Home

the_v.jpg

Awesome film.

0327f-insideman2-courtesy.jpg

This is also an excellent film... very well directed and not at all generic. Shame it has such a crap name... as i nearly didn't watch it cos i assumed it would be generic rubbish with a name like that.

Saw both movies last week, during my Spring Break. I plan to buy both. Both excellent movies. :D

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 7800GS 256mb Superclock finally came, I've only tested Oblivion on it so far, but it runs max settings w/HDR @ 1024x768 30+ FPS all the time, even outside. :D

I'll test BF2 and use 3DMark'05 to see how it compares to the 3250 I got on my 6600GT :D

And since TiE got his video card I bought his old one off of him, as well as this PSU off of newegg for 21 bucks :)

TiE was also nice enough to send me Black And White 1 and Max Payne 2 with the vid card :)

Thanks man can't wait for my stuff to get here :cheers:

What a nice guy! BTW, Far Cry Instincts Evolution is serious fun. I spent the entire day playing it, and I am hooked. These Far Cry games are some of the best XBOX games that money can buy....hands down.

Grooves, I have a question for you, since you work at a gamestop and all. When it comes to M rated games, does the customer have to be 17 (since that's what the game is rated for and all) or 18. I've always wondered this, but more now than before since in 3 months I'll be 17.

Grooves, I have a question for you, since you work at a gamestop and all. When it comes to M rated games, does the customer have to be 17 (since that's what the game is rated for and all) or 18. I've always wondered this, but more now than before since in 3 months I'll be 17.

Strangely enough, I've usually seen 18 for verification myself at times. :stick:

What a nice guy!

Everyone got that? And it's got an exclamation point, too! Kekeke. :p

Also, it cost me $9 to ship it today, and I sent like $15 of games for free, you got an awesome deal Bongo, you kinda owe me. :p

Then I'll go "Look here. It says M, and what number is above it? 17. Look at my ID. Born July 22, 1989. Do the math. 17. 17. Sell me the damn game."

And then security/police will get involved, and things will get ugly :(

Ehh, my bro is 17 and the only M game we got was Doom 3 from Bestbuy a few months ago.

Then we went to go and get Ninja Gaiden at Gamestop (Groovy remembers this story) and then said no, saying that my brother had to be 18 to buy a game that said 17 and up. Even when I argued that that would mean that A Games should be 19 and up, which is retarded. But no, we still didn't get it.

F-ers keeping us away from our games when I played Unreal when I was 8. I mean really. *Sigh*

Everyone got that? And it's got an exclamation point, too! Kekeke. :p

Also, it cost me $9 to ship it today, and I sent like $15 of games for free, you got an awesome deal Bongo, you kinda owe me. :p

I know, I know, I'll send prostitutes over once I get my stuff :xp:

But if it gets delayed, then I can't guaruntee that they'll be female XP

My very good thing is that I finally sent off my DS to Nintendo :D

That, and I get another free day off of school thanks to this damn cold. I both love being sick and hate it.

17. While some games are naughtier than others, usually if a game has any kind of blood splatter, language, or drug referenses, it has to get the M label. I realize that most boys have heard just about anything by the time they are 12, but rules are rules. They are stupid, but we follow them, so we can stay employed. :) Also, this is what happens if we get busted selling a game to a minor:

1. Termination of employment

2. The store, company, and person responsible has to pay a large fine.

3. The store is temporarily closed pending investigation.

Thank's Hillary, and Tipper....:rolleyes:

I'm not at all clear on the situation in the US. As far as i know all the LAWS about selling adult games to minors have been overturned... so 2 and 3 seem unlikely.

I thought that the rating were purely an voluntary industry initiative that a lot of stores had signed up to? I guess maybe when they sign up they agree to 2 and 3, but it seems a bit unlikely.

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the whole issue.

Anyway, now i need to think of a good thing... :(

Kaidi_Zhao_4s.jpg

Its almost summer! And for the first time its looking nice and sunny outside... so i dug out my old skates last night and went for the first skate of the year to the cinema. That was a good thing.

(PS/ Not a pic of me!!) ;)

Sweet, I know that the Walmart up here requires you to be 18, not sure about the Target, but at least I know I can go to the Gamestop over here to get my M games in...

*checks countdown timer*

107 days 12 hours 17 minutes and 28 seconds :D

Thank's Hillary, and Tipper....:rolleyes:

"Thank you Jack Thompson!"

He laughs, my brother laughs, I'm pissed. :/

1. Termination of employment

2. The store, company, and person responsible has to pay a large fine.

3. The store is temporarily closed pending investigation.

Egads! I love how this works out, I can look at whatever I want to look at on the internet, then go a slice/blow-up/chop/shoot/burn/beat people to death in my video games that I happen to already have, but NOOOO!; can't let me get M-Rated game! Oh lord! Anything but the marginally violent video games, please!

Hell, I laugh when I blow half of a guy's head off in SOFII, but I can't play Half-Life 2 because of the "graphic" blood? Pul-leez!

Well, I got my PSU today, and except for a minor incompatibility in design with my case (screwhole on the case that isn't used was in the way, pryed it back with plyers and now if fits nice and snug :) ), it's working great. And according to UPS, the graphics card is on time and should be here on friday :)

Btw, TiE, would I have to sign for it? Just wonderin cause I might have to work after school on friday.

Well, I got my PSU today, and except for a minor incompatibility in design with my case (screwhole on the case that isn't used was in the way, pryed it back with plyers and now if fits nice and snug :) ), it's working great. And according to UPS, the graphics card is on time and should be here on friday :)

Btw, TiE, would I have to sign for it? Just wonderin cause I might have to work after school on friday.

I think you have to sign for it if it's over $400 or the sender requests that it be signed for. Anyone that lives at your house/apartment can sign for it though.

I didn't ask for anything like that, but it's got your name on it.

Also, I warned you about the PSU not fitting, but good to hear you got that sucker in with some "gentle" force. :p

Firstly... I stole this thread :D

Wheeeeeee :D I'm livin' the dream, I just bought myself a Micro (black, with black faceplate) and I'm using it as a keychain lol. To be honest I would've rather gotten the 20th anniversary Famicom edition, but eh this is good enough, black is good :p And what game is inserted into my Micro?...

:D Yup I'm reliving one of the greatest videogames ever made. XD Feels good to have Mario with me where ever I go lol. Heh, when my mum saw my GBM with Mario she told me that the original Mario was the only videogame she ever understood. I couldn't help but smile at that XD

Archived