Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

Is it just me, or is the site not working?

Maybe I missed something? :confused:

But when I click on the linky it tells me that the webpage cannot be displayed.

(The screenies I've seen in this thread look really great though! ^^)

It's working fine for me; http://www.team-gizka.org/wip.html

In caseu you haven't seen it; here was the mother of all TG trailers;

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, well the trailer is there from December 06...

EDIT: Wait... The current built version is 1.0b10. So after they finish this version the next version will be 1.0c1. Right? And version 1.0c1 will be released. Right? COOL!!!!

I don't think that's quite true; all the content has been implemented, all the bugs are there. It's just a case of identifying and dealing with them now. New ones might crop up, but it's not the new build that's causing them, per se. The changes in 1.08b -> 1.09b -> 1.10b hae been straight bugfixing.

I don't think that's quite true; all the content has been implemented, all the bugs are there. It's just a case of identifying and dealing with them now. New ones might crop up, but it's not the new build that's causing them, per se. The changes in 1.08b -> 1.09b -> 1.10b hae been straight bugfixing.

Are you on the team? No. Someone on the team said that with each new build, there are new bugs to fix. It was OstermanA, a mod at TG Forums, and a Beta Tester. I'm sure other beta members would like to clarify.

Welcome to the forums. This is mostly true... there are new bugs that are found as the testing continues - either case specific bugs that don't appear all the time or bugs that were missed, etc. So all of the bugs exist, but some are just being found. That sounds like it's what you were saying, yes?

Are you on the team? No. Someone on the team said that with each new build, there are new bugs to fix. It was OstermanA, a mod at TG Forums, and a Beta Tester. I'm sure other beta members would like to clarify.

Wow, cut the guy some slack. He's new, first of all, and he's pretty much right, second of all.

Read closely what he's saying and you'll see the truth in his statement.

_EW_

Didn't OstermanA get kicked off the beta team since the leak? If so, he can't tell if 1.0b9 or 1.0b10 brought new bugs.

Anyway, don't quote, think by yourself.

Waw, a leak. To be honest, I was hoping for a leak a couple of months ago when I gave up on the TG project. Now that it has happened, I still have my doubts. I felt like replaying either KOTOR 1 or 2 anyways. Beta or not, it can hardly be as bad as KoTOR 2 retail.

It's not my place to say they had to see it coming. I was definitely not pleased on how the eager fans were kept in the dark. All I wish for now is that both sides make the best of this thing: interest has woken up again - people that would rather want it now than wait another few years get what they desire. Up until now the TG project seemed always like a ghost.

I'm going to wait a little bit and see how things turn out. If we're kept in the same dark again I'm firing up those discs.

Didn't OstermanA get kicked off the beta team since the leak? If so, he can't tell if 1.0b9 or 1.0b10 brought new bugs.

Anyway, don't quote, think by yourself.

I don't believe so Osterman A was kicked off the team no... and as for knowning when there are bugs, you just need to check the progress page for that, which is down to ten in 1.0b10.

The mod's been played through a lot my various team members, including those who used to be on the beta team... I think we've got most of them, but there could be a few that'll still pop up.

OstermanA is still working with the crew, as am I and Malpense and most of our testers, especially Darth Windu and Miltiades, and most especially Lord of Beta Testing, Wildstorm.

To reiterate some sound posts from the recent activity:

1 - The build number and the completion of the mod are mutually exclusive, with the exception of a build number ending in "c" - which you can read as "complete".

2 - The progress is steaming along, regardless of outside activities.

3 - The bug count may still increase, as we are still testing, when we can. It is a labor of love, but also a volunteer team that have real lives. If you cannot relate to this, ask your mother to tuck you in tonite.

4 - Not all of the content is fully implemented as of yet - mostly feature issues, that are not truly bugs. So, it is correct to say that most of the content is implemented, but a step too far to say all.

5 - It will be done when it's done!

I've been asked I think three times now I think to release the beta, it's actually quite funny. I shouldn't have deleted the messages, because they were hilarious. People are so desperate!

...not to say I wouldn't be if I wasn't part of the beta.

• 3 weeks later...
4 bugs on the counter!

Very exciting :D

_EW_

Don't get your hopes up just yet, EW.

The remaining bug count is NOT a countdown to release.

:carms:

But even with that statement, its still kinda exciting (to me, it was exciting whenever they fix a bug. It just means its 1 bug less to a bug free TSL the fan-base always wanted.)

It may not be a countdown to the realease, but as the bug count starts getting very low like it is now, it sure as hell means the release is getting a hell of a lot closer.

Yes, but there may be bugs the Beta Testers might not find in one play through, so that when they play it again, another bug may pop up on the mantis. Or when they progress to a new build, they may find another Major, Crash, or Block bug, meaning a lot of time is put in to fix that bug.

I'm not here to crash everyone's dreams, but rather, to bring them back to earth. Meh.

Archived