• DS Male
    • LS Female
    • DS Female
    • I don't care (LS Male)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

well, one thing its going to do quite well is to help you identify what kind of mods would be really cool to have in the game well before the pc version comes out. :D

anyway, i'll do it ds male first since i'm male and i prefer darkside. the rest will depend on how the game develops from that point. :)

I'll be answering in the order I played through KOTOR the first 4 times, beyond that I'll lie and try to confuse the game. :D

----------------------------------------------------

KOTOR Revan..../....TSL Character Arrangement

1. DS Female.....(DS Female, Counselar / Sith Lord)

2. LS Female.....(LS Female, Sentinel / Jedi Watchman)

3. DS Male........(LS Male, Counselar / Jedi Master)

4. LS Male........(DS Male, Sentinel / Sith Marauder)

Originally posted by RedHawke

I'll be answering in the order I played through KOTOR the first 4 times, beyond that I'll lie and try to confuse the game. :D

This is exaclty what I will do :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

you won't be a DS jedi gaurdian/sith marauder (or lord)?

What's so good about Consulars or Sentinels? Gaurdians get force jump.

Anyway, I'll be a DS Gaurdian/Sith Maurader or Lord (I can't decide) :confused:

even though i have played kotor many times i usually end up as ls male so that will be my first answer i will then try ds male as i am sure i will play tsl just as much as i have played kotor but i dread the day when i suddenly have to choose which one to play as i love them both

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

The force? Lightsabers do more damage. And Gaurdians get just as many force powers as Sentinals.

But lightning is fun :D ! You can fry ennemies and force choke them as much as you want if you are Consular (more force points).

I find you lack of faith disturbing! :p

^^^^

Agreed Darth333! Consulars pwn! :lightning

Originally posted by Darth333

This is exaclty what I will do :D

So we are on the same wavelength... it must be the power of the darkside! :D

The force? Lightsabers do more damage. And Gaurdians get just as many force powers as Sentinals.

Uh... actually Sentinels get more powers than the Guardian does. :eyeraise:

The Consular gets the most powers and least feats, the Sentinel is the middle ground between the two medium powers and feats, and the Guardian gets the least powers and most feats.

And Lightsabers or any other game weapons are not the be-all-end-all, some things you can't solve by using a Lightsaber.

Spamming Force Wave and Force Storm will pwn most all opponents. :D

you won't be a DS jedi gaurdian/sith marauder (or lord)?

What's so good about Consulars or Sentinels? Gaurdians get force jump.

Anyway, I'll be a DS Gaurdian/Sith Maurader or Lord (I can't decide) :confused:

I never liked the Jedi Guardian class, and Force Jump has limited uses, unlike the more useful Force Masteries the Consulars and or the Immunities the Sentinels get.

Sentinels are the best of both worlds, and Consulars get tons of force points. So that is why Guardian would be the last class I would choose to play (playthrough 5 and 6).

Emperor Devon, and anyone else interested, you might want to look at the way the SW D20 system works when you are going to choose your class combinations. Some combinations could actually hurt your PC's advancement.

Here is a general guideline of the best Starting Class/Prestiege Class combinations;

--------------------------------------------------

Jedi Guardians will enhance the new Prestiege classes of Jedi Weapon Master or Sith Marauder.

Jedi Sentinels will enhance the new Prestiege classes of Jedi Watchman and Sith Assassin.

Jedi Consulars will enhance the new Prestiege classes of Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

That is why I chose the combinations I did (above). They should have a really good symmetry with each other.

Like Jedi Guardian / Sith Lord you posted above, you could do it, but the Jedi Guardian is a master of the lightsaber and the Sith Lord is a master of manipulation, not very symmetrical. The better class for your Jedi Guardian would be one who uses weapons like the Jedi Weapon Master or Sith Marauder IMHO.

I never liked the Jedi Guardian class,

Me either, I've played that class one time & thats it.

Consulars pwn!

Indeed. Will be the 1st class I play in TSL (Jedi Master!!!!!), & the 2nd game as well (Sith Lord!!!!). Guardian will be my last playthrough; in order of classes & combinations.

*Curses XBox* :fist:

The Jedi classes into the higher prestige classes transition will not be as smooth as it was in KotOR I. Pick a progess tree and stick with it. The cons will out weigh the pros. Sadly, I was a big fan of crossover chars in Part I.

Fiend and 'Hawke once again make me sad. I then realize that I have less than 20 days to the X-Box release. I am happy again.

^^^^

bah!! what are you going to do whenever xbox2 is released??? shell out another $200+ to only have the ability to play games??? you have to understand what keeps me in the pc crowd: the ability to type up papers for class, then reward myself with a good hour or six playing games. try that with your precious xbox (or ps2 for that matter ;)).

don't forget that after the first month, the pc crowd will already begin to enjoy better graphics and sound quality than you can on your xbox2. same thing happened when the the geforce 3 video card was released (since the xbox uses the equivalent of the geforce 2).

don't get me wrong, some of the best games have come out for consoles only, but thats still not enough to wrench the keyboard and mouse from my cold, dead fingers. :D

on that note: *curses the xbox* :fist:

on topic, i must do darkside first. it calls to me..... :dev7:

Originally posted by UrchSr

The Jedi classes into the higher prestige classes transition will not be as smooth as it was in KotOR I. Pick a progess tree and stick with it. The cons will out weigh the pros. Sadly, I was a big fan of crossover chars in Part I.

I think you are taking the whole TSL Prestiege Class thing wrong here UrchSr... let me try to explain the difference;

Prestiege Characters are not what we were doing in the first KOTOR, Prestiege Classes aren't meant to "crossover", they are meant to enhance your original chosen class to make a more powerful and "Prestiegous" character. So certain symmetries should be followed... and the game will most likely push us, or out-right limit us, in our Prestiege class choice depending on our initial chosen Class (Guardian, Conselar, or Sentinel). This is a good thing, making KOTOR:TSL less like KOTOR, and it also encourages replayability... and that is always a good thing with an RPG, and a sequel. :D

I hope that helps! :D

Archived