Home

Post #11,000

Rogue15

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lynk Former

LOL yeah. I never have understood why Americans are so gun crazy.

*(Shoots Lynk Former in the head.)*

Well, now. :dozey: That was certainly useful in this case, wasn't it? My work here is done. Carry on.

:D

Originally posted by Lynk Former

*pokes Spock aka Imladil aka Zoomie in the eye*

:dozey: Awww. Now I have to go find a new Halloween costume...

Nute, has anyone told you yet that you're actually an android? :max: If you don't believe me, go and get a CAT scan (an X-ray will reveal only your interior biomechanically regenerative support structure, and your *blood* will appear perfectly normal except under an electron scanning microscope.) Unless I'm mistaken, you were sent here from the future to kill Lynk.

:D

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

Well they did afford to build themselves massive space stations, so its not like a single robot would be out of their reach.

And out of all teh stuff in that show that was unbelievable you picked that? I guess in your world, robotic "cells" create clones of your dead brother from the body of a KIA pilot every day?

Not EVERYONE has a colony, and it isn't that big of a feat considering if NASA actually did things right, we could have colony's right now.

And it's not that it's a single robot, it's that it's a single giant robot in the hands of country's that we know can barely keep their own obsolete hand-me-down military equipment working. I mean, come on! Nepal?! Kenya?! Cuba?!

Originally posted by Commander 598

And it's not that it's a single robot, it's that it's a single giant robot in the hands of country's that we know can barely keep their own obsolete hand-me-down military equipment working. I mean, come on! Nepal?! Kenya?! Cuba?!

For all we know, a Gundam might cost like $120,000 which is easily in the reach of everyone that isn't Eritrea and Djibouti. Plus Kenya isn't nearly as poor as they seem. I mean they're really poor compared to the cool countries like Germany and Thailand but I'm sure if they poured all the tourist dollars from Mombassa into the production of a large combat robot they could easily acquire one.

For all we know, a Gundam might cost like $120,000...

Curse you and your wal-martish Chinese goods! :max: Why, back in my day, military equipment was made in the USA and (like everything else) priceless. Oh, well...if it means I can get a virtual surround sound teevee/DVD combo for $130, I guess it's all good.

*(Looks sternly at Rookie Scar.)* That's a UA cattleprod, recruit. Where's your god-damned CC? I swear if he doesn't get over here pretty quick, I'll mash your ricky butt myself...!

;) Your name will soon become 'Rick.' (For recruit.) We should start calling you that now, to help ease the transition into government-indentured service. Mu-haw-haw-haw...

touche civillain zoomie, touche

as for the cost of a gundam

one could say that $120,000 could be the cost of a gundam's internals

you know, interchangable parts (ie like in Gundam wing they made some upgrades to their gundams. i think death scythe had alot more upgrades and definately the tallgise (spelling, dont care))

its gotta be the armour thats gotta cost more

i mean, what makes a 'gundam' a 'gundam' is not only the design, but the armour it has. i think the armour can only be made in zero gravity from what i heard from the story line

$120,000 might pay for the paint job and cockpit stereo system for a gundam...with change left over to buy fuzzy dice for the mirror. As for making armor in zero gravity, it will currently cost you many billions of dollars putting a factory in orbit.

:max: Stick with Russian tanks. They're well within your price range.

Pfft.

An F16 costs about $30 million. An F18 costs about $40 million. An FA-18EF(Super Hornet) costs about $60 million. An Abrams MBT costs about $4 million, and it's just 70 tons of chobham armor.

(Prices came from fas.org)

ff-x7.jpg

A standard UC FF-X7 Core Fighter probably would probably cost about $80 to $100+ Million in comparison to the above.

Now lets add about 35-40 tons of lunar titanium alloy and robotics to the above(Since it was a part of the RX-78-2 that were using for an example) and a Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor.

I'm just guessing, but i'd say we've hit somewhere about $400+ million since we don't know just how much that armor costs. And I haven't even factored in weapons(Just how much do those Beam rifles/sabers cost...?) or the standard thrusters.

Scar: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/gundamright.htm

You should really explore the UC timeline.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

$120,000 might pay for the paint job and cockpit stereo system for a gundam...with change left over to buy fuzzy dice for the mirror. As for making armor in zero gravity, it will currently cost you many billions of dollars putting a factory in orbit.

:max: Stick with Russian tanks. They're well within your price range.

This is about right. Especially the amount of paint needed...(Almost literally)

Pfft.

There's no such thing as an -18EF. The F/A-18E is single seat and the F is two seat.

Anyhow, your numbers are for the UC timeline not hte FC timeline. For all we know, in that universe they use rabbit's feet for currency and it costs 9829832923 rabbit's feet per Gundam.

There's no such thing as an -18EF. The F/A-18E is single seat and the F is two seat.

Anyhow, your numbers are for the UC timeline not hte FC timeline. For all we know, in that universe they use rabbit's feet for currency and it costs 9829832923 rabbit's feet per Gundam.

1. They must have changed designation systems on me. Designations now contain /s.

2. Sure. They probably use some strange currency, but that doesn't mean Kenya can actually afford anything superior to an F16(If they even have that...)

And just out of curiosity, can you even find anything about Kenya's military? I'd love a link.

2. Sure. They probably use some strange currency, but that doesn't mean Kenya can actually afford anything superior to an F16(If they even have that...)

And just out of curiosity, can you even find anything about Kenya's military? I'd love a link.

You can't apply real world stuff to this situation though. In Star Wars, transit to another planet runs a couple grand, which is more than buying a starship costs. A TIE Fighter runs around 5,000 credits (A Defender type TIE is 300,000 credits and costs "five times" as much as a regular TIE). Those numbers are all crazy compared to ours. Would YOU buy an airline ticket that cost $2000 when you could just buy your own airliner for the same price? In our world, a ship like the Millenium Falcon would probably run upwards of $25m. But if credit=dollar a TIE costs $5000, I'd assume a YT-1300 several times more and is easily in the reach of a small time smuggler (Say $15,000). See how different universes get all screwy?

In the world of G Gundam, there are numerous outside factors to consider. The materials might be dirt cheap. The gundamium armor might cost $.10 a square foot. Or all the countries with colonies pooled their money when they came up with the Gundam Fight thing or whatever it was called and mutuall financed the gundams.

As far as the internet goes, there's a Kenyan military but no details are available. I think I saw a picture of a Kenyan MiG-21 once.

Archived