Home

films you thought would suck but didn't

Sivy

have you seen any films that you thought would suck and only watched them to how much it sucked only to find out that it didn't suck and was infact unsucky.

heres some of mine...

waterworld - i watched it only because it got such bad reviews i wanted to see why and i discovered that it wasn't as bad as they said by any means.

death to smoochy - again, got such bad reviews but i watched it anyway and i found it quite amusing.

shanghai noon - really not a jackie chan fan so i avoided this one until one day when i was bored out of my skull and i found myself really liking this.

i know theres more but thats all i can think of atm.

Horror Express (you've never heard of it)

Seven Years in Tibet

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Amelie

Moulin Rouge

My Fair Lady

Sorry duder, but Waterworld was the worst big budget movie ever and I'm a professional bad movie watcher. I own at least 15 dvds/videos of movies filmed with camcorders...that had the date and time display TURNED ON. These movies aspire to be like the "bad movies" you've seen.

Waterworld kicks ass. XD!!! lol

Hmmm...crap there was a movie i just saw that i thought would suck but didn't...

Anyhoo, I thought Hercules would suck (yes, the disney movie) but i found myself enjoying it. Anaconda too. Also Notting Hill and Princess Diaries. There is another!! I JUSt saw it last week!! AAAAAAAARG!!! Damn me and my goldfish attention span!

*glomps Nute* Ah, another Audrey Fan? lol I LOVE My Fair Lady. Not too fond of BaT. And amelie!! AMELIE RULED!!

I hated Shanghai Noon... I can't stand Owen Wilson. I hate his characters. He plays Micheal Kelso-esque dumbass in every movie I've seen him. He replaced Ben Stiller as my least favorite actor. *not looking forward to Starsky and Hutch*

But despite all that, I still loved Shanghai Knights. *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

One I avoided for weeks at Blockbuster, but finally ran out of alternatives:

"Reign of Fire" (w/Keifer Sutherland I think)

That was really a good movie -- much to my surprise.

Another: "Signs" (w/Mel Gibson)

I didn't think I'd like it -- I really don't go for alien flix -- SURPRISE it's not really about the aliens, but How God works in mysterious and providential ways (all things have a plan, purpose etc.) This is now one of my favs!

Originally posted by Siv

the fast and the furious - didn't think i would like that one but one day a friend bought it round and we watched it and i enjoyed it.

I totally agree on this one, I liked it so much I bought a used copy of it from the video store for like 6 bucks.

Goth O_o It was very......strange, but at least somewhat tolerable and it had more of a point then I thought it would. Best moment - when this goth wanna be is pokin' this chick right in front of his g/f because the goth chick told him to do it or she would kill him. lol

Archived