Home

Saddam Captured

Boba Rhett

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i wonder what they will do to him now... its obvious they will interogate him. But why would he talk? He has nothing to lose. Hes lost a whole country, he has nothing except the clothes on his back.

There are still gonna be the rebels and the suicide bombers. Thats why I worry for my brother-in-law....

Yeah, i know a guy who will be going soon too. And your right, this morning there was a possible car bombing somewhere in iraq.. but there not sure. People are shooting guns, and can hear explosions and stuff...

Hang on. Where are the weapons? I thought that's why we went to war? Not to capture some bearded man. Now we have Saddam - but there are still hundreds of factions fighting the coalition in Iraq (plenty of them not loyal to Saddam) who want a piece of the pie, and hate the West just as much as he does. And the Saddam loyalists will probably just fight harder now.

The fact of the matter is we went to war on the basis of a lie - now we've ****ed up a country and a region, arguably, even more than it was before - and got a bunch more people to hate us. And now we have captured a bearded man - a man once supported by the US government, no less.

Result.

Originally posted by The_One

Hang on. Where are the weapons? I thought that's why we went to war? Not to capture some bearded man. Now we have Saddam - but there are still hundreds of factions fighting the coalition in Iraq (plenty of them not loyal to Saddam) who want a piece of the pie, and hate the West just as much as he does. And the Saddam loyalists will probably just fight harder now.

The fact of the matter is we went to war on the basis of a lie - now we've ****ed up a country and a region, arguably, even more than it was before - and got a bunch more people to hate us. And now we have captured a bearded man - a man once supported by the US government, no less.

Result.

wow, a tip for you, turn your head around so it faces front, maybe then you will see strait

Result.

true... i agree on all points :) good to see that at least someun sees through it ;) (no, i'm NOT beeing sarcastic)

Result.

I'm with you on this one Rich. The UN did not find that Saddam was possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction. What gave Bush the right to attack? Like you said Rich, The loyalists will fight harder now and we can also expect further attacks in the future.

America went in to stop Saddam, for what main concern? Oil. America went in to stop this tyrant. Does this mean America will go into stop Mugabe in Zimbabwe? No. It is all about the concern for oil. The financial end justifies all means.

This does not mean I am in favour of Saddam's dictatorship. I'm glad to see him out of power but what gives America the right to invade Iraq?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I'm up for an old fashion foot hanging. :)

You know tie him at the feet and just let him hang for about 3 days then soak his wounds in salt water.

*Starts putting up picketing signs*

CRUELTY! CRUELTY!

No wonder the U.S never uses that anymore! *Shudders* :eek:

Result.

Hey, what if he did something to them? I mean, he had like 3 months before the war started to dispose of them. Remember, Bush asked him to give him that report that proved that there were no WMD, it was due in about 15 days... not to mention lots of talk about war before that. Anyways, im not saying he had the weapons, but he might have. Saddam could just admit he had them. People have always hated the west, remember 9-11? Even if the WMD were made up, I think someone like Suddam should have been removed. He killed his own people, and tortured people if they just said something about him he didnt like. At least you guys can type stuff against Bush. They couldnt say anything about Suddam. The Iraqis are overenjoyed over there! If bush lied, it will come out in the end. He will need to explain his real reasons for invading Iraq sooner or later. What are you "mad" about? So what if Bush lied.. there are too many possibilties and none of really know the answeres...

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Even if the WMD were made up, I think someone like Suddam should have been removed. He killed his own people, and tortured people if they just said something about him he didnt like.

Then why don't America go into Zimbabwe and remove Mugabe? He's tyranny is just as bad, if not worse in terms of violence to Zimbabweans as Saddam's was to Iraq.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

The Iraqis are overenjoyed over there! If bush lied, it will come out in the end. He will need to explain his real reasons for invading Iraq sooner or later. What are you "mad" about? So what if Bush lied.. there are too many possibilties and none of really know the answeres...

Iraqis are overjoyed. Hold on, we are watching the news from the perspective of media from WESTERN countries. Of course the media aren't gonna be showing loyalists to Saddam demonstrating that they are prepared to die fighting against America because this just sparks more worry and Bush wants the perspective that what he did was right.

But as you said lukeskywalker, there are too many unanswered questions.

I'm not saying that he should've been left in power. I'm saying that it wasn't America's (Bush's) place to invade on terms of possessing WMD which weren't proven. As I said earlier, the main concern has to be the oil.

Of course the media aren't gonna be showing loyalists to Saddam demonstrating that they are prepared to die fighting against America because this just sparks more worry

Good point. Its obvious the loyalists are not happy :)

As I said earlier, the main concern has to be the oil.

I dont like to think that we (bush/america) would go that low... they could have made a deal or something. Its possible that we did invade because of the oil, but if thats the real reason then I feel it could have been delt with better.

your pretty naive, irag holds like 1/8th of the world oil, its not for the oil! and they can hide weapons of mass destruction any were they want, they are in the middle of the fricken desert, yeah i believe they did have them, but...when we came, got rid of them, burried them in the desert, we would never be able to find them. we helped alot of people by taking sadam out of power, an entire country! They love us for it too, now they dont have to live under his rule, for the most part the people there thank us greatly; i know this becuase i have heard people, non-military go ocver there to bagdad and see this.

All this talk abouit stringing up our own President is stupid, he has done way more than clinton ever could have done given the same situation, and is for some reason, reciving alot of bad feed back, he's not the one sleeping around with ugly fat woman

Originally posted by kmd

your pretty naive, irag holds like 1/8th of the world oil, its not for the oil!

Then you tell me why they marched into Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein. If you say that it was because of his tyranny then I will reply by saying then why don't America remove Mugabe from Zimbabwe. The violence he's causing is just as bad as Saddam.

The WMD are of the concern of the UN. THE UN!!. For what right does Bush have to invade Iraq when no discoveries of WMD have been proven.

Also I don't exactly think America is without WMD.

Originally posted by kmd

they can hide weapons of mass destruction any were they want, they are in the middle of the fricken desert, yeah i believe they did have them, but...when we came, got rid of them, burried them in the desert,

It's not that easy to hide WMD. Those weapons are HUGE!!! Do you think America would not have searched in the desert? Of course they would've for tracks of where, that is 'IF' WMD were buried. You think about it. How're you going to hide HUGE wmd. It's not physically easy to hide these and even so, troops and forensic experts would've searched.

Originally posted by kmd

we helped alot of people by taking sadam out of power, an entire country! They love us for it too, now they dont have to live under his rule, for the most part the people there thank us greatly; i know this becuase i have heard people, non-military go ocver there to bagdad and see this.

Do you think the American Media are gonna illustrate to Americans all the loyal Iraqi to Saddam threatening America that they are ready to die just to kill some Americans? Of course not. Sure there are people happy but don't be stupid and think 'Every Iraqi is happy and loves us'.

Originally posted by kmd

All this talk abouit stringing up our own President is stupid, he has done way more than clinton ever could have done given the same situation, and is for some reason, reciving alot of bad feed back, he's not the one sleeping around with ugly fat woman

Yes he has done some good (and I'm not talking about the way he's handling the current worldwide situation) things but the way he has gone about the whole terrorist thing is wrong. All he's done is attract more terrorist attacks, threats and loathing between the Western Counries and the middle east.

Archived