Home

Music, is music, is MUSIC!!!

Darth Groovy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Y'all sound like a bunch of morons. "OMG MY BAND IS BETTER THAN YOURS. YOURS ARE POSERS AND HAVE NO TALENT BLAH BLAH BLAH." Good Lord. Whatever happened to respecting people's opinions? Sheesh. Look, they like their music, you like yours. There is no reason, NO GODDAMN reason that you should go and say something like:

Do you know what that makes you sound like? A 5th grader. A child. An immature idiot. And if you don't stop acting like that, that's what you'll be seen as.

So here's my final word on this. Play nice, respect each other's opinions and if you wanna fight about it, take it elsewhere. Not here. And you know which record really matters? Mine.

Do you know how much I care about what you, or anyone else says? About as much as a 5th grader cares about finger painting. KBell was the one who said what I said didn't matter, so you and he can STFU. I don't give a damn that you're a mod, you need to quit being so one sided.

Simmer down there, tiger. I just told you to play nice. That means you play nice with everyone. And just so you know, I don't like being told to shut the **** up.

I'm not being one-sided. I am simply telling you to respect one another's taste in music. If you cannot do that, I will ban you for being insensitive and stuck up. Got it? Good.

Have a nice day. :)

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

I love Nancy Sinatra. :D

Nancy Sinatra - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)

How about "These Boots Are Made For Walking"?

And she did a fantastic job on her Bond song: "You Only Live Twice".

Which is definitely one of my favorite Bond songs.

Currently playing: Nancy Sinatra - "These Boots Are Made For Walking"

"These boots were made for walking"

That was on Austin Powers! Funny...erm...usage of the song though.

now Listening to: Switchfoot - This is Your Life

I forgot to answer your question too. I used to play snare drum in a school band, but I quit. I am trying to find time for piano and violin, and finish off the drumset.

*shrugs*

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Well sir, I listen to everything that is not country.

Some CDs you MAY be "surprised" to find in my collection.

...Boogie Down Productions

....Ravel

I like different music for different reasons. ;)

damn you ! its gonna be harder to hate you now ! I love BDP/KRS1 and always have loved Ravel, not just for Boldero either :p:D

yeah, and if the devil ever appeared to me and said,

"Astro, kill three people by midnight and I shall remove country music from the universe forever!"

I would grab the steak knife and run into the street pronto ! :p damn country music....soundtrack for the KKK...I hate the cowboy hats, I hate the boots, the mulletts the rednecks... ugh ! I hate it !!!!!

mtfbwya

I just decided, since I'm tired of Mod and SuperMod PM's telling me how much of a jackass I am and since this is where it all started, I'm only gonna say this once:

KBell, don't ever ****ing quote me again. All you people who said I was being stupid, I never wanna see you get all pissy with me next time I say something about your opinions. And I don't give a damn about anyone's status here. Nobody wants to stand behind me when I get told my opinions don't matter, I'll start being the first to remind everyone of how much THEIR opinion matters.

Back on topic, all that hardcore stuff is just...I dunno, bleh. I like hard music, but the harder it gets, the more aggravating it gets - depending on the band. I dunno if that made and sense...

Slipknot is horrible. Any group with more than 5 people is obviously lacking individual talent and so they have to make up with overwhelming numbers.

I wonder if I have to put IMO so I don't piss anyone off again. You'd think in a thread about opinions the point would get across...apparently not.

I must say this...

Quoted by the lead singer of Bowling for soup, and is going in my sig in a minute...

I have always said that if someone took a **** into a microphone, someone out there is would call it genius.

So stop the flaming, and get on with the letting the people know what music you listen to/play.

Yes, I admit, meteora does suck. It's too poppish. Hybrid Theory was true rock blended with rap. That's the reason Meteora is sitting in my closet collecting dust and my Hybrid Theory disk is right next to my xbox, along with all of my other cds.

Listening to: Bowling For Soup:1985

Originally posted by Kain

I just decided, since I'm tired of Mod and SuperMod PM's telling me how much of a jackass I am and since this is where it all started, I'm only gonna say this once:

KBell, don't ever ****ing quote me again. All you people who said I was being stupid, I never wanna see you get all pissy with me next time I say something about your opinions. And I don't give a damn about anyone's status here. Nobody wants to stand behind me when I get told my opinions don't matter, I'll start being the first to remind everyone of how much THEIR opinion matters.

Back on topic, all that hardcore stuff is just...I dunno, bleh. I like hard music, but the harder it gets, the more aggravating it gets - depending on the band. I dunno if that made and sense...

Slipknot is horrible. Any group with more than 5 people is obviously lacking individual talent and so they have to make up with overwhelming numbers.

I wonder if I have to put IMO so I don't piss anyone off again. You'd think in a thread about opinions the point would get across...apparently not.

Listen bub, I dunno what crawled up your colon and projectile pissed in your wheaties.

However, you can't talk to users like that.

Cool off for the next...say, 3 days. That's an opinion you'll have to give a rat's ass about.

And for music, I'm listening to Matchbox 20 - All I Need. :emodanc:

Originally posted by Tyrion

this thread makes me feel like my opinion is dumb and invalid.

It took you until this thread to finally realize this? :D

I like a lot of music I guess...Old 60's and 70's musics is pretty sweet, and I like a decent amount of new stuff as well. I dunno...

System of a Down - Chop Suey

Originally posted by ET Warrior

...I like a lot of music I guess...Old 60's and 70's musics is pretty sweet, which explains why I am into acid trips too...

:D umm.... yeah :)

j/k

seriously, groovyy mentioned this above and its damn true : When you are younger, what music you are into can often affect they way you are perceived, or the specific type of kids you hang around with....

sure, when you are older and working you can gel with ppl who like the same bands/hobbies etc you do, but as part of day to day work etc, you have to get on with it and ignore these distinctions. My supervisor is into jazz, a colleague is into gospel music, im not a huge fan of wither but we all get along and work together well.......This prolly happened less so when in school....

Like groovy said, as you get older you dont care about lookin cool or not, you just listen to music 'coz you do... so if there is a poppy song that catches my ear, what they hey, doesnt mean I'll hate it just because it charted (beyonce's video's help too :D)

Tyrion, Kain I enjoy reading everyone's opinions, Im sure many others do too. In fact it's what I come here for, just to see what other are thinking about topics Im interested in :D whether anyone agrees or not is irrelevant, as long as you get to express it(and do so in a respectful manner) is the only thing that matters...IMO anyways :D

mtfbwya

currently listening to girlfriend nagging me to cook pasta tonite :(

Archived