Home

New MDLOps

cchargin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit tk102:

Latest version is 0.6alpha1 available from http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

v0.6.0alpha1 (May 22, 2007) : Update by JDNoa -- Supports importing of creature animations (experimental)

v0.5.0 (Mar 8, 2005) : Now works with TSL models

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone,

What's up with the lightsaber in that picture? It's all deformed. Wait! Is that a NEW ligthsaber hilt model in the game? Yes, yes it is.

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/newsaber1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/newsaber2.jpg

And check out that pirate chest? Yes, a pirate chest replacing the good 'ole footlocker.

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/piratechest1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/piratechest2.jpg

Yes they are fully functional.

MDLOps 0.4 is now available at:

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

What's new:

-Replacer: lets you replace 1 tri-mesh in a binary model with a tri-mesh from an ascii model

-Renamer: lets you rename textures in a binary model

-Cool new icon created by Svosh

My lightsaber models and pirate chest will be available at pcgamemods.

I want to thank my testers for their help and suggestions:

T7nowhere

Svosh

Bneezy

Xavier2

[sTGN]Locutus

Some questions answered (before you even ask them):

-No we can not create or modify the actual saber blades.

-Replacer ONLY works with tri-mesh. It does not work with skin or dangly

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, theoretically this could allow us to make (atleast seemingly) new areas! With a few new, and correctly placed placeables it would be possible to create a seemingly differant looking area. I know it sounds werid but ive always wanted a 'wall' placeable, just for the sake of being able to cut of an area or make somewhere look differant. Ah well, but i guess thats a moddelers job :), anyway i know ive already said it but great work. Thank the lord for cchargin

Hello,

About the replacer thing, is it just for Lightsabers? Or it is for swords, blasters and helmets too?

it should replace ANY tri-mesh in ANY binary model with a tri-mesh from an ascii model. Or so I think. If you find a model that it does not work with let me know. So try it on any and all models you want.

It has been tested on lightsabers and some placeables. Area models? who knows, maybe it will work just fine. Droid models (many of them use tri-mesh) will probably work also.

Just when I thought it was 'safe' to take a break from modding to work on my website...you have to go and come out with this...

[fake sarcasm] Well Thanks Alot! [/fake sarcasm]

Why do I get the feeling there are going to be hordes of saber mods come out..hmmmm?

So any bets on who the first person to come out with a Count Dooku model is going to be? ;)

Kidding aside....

Simply Outstanding Job cchargin, thanks! You've opened up yet another new gaming experience to tide us over till TSL!

:thmbup1:

Thats awesome i'll have to try that out.

JUST WONDERING:can you make costum sword hilts (not lightsaber hilts) because i wanted to make a sword that looked just like william wallaces sword on brave heart (i thought that would be pretty cool)

FIRST THIS

:lsduel:

THEN THIS

:firehead:lightning

HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by svösh

whitguy we have been able to make new swords, guns and masks with mdlops 1 :confused: This is the forth release now we can make new sabers and placeables :D

svösh

well some guys told me that you could costumize the sword blade but not the hilt but if you can then i geuss im all set.

FIRST THIS

:lsduel:

THEN THIS

:firehead:lightning

HAHAHAHA

Well, Cchargin... you have outdone yourself this time, new lightsabers! [insert Evil Laugh Here]

Very Nice! :D (The chest is also cool!)

Anyway Cchargin, or anyone else in the know, to basically make a new saber for KOTOR, you can model your own saber hilt, and then import a saber blade from another standard KOTOR saber to it?

Am I on the right track here?

:D

Hello,

By the way is that binary renamer feature the one you got the inspiration from my hex editing models thread?

I can tell you have not read the readme! ;) Take a look at it.

can you make costum sword hilts

All releases of MDLOps have allowed you to make custom swords.

Maybe I should go over a list of model types that we can work with and what we can modify.

"Simple models" you can create from scratch and get them into the game with no tricks. Simple models are:

-swords (any type)

-blasters (any type)

-masks

-goggles

-grenades

"Simple animated models" and "simple models with emitters". These models you can replace the tri-mesh portions with replacer. You can not modify the animations or the emitters. Examples of these models are:

-placeables (i.e. footlocker, swoop bikes, tables, etc...)

-lightsaber hilts (all types)

"Complex animated models" and "Tri-mesh character models". You should be able to replace the trimesh portions with replacer, but I don't think anyone has tried it yet.

-maybe area models???

-maybe the droid models???

Skin mesh models without animations. These models you can push the vertices around a bit. Examples are:

-underwear models

-armor models

-clothing models

Note: some of the "body" models have problems (like Bastillas clothes) and will not work right.

Some things we still can not do:

-create or import new animations into a binary model

-create or import new skin mesh envelopes into a binary model

-create or import new lightsaber blades into a binary model

-export certain animations into an ascii model (for a good laugh extract the huge rancor get it into gmax then watch the animations!)

Archived