Home

Jedi Knight Coming to the DS!

Boba Rhett

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

6) 15-16 years ago, you showed my mum a good time and possibly may be my father

mtfbwya

Now that I think about it... there was that lady I met in Oztrailia...

:eek: Give your father a hug.

Well don't look at me like I'm frickin Frankenstein! Give your father a hug!:mad:

I'm gonna make up for all those lost years Astro... you like beer kid? :xp:

if you want Monkey island (or Sam n Max, or Day of the tentacle with full voice acting, or Fate of atalantis or any other SCUMM game) (and own the originals) then pick up a GP32 BLU from Liksang.

Plays games, mp3s, videos and has SNES, DOOM, NES, Gameboy, and SCUMMVM emulators. DOTT is actually awesome on it, looks better than on the PC cos of the 3.8" screen.

-----------------------------

Actually, a lot of stuff that was abandonware could actually become great mobile gaming products.

- JK would work great on the DS (which is apparently better than any other console control method for FPSes) and it could probably handle it.

- I'd be surprised if lucasarts doesn't remake the SCUMM games for mobiles at some point. Point and click games would work great with the DS Touchscreen.

- A DOOM2 port for the DS would be awesome. It works great on a GP32, but an easy wireless multiplayer version would rule.

- Ocarina of time would also rule.

- The upcoming (i think) goldeneye remake would be WAY WAY up there on my wishlist as well. Wireless multiplayer goldeneye would rock!!

- Also: System shock, Elite/Elite 2, Wireless multiplayer XWvTF, Chrono Trigger, Monkeyball, X-com (multiplayer email), Space Hulk 2

But i must say that, i wonder how well some 3d games will translate to a tiny portabel screen. One of the reasons the gameboy has been so sucessfull

(and things like the n-gage havent) is that nintendo realise that on tiny screens big 2d sprites are often much better than 3d (when it isn't often needed and can make things a lot harder to see).

Yay!

I got the PRIVILAGE to play a Nintendo DS yesterday.

One sentence : I was impressed.

Of course, I don't really like Metroid games, and the game they had in was "Metroid: Hunters". I didnt care for it that much, but the stylus and the likes of that feels sooooo natural. and its REALLY fun to play with. I can't wait to get a nintendo DS.

Archived