Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Leebs

Hi everyone. first post :cool:

I was just wondering...if it is a pure server and running the Xmod, would the clients need the file.

No. Good question though.

There is an optional client file if the server wants to manage clients using scripts (combinations of moves bound to a single key, which some consider "cheating"). If it is on, a pure server will have autodownload on (and clients must allow downloads) to send the file.

If the server is configured to ignore scripts, then it is a server-side only mod (clients need nothing).

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

Now now child, while i expected such a response the fact of the matter is that you are basically turning JA into JO. Hell, you practically admit it in the post.

To describe turning JA into JO as 'hardcore' (LOL) JA gameplay is thus by default plain idiotic and actually fairly provocative. Be honest to yourselves and rename the title to something more to the point as I described above.

That response is also doubly stupid as most people who know me will say that your generalization of me is so way off it's funny. I make it a point to hunt down the people you described.

I have the right to my opinion, and it is also not in your power to tell me to not state it here. So do yourself a favor and cut the bull.

do what the man says and gtfo of our thread if you dont care for the mod.

dude i have to say that i played 2 hours on the =X= ctf server and it was a ****ing blast.

even the katas and butterflies were made useful with the addition of kicks. its like so fast paced (moreso than in jk2, aside from slower gameplay speed) and we had a ball.

i even had the chance to spam my "WTF LAMER BOW BEFORE YOU SHOOT" bind when i was taking on 3 guys when i was capping.

rumor: "WTF LAMER BOW BEFORE YOU SHOOT"

*rumor bows

*rumor kicks

wash rinse and repeat for every kick and the four of us about died laughing.

Right, I just played on the X-Mod server.. now my views :)

Kicking is more difficult that jk2 was (which is a good thing) but it's too difficult (mind you, I had a 180-210 ping) and only the x team could use the kick well :)

I’ve noticed the hit detection hasn’t been improved too much but it performed much better in the last round (or I was imagining it :p) but overall… it just seemed… too similar to JA :-/

Still, that that (:D) was changed was pretty cool, a few tweaks here and there and it’ll be one of the top mods

:)

EDIT: Changed the jk2 to JA, it's too similar to JA but since it's ongoing it doesn't matter :)

yeah, the thing every one needs to keep in mind is =X= mod in Jedi Outcast was constantly being updated and tweaked and I assume this time will be no different.

What you are seeing now is just the "baby steps" of the mods life, there will be plenty more tweaking and fine tuning so don't worry if something did not get addressed in the initial release.

Not to mention in the previous mod, the =X= team kept their ear finely tuned to what the players who used their mod wanted to see fixed/tweaked, so if by chance some one did find some type of insanely cheesy move/exploit, you can pretty much guarantee that this mod would be the first (and in many cases as with some things in Outcast) the only mod that addressed them.

/edit

change the title of this thread if you want, but this really should be pinned for a while.

not so much as to promote the mod (not that promoting it would be a bad thing) but so as to let people who come here saying "JA blows", know that there is an alternative that will fill what they are looking for.

There is another mod team (unrelated) working on a mod (that does what this mod intends to do, fix bugs, fine tune game play) for the gunning world, and once a working build is out I'll inform every one here of it as well.

People always have to interfer with other people. Valtiel, its obvious you don't want the mod, so I see no reason why this thread concerns you at all.

Amidala: Binding more than one move (or a single move that requires more than one key) to one key is scripting. I wasn't aware of anyone who didn't think this was cheating, but there are some people who think that?

Originally posted by PG|Prometheus

Amidala: Binding more than one move (or a single move that requires more than one key) to one key is scripting. I wasn't aware of anyone who didn't think this was cheating, but there are some people who think that?

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

... scripts (combinations of moves bound to a single key, which some consider "cheating").

Umm, didn't we define scripting the same way, LOL?

I don't use scripts. But there are some who say it is different from for instance using a wall hack or an aimbot because "it is available to everyone, and therefore it isn't a cheat". I guess it's a gray area or debatable, or depends upon the meaning of "is" is, as a former President might say. I think it is a crutch that keeps people from getting "skillful" (and we are defining skill by how well you use a computer keyboard and mouse, not hitting a tee shot or a baseball or kicking a field goal or performing surgery).

On the bright side, scripting is fairly easy to see from miles away if you're at least paying attention to your screen...

But there are some who say it is different from for instance using a wall hack or an aimbot because "it is available to everyone, and therefore it isn't a cheat".

On that note, you could argue that since there on aimbots on public websites (Including for JA), it is in theory available to everyone with an internet connection, which of course you must obviously have if you're playing JA MP. And on the art of scripting, you need to know such a thing is possible in the first place, and so on and so forth. I don't think it's mentioned in the manual. It's something of a really bad argument to me.

Considering the fanbois of the base JA are coming out of the woodwork once again to attempt to belittle those who want to stir the competitive scene again, I guess it's time to find a napalm canister... There she is.

You people bitched at us for wanting JA to be different, to inspire an aura of competitiveness.

You bitched at us when we were doing the same thing you did in JKII when you didn't get your way: You raised a crying ****storm and got Raven to nerf things across the board.

Then you proceeded to tell us to shut up or change it.

Guess what, now we're changing it, and now it's our turn to tell you to put up, or shut the **** up and get out of this thread.

This goes especially for Lathain, who right off the bat had nothing constructive to say, and instead opened the door with flamebait. Taking lessons from William, have we? Oh wait, there's the grandmaster of the fanboi trolls right now! Gee, two birds in one stone, how could it ever be so grand!

Find the closest high rising cliff you can find, and proceed to throw yourselves off it. Society has exceeded its capacity for mentally incapable attention whores, here's your ticket. GOODBYE!

Now, on to XMOD.

I haven't had a chance to pick it up due to JA being on my CPU back in Milwaukee, but just thinking about the counters to standard JO kick introduced in JA will make this a much better experience. Clue card please to those who says it will be too JOish.

And is the LOS restriction going to be off grip anytime soon?

Yes, and hopefully hex will add script detetction like he did with the jk2 versions of xmod.

I don't quite understand, when I've read posts here in the past, there have been numerous people almost crying about not letting kicks back into the game (even under cvar activation/deactivation). But now its actually happened, you all seem happy.

Hehe, anyway, watch out for the s/o ff 5v5 ctf ladder coming soon to http://www.provinggrounds.com

Archived