Home

The Matrix Unplugged

Cazor

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by wedge2211

Uh, negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Nice job, working in the 5th Element reference like that. You get my official seal of approval.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the other SWAT guy is the guy from the Rainbow Six game. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Lil Killa

oooo looks good!

you guys should do a walk animation with the gun in that possition...

yeah, when the person walks, the gun is lowered to about 45 degrees. or at least thats what it planned to do.

erm, what do you mean hellfire? ive seen a lot of people fire real guns, and with the fact that everyone in the matrix is super-human (why none of their bodies jump back at all when they fire even akimbo guns..and.. duh.. they're all super-human. uhm. yeah) its pretty accurate...

Originally posted by Cazor

yeah, when the person walks, the gun is lowered to about 45 degrees. or at least thats what it planned to do.

erm, what do you mean hellfire? ive seen a lot of people fire real guns, and with the fact that everyone in the matrix is super-human (why none of their bodies jump back at all when they fire even akimbo guns..and.. duh.. they're all super-human. uhm. yeah) its pretty accurate...

well if you've ever seen a person fire a weapon you'd know that their hand doesn't 'detach' persay from the other hand like it does there.

thats a tiny, fraction of a second movement, hellfire. its easily fixable to move it the 3 degrees it would take to make it not appear to move away a bit. plus... its not like his arm flails all around obviously making it look not natural. and witht he muzzle flares and bullets(and trails) flying around, trying to evade people from filling you with lead, you're not gonna have time to see that it moves a millimeter off.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

well if you've ever seen a person fire a weapon you'd know that their hand doesn't 'detach' persay from the other hand like it does there.

Well met, Hellfire Jedi. I knew your criticism would fall upon me one day.

I'm not altogether sure you know what you're looking at. It's not an animation, at least, it's not just an animation.

It's the first animation I've ever made, nobody taught me how to make it, nobody showed me how to do it. It took work. Hard work. The program that it was made in was written by myself, and the animation is flawed as a result. I have the power to fix it.

The end-result looking anything like something you MIGHT want to use in a game is akin to a guy using a pick-axe on a block of marble and ending up with something that looks at least similar to Michelangelo's David: It's amazing to me.

I started writing this program about 2 years ago: I started learning to program about 2 years ago. I have had no mathematical training beyond Trigonometry and yet I was able to teach myself how this stuff works. I asked for help but no one knew how to help me. I forged ahead, blindly, never knowing if it would really pan out. It turns out everything I hypothesized as possible is, in deed possible.

I've hit a million roadblocks and kept going. I'm so bloody close to the end of this first leg of the race that I'm exhausted.

So, yeah, if you don't like the animation, well, that's just dandy. It can be fixed.

I've hit a million roadblocks and kept going. I'm so bloody close to the end of this first leg of the race that I'm exhausted.

Don't be a wuss, Wudan. I've made it to the end WITH a bloddy leg. And I'm not exhausted. In fact its bloddy right now. Just stump. Don't hear me whining.

;):p

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

oh my, sorry wudan. i shall not say such things to my lord ever again. :\

btw, i learned animating in max all by myself too, thanks.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Nobody's criticizing Wudan's ability, there was just a bit of helpful constructive criticism about how the model's hands should move...

I'm not an animator: I'm a programmer. The key point here is that I didn't use SoftImage|XSI, 3dsMax, or any such costly program to make the animation. I wrote the program that I used to make the animation, hence my frustration with people's not understanding the work that went in to it.

I guess I should take it as a compliment that you might think it was made with a program that costs so much money :)

Archived