Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news thanks to the good old =X= guys..

I've stopped playing JA because its not fun and no good comp players are playing to learn and be challanged by...

And this is good news for us s/o CTF players.

:)

As for the flame baiter (and you know who you are...)

I find its funny how players who don't play comp style always creep into the threads and ruin them.

Its also funny when they get challenged the always back off like children.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE DON'T FLAP YOUR GUMS.....

Players looking for a deeper gameplay experince don't need to hear your garbage...

We all sound like a broken record but please repect others and just be quiet if you don't play s/o (ff) CTF...

I played every day (or at least tried to on the matrixcpa and FK and =X= JW servers with the likes of JW FK =X= div and others...

THEY ARE THE BETTER PLAYERS IN THIS GAME

period...

I have seen it over and over

So no big man talk please ,all they are trying to do is help.

They don't need noddleheads blabbering like fools.

The JA MP is busted and needs fixing.

So again if you don't play the game type butt out.....

AHHH.....

Sorry just getting a little fed up at the childish behavior.

As far as Im concerned =X= mod was awsome it made the game so much better and HEX and the =X= guys are great giving so much to the s/o comp players of JK/ now JA.

So please show some brains and stop flame baiting....

Originally posted by Kurgan

Oh and let's knock off the flames & flame-baiting (you know who you are).

Now that the SDK is out, we finally have a chance to make peace and resolve this. Let the folks who said they could improve JA give it a shot and let's see what they come up with. Can't be any harm in that can there?

And if it ends up not being what you want, simply don't use the mod (or make yourself a better one). Simple! Everybody wins!

Well stated.

...Im not gtfo of anywhere, this thread is informative. frivolous and fun, with just the right amount of 'Juj'

MTFBWYA

Well, I'm glad that now there can be peace between those with conflicting ideas of fun gameplay. I would like to point out to some people, that this is just a mod, and isn't something they have to use...I may not agree with the changes they're making, and you may not, but there's no reason why some people can't make a mod suiting their tastes and have fun with it.

I wish the mod and it's users the best of luck, and hope there will be no further conflicts. :)

Reading this thread piqued my curiosity, so I downloaded the xMod v1.2.0 for JK2 to read the readme and look at the cvars.

Completely ignoring the gameplay enhancements, it is the best server-side admin mod I have seen.

Wow, how did I overlook this one? (See, not all admin mods are evil).

Not only does it have all the good stuff (moves ban list out of g_banips, IP address logging, multi-line MOTD, center-screen broadcasting, preventing /kill in certain situations), but it also has some cool unique features:

-- profanity filter for chat and names, replaces listed naughty words with *%#$ or whatever you want.

-- can mute all global chat but allow team and private chat. (no more killtracker spam!) Can also mute by IP address so I can silence instead of ban players who can't resist killtracker or chatbind spamming, or excessively naughty language, but are otherwise OK.

-- granular control of subadmin powers, so the rcon admin rather than the mod designer can determine exactly which powers subadmins have or don't have.

-- flexible handling of scripters, from allowing it to automatically kicking them

If anything, I think they suffered from a little "me too" -ism and put in some stuff that should be taken out (slapping, tripping, and either sleeping or freezing, don't need both, emotes if they make you semi-immortal).

If the JA version is this good I will probably use it on Chop Shop. Very impressive.

Amidala may I assume you will have this available at your servers in the near future?

Thanks FK_Unamed for bringing this to our attention. I could have guessed you would lead the charge back for some more serious gaming.

P.S. Don't feed the Trolls.

Tip: Griff, it's suggested you try not to bring up day old commentary.

On a side note, I'm fairly disturbed that there's a large chance Spider AL would take my side on this one. So nightmarish.

For the lovely purpose of not returning this thread to quasi-flamewar, I'm not going to reply to the post of Bod, which i could so easily tear to shreds it wouldn't be worth my time. As i have painstakingly and with detail stated that I did not intend to start anything. Sheesh, how negative opinions are taken by you chaps...

Sheesh if I pity any intent based justice system.. Heh.

Remind me to download if only for the flipkicks... Yummy.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Reading this thread piqued my curiosity, so I downloaded the xMod v1.2.0 for JK2 to read the readme and look at the cvars.

Completely ignoring the gameplay enhancements, it is the best server-side admin mod I have seen

No doubt. I am really looking forward to -X- mod being released for JA, I will be using it on my server as well.

xMod 2.0.0 has been released this morning here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87536

bin is for Windoze, nix is for Linux.

Documentation is sparse, but I assume the commands and cvars have been carried over from the JK2 1.2.0 version, documented here:

http://xmod.cat5camp.com

with the changes for 2.0.0 listed in the readme.

I downloaded the x-mods2.0 files this morning, after about an hour fiddling around trying to get it to work, I finally got it lol. I can't join the server for some reason, but I was able to try it against bots. I loaded up ns_streets in JA, it was so fun to kick them off ledges again, I love it. You can kick someone down, then they can kick back at you from a knockdown, then you can kick back, it kind of reminded me of tennis or something lol.

There's still a lot to be done, like sideways kicks have to be implemented, but so far I am liking it a lot, a lot.

BTW- Is there a cvar in JA to stop saber-moves from drawing force power?

I'm glad that now people can have their fun their way with the release of the sdk and some of those features are really interesting... (assuming you're re-implemented them)

-The removal of double tap kicks -pff, I assume this is merely a jo 'leet' pleaser andm eans the flip kciks are back in.... Ah well, I didn't mind kicks but

-Force pool restrictions for basic special moves - Sounds good but could be potentially unbalanced

-The grip line of sight restriction - sounds good :)

-Ghoul2 2 hit detection in Multiplayer - EXCELLENT, NO MORE RANDOMNESS (assuming that's what makes the saber go through players with no damage)

-The restrictions on the player roll move- DITTO THE ABOVE MINUS THE RANDOMNESS :D

--Things i would like to see -

--Limit the kicks so you can only do 2 or 3 in a row so it forces them to do something original or different.

--Kicks someone straight on can cause damage to themselves because of the saber... it's unrealistic (in context :p) to be able to kick someone consistently in the facewith a saber in your balls.

-- Ability to roll backwards

-- Ability stop and wall grip while wall walking :)

--------------- Stupid unimportant

-- Knock down by force speeding into someone

-- Blood?

-- Ability to kick while jumping (so you can jump into someone and uh... karate kick them) Should require a few force points

--More power in the whacking off walls with mp players with head hitting the wall meaning more damage

Anyway, I was planning on creating my own mod (after learning much more :p) with a few of these ideas but if this mod adopted them, I'd hope it becomes amazing popular :D

GL

Even though I am not a competative player, I'm going to give it a try. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it more than base JA. It certainly sounds like it might be worth it for everyone, competative and non-competative to give it a try, just to see what it offers.

Certainly with more kicks there will be more opportunity to use the knockdown roll/kick stuff, which should make those who are kicked down less helpless. I find that pretty appealing...

At the very least, those who don't want to play it don't have to. There will be plenty of regular servers for those who don't find it fits their tastes. Personally, I can see myself playing regular JA and Xmod from time to time. A little variety in gameplay will keep the game fresh.

Can one of the authors post a full list of changes for JA. Really this seems like it wouild only be useful in the SO/FF/CTF league. Not that this is a bad thing it would probably make those games alot more intense. However...I don't want the return of "teh 1337 kick" from JO. Or any other abused/overpowered moves. The saddest thing is seeing a SO server where no one needs or uses the saber. Its like playing on a no sabeer full force server.

Still I will give this a try probably. Maybe it will interest me in CTF again. Or bring back my no honor ways. Ironically I joined a clan based on FFA dueling for the most part. Honor code included. Also ironically I totally kick ass with the saber now. On basic FFA servers I can just kick everyones ass because they spam katas and twirls. Kinda off topic but hopefully this mod reduces the need for kata and butterfly spamming. One spammed move "kick" is better than 8. (twirl, butterfly, kata, stab, lunge, dual backstab, anything using uber sensitivity and or yaw, and butterfly again just because it IS spammed that much)

Documentation is sparse, but I assume the commands and cvars have been carried over from the JK2 1.2.0 version, documented here:

excellent, time to own some 1337 n00bs, ;)

*goes to download*

/edit/ I just need to turn on autodownload and find a server running it correct?

I have heard a lot of ppl complain about how kicks were way too spammed in JO, I always thought that there were a few better ways of solving that problem other than removing it. For one thing they could have made it so it draws from force power so that way it could only be done 2 or 3 time before the person runs out of force power, or they could have simply toned the damage that it does down then it really would'nt matter how many times a person used it. To remove such a cool and useful move from the game is just IMO downright silly.

I like all the new moves like katas and saber twirls, but if someone does'nt want to get hit by them all they have to do is just back away from you. You could try to land any move in the game and all a person has to do to avoid it is simply run away while the whole time you are using up your force power. Imo this is'nt how the game was supposed to be, ppl are actually supposed to fight not play ping-pong running back and forth from eachother. If you had kick in there all you would have to do is pull that person in, kick em' down, and it kind of forces them to stop and actually fight you. It's easy to see how having kick back in the game would make for some fun fast-paced action.

Outstanding! Thanks for posting the link and info!

Originally posted by Prime

Even though I am not a competative player, I'm going to give it a try. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it more than base JA. It certainly sounds like it might be worth it for everyone, competative and non-competative to give it a try, just to see what it offers.

Certainly with more kicks there will be more opportunity to use the knockdown roll/kick stuff, which should make those who are kicked down less helpless. I find that pretty appealing...

At the very least, those who don't want to play it don't have to. There will be plenty of regular servers for those who don't find it fits their tastes. Personally, I can see myself playing regular JA and Xmod from time to time. A little variety in gameplay will keep the game fresh.

Exactly! :D

Archived