Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have run into an odd bug. Not sure what they are called, but whenever the enemy that "Cloaks" like the shadow-trooper shows up, the entire game drops to like negative 50 frames a second. I have a pretty rocking system, p4 2.0, gig of RAM, the usual gamers PC. I thought if I lowered the video settings it would run smoother, but even at low details, 800x600, it still happens. Anyone else seen this? Anyone have a suggestion I haven't though of? Thanks in advance for any help, and may the "Farce" be with you:jawa

I get this one throughout the game. When I run (normal run, not force run) and then stop. The character keeps moving for a short distance, even though his feet aren't moving. Does this ring a bell?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not railing on this game at all. The bugs are annoying, but that can be fixed. I really like the game, good job Raven :).

I wouldn't worry about lag just yet. Since some of us are having no problems, that means it isn't the game itself. Because there are so few servers, it is likely that you have just joined one that has a bad connection. I'd say wait until the server numbers take off before complaining.

Hey Wachinagi,

I get this cloaking bug all the time. The game just lags out and it won't clear up till I turn around so I no longer see the enemy or when I wait for about 2-3 minutes for him to stop "cloaking". By then he has usually killed me.

What's up with that?!?

I'm glad it's not just me, but it's still annoying. I found a "Quick Fix" for it. Open the console and type devmap and then use the noclip code. Hold space and Fire to launch straight up and get away from him. It stops lagging out, and then Hold c (Or whatever you've set for duck) and fire and fly back down. That way it's over, and he doesn't kill you in the meantime. Until the patch that's the easiest way to survive without dying or having to resort to the God code.

I didn't know how to word this rather serious glich without giving some small things away, so here goes. If you have deactivated five bombs and can't get back to your ship, this would be for you... you will need to read it!

After you disable all five bombs you are to return to your ship ... no problem, the front door is triggered to unlock after you return down the long halway that comes in on the left side of the entrance. BUT, if you took this route before you disabled all five bombs, you activated the trigger and were able to return to your ship, but still had bombs to deactivate. So, after deactivating the bombs, guess what? The trigger is no longer available, and the door is permenantly shut. There is no way out. Anyone who makes the mistake of doing too much exploring will be doomed to search for an exit that is no longer available!

Just a few quick things that were in JK2 yet still in JA:

Rocket Bug: Lock onto someone with a rocket, switch to saber, and switch back to rocket launcher... It will only cost 1 round if you hit primary and still home the person.

Team Energize: Get a group of people on the same team in the same area with a script that will constantly use energize on each other. This will give each player in the group as much force as needed and everytime they use force it will be replenished just as soon as they use it. People on TWL have suggested a timer for the force power so it can't be used like this.

Sorry if this posted 2x first time I tried my IE wouldn't connect to server. :confused:

I don't have the full version, but in the demo there was a bug with the single saber strong stance in that if you continually tapped the attack key, you attack faster and could infinitely chain your attacks. Can someone confirm if this carried over to the full version?

Here's one thing I noticed today...

The elevators are probably the worst part of CTF right now. They take about 3-5 seconds before they will move, if you stand on the wrong spot you will die, and if someone goes near them on the top they will stop halfway up and go back down VERY annoying when you have to use them to get to the flag in some maps =\

I see it's purpose for giving defenders a chance to catch up and get on the same elevator, but the delay is just a little too long and you shouldn't die unless it crushes you... Maybe a good solution would be to have the elevators start moving immediately, but have them move slowly so people can have a chance of getting on them with force jump.

Lets keep this thread CONSTRUCTIVE guys (you know who you are).

This thread isn't to complain about game balance or moves you dislike.

Rather than using this as a platform to bash Raven, it should be to point out actual bugs occuring the full legal retail version of Jedi Academy.

I've been having some problems so that I can't get any servers to show up (and can't join my own dedicated server), however I'm convinced it's due to my rounter setup and not the game per se (JK2 never had any problems).

For the most part ive gotten a steady decent framerate on the levels Ive played. I play at 1280x1024 with everything on high.

system spec:

1.3 gig AMD athlon

256mb ram ( need upgrade i know :D )

geforce4 TI4400 128mb

I started playing Coruscant today, and its almost unplayable, like 15-20 frames per second. This is because of the gorgeous dynamic lighting and the dynamic glow. After i turn those off the framerate is much more stable.

But its so depressing after seeing it how it looks with the atmosphere of the lights and whatntot :)

I dont want to turn down my res because im addicted to 1280x1024 graphic quality. :p:deathii:

Originally posted by mariners2001

So far...I've run into an amazingly annoying bug in the very first level. Without any spoilers...I'll just say my companion on the journey keeps killing himself. I jump across a ledge and he follows but when he lands he immediately dies and the mission ends. Over and over and over again.....this is really sad and hope there is a solution fast because this is the VERY beginning of the freakin' game. lol.

So post any other bugs here and I'll update if I find anymore (if I get to advance at all :mad: )

I never had this problem of him killing himself, but there were times for me when he would fall behind and not follow me, particular at the river part.

Originally posted by GEEZus

Has anyone even pointed out that lightning kills instantly in MP or is this just for people who can't beat SP that want to complain?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah i was on a pretty rockin game last night which a couple of lamers ruined with instant lightning kill.

Okay, playing seige on dedicated linux binaries, using FreeBSD 5.0 is extremely buggy.

a) Becomes really laggy at times.

b) Kicks you off with random messages every so often. Somtimes, when you get to a certain place in the map.

example: Desert map, you get kick with a Error code: 212 (the number changes every 2 times).

Hoth you get kick with "Bad Animation number 65534" when you get close to the cave. WTF is that?

Korrib map, you get the Error code bug as well. These need to be fixed and I am really disappointed this time for the effort placed in making these dedicated servers and the game. Seems like a project manager dropped all the bugs and said "Good Enough, let's ship it!"

I tested out the lightning thing (that would be a very major bug) Seemed to be working fine here, but it did seem much more effective than I remember in Outcast.

Some gliches are just annoying (very bad zfighting in the robot chamber of the main office in Coruscant)

But I found one that was kinda cool.

In Darth's castle, when you and Kyle split up to go through

different shafts - once you meet up again, follow back on the shaft he took --There he is! In front of you and behind you at the same time. Again, most of the bugs are pretty insignificant. - no big deal. The bikes made up for a lot IMO. Sorry bout the game freezin' up on you at start. Could be a vid card problem? I'm no expert but I've been there.

Originally posted by Andy867

I can vouche that lightning does NOT kill in MP, because I have been shocked and shocked others and lived.

At this point I have no clue what causes it because I've seen it in a lot of servers, but when I start my own and try it on bots it doesn't kill instantly, but it is out there. If you play MP you'll see soon enough.

Archived