Home

Can't wait to see a demo

It'd be great if PS could buck the current trend of releasing a demo months after the game is out.

The most extreme example of this madness is Republic: The Revolution. Elixir released a demo a few weeks ago. About a year after the game came out.

Hee! Jesus, that's bad. You're right though, loads of companies seem to be doing it. I'd imagine it's because a demo can potentially bludgeon a game's success though, since if people try it and dislike it, they won't bother getting the full game.

A common strategy seems to be allowing most people to go and buy it, and once everyone who's going to get it without trying it first has done so, they'll release the demo. Sneaky, but it works.

Demo's really can sell a game - I was decidedly uninterested in Metal Gear Solid until, bored one evening, I slipped the massive demo that came in the OPM magazine into my Playstation... an hour or so (and multiple-replays) I preordered one of the greatest games I've ever played.

The Xbox demo should be done soon. The game is amazing, just amazing. I'm so happy majesco got this game so that I could be lucky enough to test this game for the many months it's been. It's almost over, and I'm still looking forward to release so I can stop looking for bugs, and truly enjoy this game. The hours of gameplay are insane!!! I've been on it for months, and I'm still finding something new every time I turn it on. This is a must have!

Oho, a testimonial. Or perhaps a testermonial. Tester testimonial?

Anyway, excellent! An early (or simultaneous) Xbox demo release will definitely help the game out a lot, especially considering how the Xbox is pretty much dominating the console market at the moment. A PC version would also of course be helpful, but focusing on the console market is definitely wise.

Hours and hours of gameplay, you say? The sheer level of depth to the game shown so far is extremely impressive, and is definitely something that'll be a nice recall to my adventure gaming days where I would sit clicking and studying every last pixel on the screen for anything new. I'm a sucker for detail, and Psychonauts looks like it won't disappoint. Bullet reels and dogtags for plants? Simply awesome.

I was speaking with Jake the other day about just how brilliant the art direction is. Psychonauts just goes above and beyond what any other game has on the artistic wavelength. I mean, you can look at a small screen capture of the sky on any level, and almost immediately recognise it. In any other game, the sky would just be a generic colour/clouds/sun job. Looking at the header of this forum -- anybody who's played or looked at plenty of Psychonauts images would instantly recognise it as within Sasha's brain. Everything is just so distinctive.

I love Tim Schafer, and I love Double Fine. This has been my most anticipated game since Grim Fandango. Roll on April!

I'm skipping the demo. Much like I'm skipping those cutscenes you can download. I figure the least I know about the game the more of a false image I'll create out of it and be blasted away once I pop it into my 'box. I've already probably failed at doing that since I've been reading about it nonstop for two and a half years. It will be so surreal to actually hold the game in my hands.

It is much like acheiving omniscience except instead of knowledge it is going to be coolness and bubbly fun.

Archived