Home

The JK community (yes, it's the "myg0t clan" CS flash movie)

Cosmos Jack

I still don't get the "joke" in this (old) flash animation.

Are they saying they are so good that they cause people to go on school murdering sprees in real life? Or are they comparing people who "lame" in games to real-life psychotics? Hmm...

Is that a "real" clan? What point were they trying to make? Or were they just going for the "omg tis is sooo sh0cking!!" trend in flash animations (thanks to sites like newsgrounds).

Also, why does he pronounce the "l33t slang" so weirdly? I always thought "pwn" was just a misspelling of "own" 'cause the person was so excited, so it would be pronounced "pone" if you said it in real life, not "poon" or "pawn." Oh well, best not to think about such things... ; )

Well, anyway, nobody who played too much JK ever murdered anyone like that that I know of, although there was a group of guys who made that claim on their website, about 3 years ago (they also claimed they were going to take down JK.net with their "hax" so I think they were pretty much delusional).

[myg0t] is one of the big hack making clans, and yes they do hack websites and emails, etc. and just rage on people.

the flash is i hate yuo myg0t 2. its about this kid konane being raged to the point where he snaps and kills kids at his school then himself. nobody said it was real, its just for roffles.

Are they saying they are so good that they cause people to go on school murdering sprees in real life? Or are they comparing people who "lame" in games to real-life psychotics? Hmm...

Well Myg0t are a "clan" who are primarily evident in Counter-Strike... more in the old days really. They like to think of themselves as hackers... Basically they went around cheating on mediocre public servers, aimbots, wallhacks etcetera, and made a name for themselves that way.

So in essence, this flash is portraying what myg0t wants to do to the players they "rage" (annoy) and reveals more about their own angst and foibles than it does about their targets'. However, I share with the flash author a contempt for immaturity among players... though I question the flash author's maturity in belonging to such a conglomerate in the first place...

Counter-hack, the anti-cheating website has an interesting interview with one of them:

http://www.counter-hack.net/content.php?page=interview_[myg0t]g0d

Very informative window onto the psychology of these fellows.

Ah, so really it was just a deficiency in the "film" itself, 'cause the guy who does the 'real life' shooting looks nothing like the "nerd" that is getting all angry at his computer (though should have put the glasses on the guy or something... what he needs glasses to use a computer, but he can shoot people in the head at long range with a pistol without them?).

I was also a bit confused, because at the start the nerd's "player" in the game is dressed like a soldier but his "buddies" look (to me) like terrorists (wearing masks and turbans). Maybe I don't know enough about CS, but that made me think the nerd was "cheating." And all the "myg0t" guy did was kill his own teammates a couple of times then make fun of the nerd guy (play a custom sound and spraypaint a custom icon). Hardly a great show of "hax"!

The only connection between the two sequences (looks like two totally different "films" spliced together) is the detail of the (first person) "gun."

And that "gun" is the one used by the 'myg0t' clan to kill the "nerd." So I was like... what, the myg0t clan are real-life killers?!

I guess the trouble is, I don't play counterstrike and I never heard of "myg0t" until I saw that movie (hence my curiosity). What I was referring to in the JK community was a totally different "group" who had a website claiming that Jedi Knight players were violent criminals and that they would "bring down" the JK community with hacking to "stop the violence" or something like that. It looks like there are equally sad people in other gaming communities though!

Anyway, I look forward to many more people discovering this link and posting it's "hilarity" elsewhere on the forums...

PS: Some "interview." Sounds like the type...

The only connection between the two sequences (looks like two totally different "films" spliced together) is the detail of the (first person) "gun."

And that "gun" is the one used by the 'myg0t' clan to kill the "nerd." So I was like... what, the myg0t clan are real-life killers?!

By "what myg0t wants to do to the people they rage" I meant that they wish to annoy them so much that they go insane, and end up going on a killing spree, as in the flash movie. The explanation for the difference in the way the nerd looks from one situation to another is- as far as I understand it-... Well, that the animator was crap. Or maybe as you say, there were two animators.

But as I said, myg0t reveal more about themselves than their targets with this movie. I believe that this shows that they want power over others and to exercise this power, that they do not in reality possess. They like to think that their annoyances have a great effect upon those they annoy. It's quite sad, really, and I genuinely mean that sympathetically.

Here it is

CS is a counter-terrorism game

swat vs terrorists, pretty much...

but you CONSTANTLY hear people whining and complaining about how everyone else cheats and uses hacks everytime someone kills them, and that they keep making empty threats about getting someone to ban them...and if they are real cheaters, they just keep hacking more and more. They are making fun of those people.

As for myg0t, it is a clan that hacks.

I figure if I were them (and I'm not, thank god!) to get that point across I would have had the "nerd" after he got all angry, put the gun in his mouth and blow his brains out all over his computer.

THE END! (thereby showing the destroyed life, the gratitous blood, etc).

But then we have this totally different movie start about some other guy shooting some people at his school.

Yeah, it's like they are trying to say "we control people's lives and destroy them" Oooookay. That's really friggin' scary!

If they had just ended the movie with the nerd getting mad, that would have driven the point home that getting pissed off about video games is foolish (something most of us would agree with anyway, even if it also means that people who try to "rage" others on purpose are equally foolish).

If their goal was simply to shock people (by making light of real life mass murders), well, there's been quite a few better ones done (check newsgrounds for dozens of them). I don't know when this was made, but nowadays "shocking" or "funny" flash cartoons are a dime a dozen. Usually if you see anything done once, it's been done at least two or three times already.

Overall poorly concieved, poorly done, in poor taste, just poor...

Originally posted by Spider AL

Well Myg0t are a "clan" who are primarily evident in Counter-Strike... more in the old days really. They like to think of themselves as hackers... Basically they went around cheating on mediocre public servers, aimbots, wallhacks etcetera, and made a name for themselves that way.

So in essence, this flash is portraying what myg0t wants to do to the players they "rage" (annoy) and reveals more about their own angst and foibles than it does about their targets'. However, I share with the flash author a contempt for immaturity among players... though I question the flash author's maturity in belonging to such a conglomerate in the first place...

Counter-hack, the anti-cheating website has an interesting interview with one of them:

http://www.counter-hack.net/content.php?page=interview_[myg0t]g0d

Very informative window onto the psychology of these fellows.

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

I've seen this exact thing happen in a server just about on a day to day basis.

Kurgan, it is a flash about raging people. they rage him so bad he goes IN REAL LIFE and rampages with a gun.

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

You've been following me around trying to needle me for about three threads now Rumor... It's not working and it won't work, ever. There is no stored up quarrel between us. :)

Kurgan, it is a flash about raging people. they rage him so bad he goes IN REAL LIFE and rampages with a gun.
I believe I said that.

You've been following me around trying to needle me for about three threads now Rumor... It's not working and it won't work, ever. There is no stored up quarrel between us. :)

I think your dumb/ unfoundedly self righteuous too.

Anyway, its just a flash movie.

Open. Laugh. Close Window.

No need for it either, Jin did it pretty well at Massassi already. :p

Archived