Home

Farenheit 9/11

Pie™

Soo, has anyone seen it yet?

I can't wait till it comes over here, being a big fan of Mr. Moore myself :)

Please don't critizise this movie unless you've seen it yourself ;)

And don't turn this thread into a flame war either ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ET Warrior

I was going to create a thread about this, but I was waiting until I got a chance to see it so I could form an opinion. I'm going to see it though.

I would have done that if I wasn't so sure that it's gonna be a while till we get to see it over here...

Anyways, I just saw Moore on Letterman..

Know what would be interesting? A debate between a republican and Moore about the movie... I'd like to see that :D

I have no interest in seeing the movie, as Moore is a propogandist, and I don't like that type of thing.

But I defend his right to make and publish this film, regardless of what it says and about whom.

Isn't that what our hard-fought freedoms are about? Isn't it the right of any citizen to trash the government and soldiers who protect and serve them? I think so ... I don't care if the facts are right (I've heard they're iffy), I don't care if Moore was blaming the US for 9/11 on ... 9/12 or 13 ... that is also his right.

All I care is that people are allowed their right to free expression and exchange of ideas.

I have heard there is a new book about 'finishing the American revolution' which is highlycritical of both Dem and Repubs and what a mess they've both made of things ...

Mike

Though I disagree with Mr. Moore regarding some of his political beliefs, I commend him for presenting thought-provoking questions and arguments to many issues in America (and provides them in an entertaining and fascinating light as well). It's always good to hear both sides of the argument, as it can provide new ways of looking at issues that one may have never thought of before.

This last year of high school, my class watched Bowling for Columbine and Roger and Me, two of Michael Moore's better known films. Now the town I live in definitely has a conservative leaning. For example, there's some classmates who took the whole "we oughta nuke 'em all!" approach to foreign affairs. I'm glad they saw Moore's take on things. Granted, Moore can also take things to extremes, but at least it showed to them a bit of how the "other side of the fence" feels. Indeed, the entire class thoroughly enjoyed watching both films. I would like to think it opened their minds a bit farther than just Rush Limbaugh.

I enjoy Michael Moore's films not because I'm a fellow liberal, but because he shows people how he feels about things in an educated manner. He backs up his arguments with statistics (though I know how those can be skewed to favor either side in a debate) and is able to reach America's youth by tapping into popular culture and his delightful (if cynical) sense of humor. I'm looking forward to seeing his latest film to see what he has to say.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

I heard some things that Moore has said and he does have very valid points. I haven't seen Bowling for Columbine yet though I hear it is a great movie. As of right now though, I'm tired of reliving 9/11. Though I'm sure Moore will make good points about what happened, I think I might wait until this hits the video store...

i do think MM journalistic style lacks integrity at times, as much as I like to agree with the ideas he's presenting. I was moved by Bowling for Columbine though, especially when he and those kids confronted K-Mart about selling bullets at that convention.....

my first reaction was - they sell bullets at K-mart ! WTF !!!

ah, well. Im sure I'll see this eventually, but its not a go to the movies type of thing for me......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com

Michael Moore=scammer IMO.

Michael Moore didn't make that movie "to open up the eyes of the American people"; he made it just to bash Republicans and somehow blame the government for 9/11. Only Michael Moore can make an actual film blaming the 9/11 attacks on the very people who didn't cause the attacks. Michael Moore made this film in pure hatred of Republicans, no more, no less.

I think I'm going to keep on believing that a terrorist group called al-Qaida, led by a guy named Osama bin Laden hijacked the planes, and was responsible for the attacks.

I rest my case.

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Michael Moore didn't make that movie "to open up the eyes of the American people"; he made it just to bash Republicans and somehow blame the government for 9/11. Only Michael Moore can make an actual film blaming the 9/11 attacks on the very people who didn't cause the attacks. Michael Moore made this film in pure hatred of Republicans, no more, no less.

I think I'm going to keep on believing that a terrorist group called al-Qaida, led by a guy named Osama bin Laden hijacked the planes, and was responsible for the attacks.

I rest my case.

Mennonite, have you even seen Bowling for Columbine? If you haven't, I suggest you STFU right now, and remember;
Please don't critizise this movie unless you've seen it yourself

I've noticed that people who believe that evrything the president does is right usually just close their eyes and ears from anything stating anything else, just because they know that they're unable to argument against it :rolleyes:

I've noticed that people who believe that evrything the president does is right usually just close their eyes and ears from anything stating anything else, just because they know that they're unable to argument against it

I don't believe in everything the President does. But in the things that I do believe in, it ends up that not just him, but the whole cabinet is blamed. And you can't possible argue that people blame the very leader of the victims of the attacks for the attacks themselves- that is so obvious and easy to see. And when people who as you say "can't argue against it", when they do, it's the other side that closes their eyes and ears.

Oh yeah, I've seen Bowling for Columbine. I'm surprised it didn't provoke me as I thought it would. Let me put it this way: no matter who sold the bullets or guns, it's the people who hold the gun and pull the trigger that cause death. Not K-Mart that sells bullets and/or guns. It's the people.

I'm not going to watch Fahrenheit 9/11, frankly because I do not want to see crap made into a movie.

Of course it's easy for people overseas to want to see it, they don't live in the very country that has leaders blamed for what others do, in a country where "freedom of speech" is taken to the extreme. This in no way means that people who live overseas have no right to talk, it just means they have a totally different perspective, so they don't know that atmosphere things are in.

I'm not going to watch Fahrenheit 9/11, frankly because I do not want to see crap made into a movie.

Then why are you in this thread? ;)

Of course it's easy for people overseas to want to see it, they don't live in the very country that has leaders blamed for what others do, in a country where "freedom of speech" is taken to the extreme. This in no way means that people who live overseas have no right to talk, it just means they have a totally different perspective, so they don't know that atmosphere things are in.
Well, I've lived in the states for a year, and might be going back next year (against my will, mind you), so I do have some idea of what it's like ;)

And I've heard that a lot of people over in the US liked the movie, and found it to be great ;)

Then again, many people didn't, but I'm pretty sure that most of those are people like you; they are either conservatives supporting the big man, or they simply choose not to see it, but call it crap anyways ;)

Mennonite, you...ugh. NVM, no flame wars.

ANYWAYS, Moore 'bashes' both Dems and Repubs in Farenheit9/11. The only thing I can guess at about it (I've never seen it but I seen an interview with Moore) is he bashes the idiocy of the Presidential Cabinet about their 'misguided intellegence' and using that to start a war.

I don't like the guy, or should I say his opinions and his track record with film such as Bowling for Columbine, Canadian Bacon (that's right, he made that turd too), and most likely will not watch this movie either. But I will say this for him: I caught a few minutes of an interview with him on Conan Obrien (who I think I hate more than Moore), and he came off alot more humble than what I expected. I was suprised to hear him say in so many words "it's just a movie, and it's just my opinion. I could be wrong. But then again the other guy could be wrong too." That helped my opinion of him quite a bit.

Originally posted by Pie™

yeh, it's real good to see how mature people are ;)

Oh, and since when did Bin-Laden himself hijack any planes? ;)

since this is gonna turn into a flame war, i'm just gonna shut up and let you go about :)

1) If I expressed that pic in another way, with words, no one would listen or pay attention, it would be twisted, etc.

2) bin Laden was the leader and planner of it.

3) Sure. ;)

Originally posted by InsaneSith

*giggles* he was the financer, not the overall planner.

No, transcripts of released videos from Al-Jazeera (or some other station) depicted him as a co-planner of the attacks. He did finance it (duh, he had that big 500-member family fortune), but he also planned it. He and his fellow al-Qaida members discussed which section of the Twin Towers to hit, in order to make it collapse, in relation to the amount of fuel each plane had.

I saw that Bowling for Truth site- the facts and statistics are not shyte. Most everything else is though. ;)

No, transcripts of released videos from Al-Jazeera (or some other station) depicted him as a co-planner of the attacks.

exactly, CO-planner, you made it sound as though you thought he was the one and only planner.

and I said a lot, not ALL.

Archived