Home

Evil pop-ups

You guys gotta get a better advertising service thingy or get a hold of Ugo and slap them around a bit cause I'm here on a different computer far far away from mine that doesn't have all usual anti-whatever programs I'm getting very disturbingly bad popups and things that are trying to install themselves into this computer. This computer does have Norton installed though and it keeps telling me that the popups from this place are screwing around with this comp in whatever way.

Yeah sure I'm not being that specific but the point is that this kinda stuff SHOULD NOT be happening in the first place in a forum like this :dozey: I don't want people to come in here saying the usual "oh get this or use that to block it" have ya ever thought about the few members who probably can't do all that for whatever reason?

I know advertising is needed to keep this place active... but maybe you should reconsider the type of advertising is being put up here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and this is the ad I'm talking about. It opens the the same window, and I think it tries to install something, but either the anti-spyware thingy I have running blocked it or whatever security they have on these computers (I was using a school computer at the time) stopped it. It stays blank like that for a few seconds, then it disappears.

edit: It did install something. This alexa crap. It collects information in forms, websites I've visited, ect. So I changed my passwords for security. I may avoid LF for a while if this doesn't change soon....

you think thats bad, think about the poor mofo's who DONT have a good computer

*spontaniously twitches and goes into rant mode*

IE:

NOT a Pentium 4/AMD ATHLON

NOT a Pentium 3/AMD K7

NOT a Pentium 2/AMD k6/k6-2

I'm talking aobut the Pentium 1 Mofos, the Socket 5 and socket 7 jockies

with these ads, computers run like hell wen accessing the site

and with people who have that sort, they have no clue what to do about ad ware and anti virual programs

...other then buying a 50 dollar program that runs itself, in which also runs uberly crap, cus they bought software that isnt made for a computer that is so slow on a computer that most likey runs an operating system that out most either needs to be reinstalled!!

I'm gonna turn of my pop-up blocker. I'll edit this post if I get anything.......

EDIT - Got the same thing as Phreak, so I probably got the adware crap installed......

EDIT2 - Looking at my activity log from Norton Antivirus, I have a lot of "Refers" from Ugo being blocked...... dunno if that means anything.....

On a side note, it seems someone tried to hack my computer twice this year. ^_^

Archived