• Do you consider yourself a fan?
Of the company? No. But I like many of their previous employees' work.
• Why (not)?
I was a fan, because they used to release pure quality in the 90s. Former employees still do through other companies. LEC of today is just a bit mediocre.
• What exactly are you a fan of?
The games of the former employees. See above.
• What is the main reason you read and/or write on this forum?
I really don't use the forum that much anymore.
• Do you consider this forum and/or The House of International Mojo a community that you belong to? Why (not)
Mojo, yes. Not that I do much there anymore, but I do receive some review copies!
• Why this community? Why not the official LA forums?
The official forums are just sad. Mojo is sad in a funny way.
• Would you call the community on this forum ‘active’? Why (not)?
Mojo is active, this forum not so much. But hey, forums are a dying thing in the age of Twitter.
• Have you ever made a fancontribution in any form, other than writing on this forum
Do reviews count?
About LucasArts and the adventuregenre
• Do you feel like LucasArts has turned it’s back on the fans?
Yes. LEC used to be very active in the fan community, but that has pretty much ceased to be.
• If so, do you think that, from their perspective, this is a mistake or a smart move (economically, image-wise, etc.)?
I can't see how it's a smart move. Isn't the Interwebs 2.0 all about community?
• What are your personal feelings towards LucasArts, and (how) do they relate to you being active on this forum?
I don't think I have any personal feelings toward them.
About LucasArts and fancontributions
• Does LucasArts acknowledge the fans of it’s adventuregames in any way?
• Is there any reaction by LucasArts to the fanmade ‘productions’ (art, games, clips, etc.)
Not anymore to the best of my knowledge.
• If so, is it positive, negative or something in between?
• Do they encourage certain forms of fanparticipation?
• Do they discourage or forbid other forms of fanparticipation?
• Do you think the way LucasArts treats their fans and react to fanparticipation - which ever way that would be - is in their best interest (economically, image-wise, etc.)?
I don't think they care either way anymore. Don't think that really affects the company in any big way.
Some time ago, I tried to figure out if LucasForums was in any way legally affiliated with LucasArts Entertainment Company as they state nothing on the contrary. I wrote them an email, but got no answer.
• If it is not the property of LEC, why is there no need for a disclaimer? Isn’t that a bit strange for a website which main topic is the company so infamous for it’s copyright protection? (although maybe you already disproved this during the answering of the previous questions)
Yeah, kinda strange, you'd think a bigger disclaimer would be present. Strange.
• Or, if so, do you feel like ´Big Brother is watching you´ and do you maybe take that into account when writing a post?
Your thoughts and/or facts on the subject please.
• Do you have any other thoughts on the matter?
Does anyone here care about LEC anymore? I follow Double Fine and TTG, they at least produce quality stuff.