Home

JK Honerz crap in DOOM 3!!!

Cosmos Jack

I ran into a JK Honorz Freak while on a DOOM 3 server tonight and it was very sad. I was enjoying the senseless, endless carnage, and lawless murder then I here it. "Stop Camping" This wasn't directed at me but I pounced on it as fast as I could.

Here is the conversation...............................

ME "He can camp if he want's it's just a game play."

JKplayer "You idiot I was typing!"

ME " It's just a game it doesn't matter if you die just play the game."

JKplayer "It doesn't matter if you die?"

JKplayer " You idiot you lamed me!"

"JKplayer disconnected"

I have played a lot of games online fore a few years now and the only place I here that much crying all from one person is JK games.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the idea of being able to play a FFA game and not here anything but, stuff like "WOW that was a good shot dude I ran right into that." Instead of "You shot me in the back you FN camping lamer."

Good thing is Doom has pretty high specs and a lot of the little kiddies that play JK might not have much fun playing Doom, because their parents might not dish out the money for a high end system or vid card. I can though. :D

Originally posted by TK-8252

Just hope that they don't start making admin mods for Doom 3. It'll be Doom+ with the amAbuse commands before you know it.

Don't even joke about that....:mad:

Let's just hope it doesn't carry into Star Wars Battlefront too. *Sigh* :(

It doesn't have Jedi so there is still hope. :D

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

uh they won't. D3 is a serious game. JKA is a newbie rpg fest. Sqrew this game, i'm giving up on it.

It's not that JKA isn't a serious game. It's that the majority of people playing it aren't serious gamers. They are along the same lines as little girls playing house with dolls.

I tried to RP for a minute one time. I ended up dropping a Thermal Detonator at someone's feet and getting banned. I just couldn't help myself. ;) I would sacrifice 30 min of boredom for a few seconds of fun.

Let's just hope it doesn't carry into Star Wars Battlefront too. *Sigh*

That was the 1st thought that popped into my head as reading this thread.

Think I'll give it a few weeks before I pick up Battlefront & see what kind of Honourz horror stories infect that game.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I have played a lot of games online fore a few years now and the only place I here that much crying all from one person is JK games.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the idea of being able to play a FFA game and not here anything but, stuff like "WOW that was a good shot dude I ran right into that." Instead of "You shot me in the back you FN camping lamer."

What are you kidding me?!?!?

JKII did not invent whining ... not nearly. Nor does it hold the keys to the whining kingdom. I play very little MP, but run into it on *every* game I've ever played - RtCW, MohAA, SoFII, CoD, etc, etc etc ...

And let me use my 'force insight' to predict ... it will be in Battle front. And Quake IV, and Battlefield 2, and ...

Mike

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

Sqrew this game, i'm giving up on it.

Bye.

Originally posted by txa1265

And let me use my 'force insight' to predict ... it will be in Battle front.

True enough, but let's just hope that whining and "honourz" aren't encouraged by mods that actually encourage and enforce such things... :)

What are you kidding me?!?!?

JKII did not invent whining ...

Maybe not, but it took it to a hole new level. Where in RtCW, MohAA, SoFII, CoD, ect. ect. ect. Do you see a group of people standing around doing emotes not to mention constantly kicking and banning people for doing anything other then that? Please tell what one of these games "other then JK" people do that in so I can go see it.:rolleyes:

Spawn killing is the biggest most common peeve in any game. JK broke way past that. Killing of any kind isn't tolerated.

And let me use my 'force insight' to predict ... it will be in Battle front. And Quake IV, and Battlefield 2, and ...

Maybe so, but don't do us any favors by branging it there.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Maybe so, but don't do us any favors by branging it there.

Trust me ... I love RPG's - and take role-playing in FPS SP very seriously. *BUT*, in MP I take killing using strategy and tactics and whatever skills I have very seriously. That is why I loved Jedi Master and Holo FFA in JKII - constant action, no letting up ... saber down = dead.

Mike

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

a game like doom3 which is scary like hell aint ever gonna be touched by honour/admin abuse crap. well maybe the latter, but of course not as frequent. This stuff is unique to JK series, AMEN

Alegis don't be stupid. the jk series didn't create anything. It was already there. The difference is the concentration.

The funny thing about doom 3, is that it was designed for people to be able to camp and hide in the darkness.

As for people whining about lamers, why do you think a chat icon was added to quake 3? People have been whining about those things for a long long time. Hell, go in a UT2004 Chaos UT2 melee duel server, and start whoring the powerups and you'll have the entire server up in arms, and just like in jk, they can't do **** about it because they suck at the game.

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

yeah because it all statred with the saber down. Sure some may complain in some games of chatkilling (a bit rare though) but unless theres a saberdown fucntion, this aint happening at all elsewhere, ever.

Remember this thread from a couple of months ago when I said typing out chat was stupid (and led to crying and sobbing about "chatkilling"), and that voice chat was the wave of the future?

Star Wars Battlefront will be optimized for PS2 online, Xbox Live and PC online. Console gamers will be able to battle against 16 players over the Internet or 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers will be able to battle against 32 players over the Internet or 64 via a LAN. The game will also support voice chat through compatible headsets for the PS2 and Xbox console systems as well as PC.

All of you who argued with me (and you know who you are), please form a single line so you can all come up and kiss my er, uh....ring.

Doom3 has been out barely a week. It's not very multiplayer focused, but given sufficient time it will have its share of whiners, losers and exploiters.

It's human nature and it's the internet, so this kind of thing is inevitable. The only thing is to what level will they go to ruin it for everyone else they can...

Very true. So they make up rules to limit the ability of them to lose. But they still lose, so they continue to whine.

"I WASN'T READY!!"

"THE SERVER WAS LAGGIN!"

"YOU WERE CHEATING SOMEHOW!!!"

"YOU ARE A RICH LPB #@$#$ WITH YOUR BETER COMPUTAR & CONNEXION!!!"

"YOU WERE RUDE WHEN YOU KILLED ME SO THEREFORE IT DOESN'T COUNT,START OVER!!!"

"THAT WEAPON IS TOOO POWERFUL, DON'T USE IT ANYMORE (but I may still use it)!!!"

Exactly! I entered a RPG server on JA a few days ago and had people vote kicking me just because my "Sith Cult" (it's roleplaying after all) was owning the server, so basically I was following the rules but had people hating me because I was still more powerful and had them lose all the time.

Tsk :(

Archived