Home

EP 3 Tickets

urluckyday

Do you want to see Episode 3  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Episode 3

• Do you need to ask dumb questions? YES OF COURSE I DO!!!!!
    • NO! Star Wars Stinks
    • Maybe, I'll probably wait for the DVD or VHS
    • What the heck is Star Wars? (you should be banished if you say this)

• 2 weeks later...

One guy was on the news because he is ALREADY waiting in line for the movie.

My first thought was "this is just a homeless guy, not a Star Wars fan!" then I thought maybe he was seroius. He's going for some world record or something.

So you have this guy wearing a hat & coat sleeping on a couch in front of a theater. I would think they'd make him leave or something. How does he eat? Go to the bathroom?

Does he have somebody hold his place in line for him? Do people bring him food and supplies? Since he must have no job, who's paying for him to stand/sit/lie around all day, day after day?

Maybe there is a port-a-potty nearby (or go inside the theater and use their toilet), and maybe he has a laptop with him or something (batteries wouldn't last forever though). Or he could "live in his car" for awhile and have people visit you each day, but man would that get boring. No showering for months? Uggh.

To do it you'd need a team of people to support you if you really had to stay in front of the theater.

I can understand waiting in line maybe a week before a movie, MAX, like with a tent or something (and that alone makes you an obsessive fan or an attention wh0re who wants to be on TV), but sleeping on a couch a whole FOUR MONTHS before the movie comes out?

That's just plain INSANE!

No movie is going to be worth that long of a wait. I wonder if he'll actually hold out long enough to get in first, and how long the second person in line will be.

Then again, I think the first guy will look crazy. The second guy will look crazy. But maybe after the 20th guy it will start to look less crazy. But then I remember we had hundreds or thousands of people waiting for Episode I and II and they got made fun of for being crazy fans. Imagine what this guy must be thought of!

I'd give him a week tops, before he gives up...

Originally posted by Kurgan

One guy was on the news because he is ALREADY waiting in line for the movie.

sry for not sounding like a delusional fanboy, but i can't even see why fanboys insist on making the first showings to some of these movies. for me, no movie is worth a week sleeping in some tent outside of a theater.

if you factor in the cost (for me, anyway):

Movie Ticket: -$6.25

Missing 25hrs of work: -$175(before taxes, and yes, thats $7/hr)

Missing my classes @ college: -$257 (which i've already paid for)

Total cost: -$438.25 just to catch the first showing of SW: EpIII. :dozey:

Originally posted by ET Warrior

The insistence on being to a first showing is because it's a once ina life-time thing. You will never, EVER get to see the first showing of Star Wars: Episode III again.

Not only will it be the only time you can see Star Wars Episode 3 for the first showing, but because this is probably the last Star Wars to be released, it makes it even more special.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

The insistence on being to a first showing is because it's a once ina life-time thing. You will never, EVER get to see the first showing of Star Wars: Episode III again.

still, does that justify losing about $440??? me, being a college student, most definately not.

you have to understand my priorities: what is going to be more important to me in the long run, the very first showing of SW: Ep. III, or making sure I have $440 in the bank for future college costs??

as i've said before, as much as i love star wars, i just can't justify losing $440 of my hard earned money for a first showing. there is more to life than star wars, at least for me.

Originally posted by stingerhs

still, does that justify losing about $440??? me, being a college student, most definately not.

And you have what to do with those who are willing to make sacrifices to see it for the first screening?

Noones trying to convince you to see the first screening mate.

• 2 weeks later...

does it really matter whether it is a premiere.... I mean it is the first time *you* will be seeing it, whether or not everyone else is no big deal.... dont forget , alot of Europe is getting EpIII on the 18th ! Not only that, but as for myself in Australia, I would have seen it, gone home, gone to bed, woken up, had breakfast, gone to see it, and it wouldnt have been shown in the US yet...

*my timezone PWNz your timezones* :p

mtfbwya

Archived