Home

KOTOR 2 - How many of you waiting for it?

CaptainRAVE

I know I am. Im waiting for the PC version.....its gonna be great. I enjoyed the first one so much.....and it was even better with the twist at the end (i never saw to coming!).

How many of you are waiting for the new one??

what are your favourite memories from the first? (apart from enjoying playing as a bad guy so much - and feeling a lil bit guilty)

KOTOR what?

joke, dunno never played the first one though I did hear good things about it. I'm not very good at that sort of game which is one reason i never gave it a go.

I'm not really looking foward to any games though as new ones won't run on my PC (see system spec thread)

yes, i'm very excited about kotor 2.

kotor 1 IMO is the best game ever, so kotor 2 has got a hard act to follow.

i'm trying not to read anything about it because i don't want to have any preconceptions about it before playing.

I, my bro, and our friend rented it and played it in an all nighter on the x-box version. It was great but the x-box was taken away because our friend's friend, also our friend, had to leave with his x-box. Now we really want to play it but not on x-box, we really didnt like that part.

KOTOR 2 is amazing. Wonderful. Fantastic. Brilliant.

I skip meals sometimes just so I can play it.

the only problem is a few instances of pathfinding AI. sometimes people who should follow you will get stuck Waaaay behind you before you realize it, and you have to backtrack.

Also, your party members will sometimes start running in the direction opposite battle unless you're paying a lot of attention to them.

Finally, my only REAL complaint, is if you pause battle, que up your attack plan on all three party members, and unpause it, more often then not all member will forget what you told them to do and just go in and default attack the badguys. That and the framerate drops alot more than it should....

It really sounds like a lot of complaining there but those things are all pretty minor and you get used to them. The game itself rocks hard and long and makes me joyous downstairs :)

i only finished KOTOR 1 a week or so ago, and id like to go back and try it on the dark side. And I have a huge backlog of games to play at the moment.

So I'll probably wait a while and hope i can get it cheap. :D

The first game was really odd.

The class balancing was terrible.

Skills were completely pointless, had no real use and weren't worth upgrading.

Especially as many became obsolete once you became a jedi.

Ranged weapons were underpowered.

Friendly AI (scripts) were non-existant.

Attributes were unbalanced (dexterity being useful for almost everything).

It was very combat heavy, and combat tended to involve pausing every few seconds to sort out your party.

Swoop racing was disappointing.

I actually stopped playing it after an evening as it seemed really average and uninteresting.

Then I restarted playing it and got absolutely hooked. While a lot of the underlying gameplay is a bit dodgy, they have completely captured the "feel" of the starwars universe. The worlds and characters they created were completely believable and cool. The way the plot evolved and the freedom (or at least perception of freedom) to go through it as you pleased was awesome. The dialogue options were great.

The twist was excellent too. :D

That said, I hear that KOTOR2 makes very few changes to the original, and is basically just a new stroyline in the same game engine. Which is a shame.

A few minor (or major) tweaks to the underlying game/balance would have taken this from a great game to an all time classic.

Making skills useful, balancing the classes (mainly the skill heavy classes) and giving AI scripts that allowed party members to use ranged weapons without babysitting would have made the game almost perfect.

Adding a space hulk style "command time" mechanic would have improved combat a lot too, but then i have been saying that about loads of games for years and no one ever listens :rolleyes::D

So, i'm looking forward to it, but going to wait a while as i don't want to get burnt out on too much of the same thing.

Originally posted by Sivy

yes, i'm very excited about kotor 2.

kotor 1 IMO is the best game ever, so kotor 2 has got a hard act to follow.

i'm trying not to read anything about it because i don't want to have any preconceptions about it before playing.

I'm with you, Sivy.

I'm very much looking forward to KotOR 2, as KotOR is definitely a fave of mine as well.

A favorite KotOR moment ... take Mission & Bastilla on Tatooine, and walk towards the Anchorhead exit near where you pick up HK-47, where Mission asks Bastilla if she ever used the force to tweak anyone ... Bastilla puts it off, but Mission won't drop it ... then she trips :D

Mike

Gabe says:

Well a game finally came out that was able to pull me away form World of Warcraft. KOTOR II wasn’t able to do it, even MechAssault 2 couldn’t hold my interest for more than a couple minutes. I had actually given up and resigned myself to the fact that WOW was the only game I’d ever play again. Then I picked up Resident Evil 4 yesterday and it got a ****ing grip on me. Sweet Christ this game is incredible. I had planned on grabbing level 30 last night but I just couldn’t pull myself away from RE. It’s like it broke some kind of spell or something. At least now I’ll have something to do today while the WOW servers are down.

Which i am going to use as a cheap excuse to plug my Resident evil thread that NO ONE CARES ABOUT... :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142565

:p

Archived