees burn good with socks!!!! */sings*.

Ah, good times, good times.....

Craziest thing I've ever done with fire.....once I threw about 9 strings of fircrackers and 3 gross bottle rockets into a big metal trash can, then shot roman candles inside the can....

Either that, or duct taping 4 packs of bottle rockets together, stick a sparkler in the middle, and light the sparkler...

We have a crappy stove in our apartment. Its electric - I am still not used to it after having a gas one for over 20 years. Anyway. Long story short - in an electric one you don't see the flame. I thought I started the front burner and instead started the rear one. The rear one had one of my burner covers and a plate on it. I was distracted by a crying baby and managed to light the plate on fire!!

Another unfortunate accident involved me being little and lighting the christmas candles and my mom's hair. It wasn't bad..but very scary.

Needless to say - I'm not allowed near fire ;)

I have to say that IS pretty scary Chase. I thought of this mostly as a joke thread, so I did not share my really scary experience. In the Navy, our ship was in dry dock in the Ingalls Shipyards in Pascagoula, MS. It is very hot in the summers their, and one day while I was on duty, a fuel line caught fire (which is known as a Bravo fire) I was on the second main hose team. I had to wear the full fire ensamble which resembles that of an old deep sea diver, I was scared out of my wits, because there is alot of hollaring and shouting during these processes. We are all well trained on a ship to fight fires, but no amount of practice can prepare you for such a nerve racking experience. I could not see the fire, but I COULD see the black smoke, so I knew it was icky. Fortunately, hose team number one put it out before I had to go in, but I almost passed out from the heat. I gotta a pic somewhere of two duty corpsman dumping ice water on my head and fanning me, while my eyes were rolling back in my head. Scary stuff. Fire fighters are the bravest people on the planet.

Originally posted by STTCT

Well..you need one for santa...

I'm going to have a hard time explaining to my son why our apartment doesn't have a fireplace and how I have to leave the patio door unlocked for Santa...Hopefully we'll have a house by then...

Oh please... hardly anyone has a fireplace nowadays. The "unlock the door" routine is common. :D My neice is a year and a half right now... boy is Christmas going to be fun!!!

Originally posted by STTCT

Well..you need one for santa...

I'm going to have a hard time explaining to my son why our apartment doesn't have a fireplace and how I have to leave the patio door unlocked for Santa...Hopefully we'll have a house by then...

Oh please... hardly anyone has a fireplace nowadays. The "unlock the door" routine is common. :D My neice is a year and a half right now... boy is Christmas going to be fun!!!

Probably one of the stupidest things I've done goes like this: At our house we had this cottage with a bedroom, a living room and a bathroom. In the living room there is a small woodstove. Now this night was rather cold, so I decided to build a fire. But since the woodstove was so small it was a bit of a hassle to light. So I decided to make it faster by getting some paper and placing a couple smaller sticks on it. I then poured lighter fluid all over them and placed them in the stove. I let them sit there for a minute some reason, and then decided to light it, thinking that it wouldn't do mich because the lighter fluid had soaked in. Now, you have to remember that lighter fluid in gas form burns better than liquid form. Since it had been sitting in the stove, some had evaporated. Needless to say I lit it and WHOOSH! A ball of flame comes out, singeing the hair on my arms and hands. I've also done things like make flamethrowers out of spraypaint, WD40, or any other flamable substance I could find. Lots of fun.

Archived