Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TK-8252

Also, Corso, to add to that, the devs are making the Dark Trooper a human in armor like any other trooper. You can hear him groan when he is shot or dies in trailers. :roleyess:

Then those are not dark troopers, even if Pandemic is calling them like that. The most they should do is groan ala "domo arigato mister roboto", not like humans. They've bastardized the legendary dark troopers so many times, only a few ppl like them now.

You guys are complete idiots if you think you're actually "re-living" the battles. This is an FPS game, think of it that way. You can't "re-live" battles that never ****ing happened. Get over it. being an EU fan I really don't give a **** if anything's different from the movies becuase i'm used to it. So stop crying about how the Darktrooper is going to "Ruin your gaming experience" and get on with your lives. The Darktrooper would have done better as a vehicle and not a class though.

Note: The Darktrooper is an Exo-Suit. Figure it out.

Originally posted by XBebop

You guys are complete idiots if you think you're actually "re-living" the battles. This is an FPS game, think of it that way. You can't "re-live" battles that never ****ing happened. Get over it. being an EU fan I really don't give a **** if anything's different from the movies becuase i'm used to it. So stop crying about how the Darktrooper is going to "Ruin your gaming experience" and get on with your lives. The Darktrooper would have done better as a vehicle and not a class though.

Take a deep breath and relax. Makes you live longer ;)

There are two sides to this. The ones that want the pure Star wars movie gameplay, no eu stuff. The other side are the ones that want a fun game where they don't care if it totally correlates to what the movie is. Not saying that the pure STar Wars movie ones don't want a fun game just they don't want any EU. I want a fun game that has fun classes to play, it won't bother me if theres a dark trooper flying around. Now I understand where the purist's are coming from, I just think that it would be amazingly cool to fly around blasting people. But than again i won't get butt hurt if they take him out either.

but I still would rather not have the darktrooper during reinactments of battles. Its a noob magnet.

Yep, I agree.

Thing is, a lot of units in the game aren't in the movies -

ARC Trooper, Dark Trooper, Assasin Droid, Assault Droid, Clone Jet Trooper, Clone Sharpshooter (skin was in the movies, class wasn't). Plus Imperial Heavy Stormtroopers (There were Pauldron guys, but without rockets).

So if we removed everything non-movie and added in the Bothan & Officer we'd have -

Rebels -

Soldier

Hvy Weapons

Pilot

Sniper

(Not sure about Wookiee Smuggler, there was only Chewie as the Wookiee, and BF one isn't called "Chewbacca"...)

Separatists -

Soldier

Pilot

Droideka

Clones

Soldier

Pilot

Imperials

Soldier

Pilot

Sniper

Officer

So the Clones would have two troopers, the Imperials & Rebels 4 (excluding Smuggler) & the CIS 3. Not really fair..?

John

actually, no. cause they were IN the movies, just in the back. like, for ones, they use the same skins for most. and the rest ( not counting jetpack guy) are at least imaginable. like, they are a givenb, you dont see them, but you know that they are there. I am for the Darktrooper, but only during games just for fun, but for reinactments, I say no.

Of course a darktrooper is going to be a noobmagnet, jetpack shotgun. I think it'll rank up there with the sniper unit. But usually the guys with the coolest stuff are hardest to play. Which I imagine will be the same with a darktrooper handling the jetpack while trying to shoot, might be a little difficult.

Your list is right on but the rebel heavy weapon unit wouldn't be in there either I never saw one of them running around with a big missle launcher? Did anyone?

Originally posted by XBebop

omgz haev a cookeh

wif teh wipped creem!!!11

Originally posted by joesdomain

Darktroopers just look fake to me!

Well I haven't posted here in ages but yeah the dark troopers don't look anything like the ones in Dark Forces do, also where is it stated that imperial offericers got the boot so that dark trooper could be in? I thought they were both originally planned to be in the game. Even so, doesn't bother me with thier inclusion.

Archived