Home

How many times have you crashed on a speeder bike today?

Darth Groovy

The one thing you shouldn't do on a speeder is speed :p

Turn off the blurring, that'll help you pilot it a bit. I usually just use bursts of speed and i'm often braking. The only problem I have with the speeder is I have a hard time aiming it.

What I don't like about the speeder is that it is too low on the ground. Going thru the forest of Endor for instance is very dangerous cause you can't see more than a meter in front.

Now, I don't want it to be too easy by elevating it too high, but a tad higher would be preferable. :)

The second thing is, going over slops on the ground at max speed is impossible. As you come down on the other side you slam down on the ground, damaging the speeder. That is just stupid. :rolleyes:

On Endor if I'm not careful I always crash into a rock/bump/stick/twig and get blown to pieces.

It makes you wonder... are the speeder bike chase scenes in RotJ actually humanly possible, considering how "unskilled" some Imperial Scout Troopers can be?

Considering the camera/zoom and the fact that the PC version has Endor littered with lush vegatation, yes, the only way I can effectively use a Speeder Bike is in third person mode, and going in cautious starts and stops, never traveling at full speed, then hopping off once I get to my destination.

It really is a fragile thing, and the above doesn't help much. And I thought the JA Swoops were hard to get used to, but this.... whoa....

Originally posted by Kurgan

Considering the camera/zoom and the fact that the PC version has Endor littered with lush vegatation, yes, the only way I can effectively use a Speeder Bike is in third person mode, and going in cautious starts and stops, never traveling at full speed, then hopping off once I get to my destination.

It really is a fragile thing, and the above doesn't help much. And I thought the JA Swoops were hard to get used to, but this.... whoa....

Gives new definition to the term "crotch rocket" doesn't it? :p

Here is the ultimative Speedbike Tip:

1.Run to a Speedbike

2. Hit "E" to take control of it

3. Close your eyes

4. Stay cool!

5. Press "W" or whatever your acceleration button is

6. Now you should be able to "feel" the rocks and trees" in front of you

7. If you still crash you never will be a Jedi !

Hope this helps ;)

Rends

Archived