Darth Groovy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kain

No we're not doing this again for 2 reasons:

1: He never said my opinion didn't matter

2: Read reason 1.

Besides, how I decide music goes like this: I like what I like, I dislike what I dislike, and I hate what I hate.

Good you posted that. (adds brownie points to Kain's status) Now that you posted that, the thread is back on track. I am SO proud of you! ;)

Right now I am listening to Ministry's version of Black Sabbath's "Supernaught". ;)

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Yeah, too bad Billy Corgan's new bad Zwan didn't pan out too well either. Maybe he'll get the Pumpkins together again...that would be awesome.

I'd be the happiest person, ever, if they did. :D

Pie, that cover looks awesome. I haven't heard of that group though.

Originally posted by SeleneRayne

Pie, that cover looks awesome. I haven't heard of that group though.

It's Darkthrone

Black metal at it's purest and rawest <3

The guy is Fenriz, the drummer, who was involved in the church burnings...

(No, i don't support burning of churches)

[edit] now i just put on this album, which I also bought today (it was a sale!) :D

15096-0-300-0-300.jpg

Carpathian Forest - Strange Old Brew

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I thought that was 1000 Homo DJ's?

Hmmm....

With 1000 Homo DJs; Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails , did the main vocals. After a some stupid thing with Trent's contract, the vocals had to be removed for some strange reason. If you managed to snag a copy of 1,000 Homo Dj's ONLY release, your a lucky person! Ministry re-recorded the song with Al doing the vocals, and they played it on countless tours between 1992 and present.(I know this because I been following this band relentlessly since 1989.) In 2001, they finally released the song (with Al's vocals) on Ministry's Greatest Fits album. I have to say, I was not a huge fan of this particular song at first, but it the repitious hook grew on me over the years, and now I love it.

Yeah, too bad Billy Corgan's new bad Zwan didn't pan out too well either. Maybe he'll get the Pumpkins together again...that would be awesome.

I think the entire reason they broke up in the first place is the fact that Billy Corgan is such a egotistical head case. It did not take the pumkins long to go from local Chicago, band to mega rock stars. I would know, because I saw Smashing Pumpkins after "Gish", when they were the "opening act" for Jane's Addiction. This was 1991, at the Aragon Ballroom. I saw them later in 1993, and didn't think they were all that great. They DID have some good songs, and I have alot of the CDs they did. They did the best cover of "Landslide" I EVER heard.

Black metal at it's purest and rawest <3

Pie™, your going to have to "educate" me on these different classed of metal, because I am just getting too old. When I first discovered "metal" the big bands were Anthrax, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, and Metallica. Soon after came "Thrash" Metal which was Suicidal Tendencies, Antisocial, and M.O.D., and Overkill. Then there was "Death Metal" which was Godflesh, Sepultura, Napalm Death, and Cannibal Corpse. I am AWARE, but not familiar with the so called "Goth Metal" wich consists of bands like "Cradle of Filth" (?) and perhaps Type O' Negative. When I first started paying attention to your avatars and sigs, "King Diamond" came to mind, but it was never my thing. I was never a HUGE metalhead, but I had a few favorite bands. Namely Suicidal Tendencies, Napalm Death, Sepultura, Godflesh, Faith No More (though arguably not considered metal), and Pantera. Then there was the "cheese metal" which consisted of the "pretty boy bands" such as Poison, Slaughter, Firehouse, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Great White, Def Leppard, Extreme, and Skid Row. I fell out of reach with all of "metal" when bands like Slipknot, and Mudvayne started charting "hits".

Maybe you can bring me up to speed.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I hope for YOUR sake you don't wear it out in public. That would be like me wearing an EMF shirt (yes I saw them live, sue me...) again.

Why? I love GNR. :p

Aerosmith > AC/DC > GNR > Led Zeppelin etc.... :D

Besides, around here I doubt anyone knows anythign about GNR or Axl Rose's..... let's say, idiocy. ;)

Well my music taste has really been these bands for about the whole past year.

In Alphabetical Order:

A Static Lullaby, AFI, Atreyu, Calico System, Eighteen Visions, Evergreen Terrace, First Blood, Funeral for a Friend, Glasseater, Hawthorne Heights, Hoobastank, Ill Nino, Killswitch Engage, Lost Prophets, Metallica, Norma Jean, Senses Fail, Silverstein, Slipknot, Story of the Year, Sublime, Taking Back Sunday, Taproot, The Beautiful Mistake, Terror, Underoath, Unearth, and Yellowcard.

And I'm currently listening to Unearth "Bloodlust of the Human Condition"

Most of the music on my list is pretty much Hardcore, Emo and Screamo.

:duel::lsduel:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Hmmm....

With 1000 Homo DJs; Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails , did the main vocals. After a some stupid thing with Trent's contract, the vocals had to be removed for some strange reason. If you managed to snag a copy of 1,000 Homo Dj's ONLY release, your a lucky person! Ministry re-recorded the song with Al doing the vocals, and they played it on countless tours between 1992 and present.(I know this because I been following this band relentlessly since 1989.) In 2001, they finally released the song (with Al's vocals) on Ministry's Greatest Fits album. I have to say, I was not a huge fan of this particular song at first, but it the repitious hook grew on me over the years, and now I love it.

Color me lucky then. It shouldn't be too hard to find though. I got mine on a Black Sabbath tribute album in the early-mid 90's. [edit] But I forgot to mention that it's probably the same version on greatest fits, since the only one w/ T. Reznor released was on a Waxtrax box set. Still claims to be 1,000 Homo DJ's though.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Besides, around here I doubt anyone knows anythign about GNR or Axl Rose's..... let's say, idiocy. ;)

Pfft...Someone has forgotten how many 28 year olds come in here. I know all about that idiocy stuff.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Color me lucky then. It shouldn't be too hard to find though. I got mine on a Black Sabbath tribute album in the early-mid 90's. [edit] But I forgot to mention that it's probably the same version on greatest fits, since the only one w/ T. Reznor released was on a Waxtrax box set. Still claims to be 1,000 Homo DJ's though.

Pfft...Someone has forgotten how many 28 year olds come in here. I know all about that idiocy stuff.

I have the "The Black Box" (wax trax collection). Such a fine set of songs in such a small package. I also have alot of OLD wax trax CDs before they merged with TVT.

Archived