• other plz specify
    • AOL
    • Maxthon
    • Opera
    • Mozilla

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIAYD enjoys intelligent constructive conversation, and like me I'm sure he gets annoyed when people post out of ignorance and try to sell it as truth.

I don't advertise things and don't bash people who don't use what I use.

LIAYD has'nt attacked you, she is pointing out the way YOUR actions come across to him (and some of the rest of us!).

Why are you people all wound up about me posting that SENTENCE, it was STUPID and completely useless {Puls, I deleted it}.

From what I have read, it seems like you dont want to try firefox in the firstplace simply because RTG might have been (IYO) a little fanatical about the advertising. As LIAYD ( I think.....was it somone else? I cant remeber just now) touched on earlier, if you did your home-work you would know that IE has known security risks that Firefox does'nt.

So? I didn't say that Fire Fox was bad or something, I just said that I like IE and I don't need anything else.

No one is trying to shove firefox down your throat, its just hard to respect somone who purposely shoots themselves in the foot.

* Smiles... *

So I am strange? You have just made my day. :)

If you were sick and every one told you to drink lots of fluids, would you drink nothing simply because everyone said to do the oppisite?

That's different, IE doesn't have affect on my life.

I have not once seen you provide a valid, intelligent argument as to why you SHOULDNT swich. When asked direct questions about your motivations you completely avoid answering.

It's because I have at least SOME sence of HONOR. That if someone wants to change my way of life that I stand up to defend that. If my way of life endangered ANYONE, I would as quickly as possible change it according to sugestions of others. If it doesn't endanger anyone that's fine by me. So I have a RIGHT to do with my life as I please and THAT is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Plus, If everyone goes on with my way of life, then IT'S NOT YOUR PLACE TO ARGUMENT ME TO CHANGE IT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

Instead, you choose to accuse her of wanting you banned, or campare her to a child.

That is not my argument. That is just my way to try to see his motives for bashing me over a STUPID INTERNET EXPLORER. It has to do with a story that involved a conflict between me and him, which ended up with me being banned and him to get insulted. Not a happy memory (I don't hold a grudge against him, because that was ENTIERLY my fault, but I think that he holds a grudge against me).

I dont think LIAYD or anyone else here wants you banned, or wants you to go away necesarily.

A lot of evidence sugest otherwise.

BTW does your brother seriously maul on your leg? does he even bite off a chunk? That's so gross man.

Yes. He bites my hand, pulls my hair, hits me in the head and kicks me in the knee.

@CaptainSkye.... "angry nudging" :stick: I dont think anyone here is actually ANGRY. Why are you defending him anyway? I didnt think his argument was all that constructive.

Vlad has a right to his opinion, though he doesn't seem to be doing a good job getting it across. All of this con-IE energy is coming off as hostile. It's very blatant.

@lukeiamyourdad

The quote you wrote, was in fact meant to be a dumb JOKE (stuipd stink joke which is a crappy gig). Eessh!

Give me a break already. What the heck did I do now?

You need to remember that jokes, especially sarcasm, do not always translate in the written word. Try using smilies if what you write is ment to be a joke.

If you wanted me to leave for good you could have just made a poll where it says: "Who should leave or be banned?" and add me to the list and that they all vote that I should leave. Perhaps then I might leave, I'm may be a weak, spoiled, arrogant, irrational, useless, idiotic, ignorant, uneducated, over-reacting, lazy, pompous piece of s**t trash; but at least I try not to be!

So gather arguments for about... 3 minutes and you'll have enough arguments to kill me; I won't hold a grudge against you if you try to or do kill me, it would be a great relief to me if you could end my life; I didn't have the courage to do it myself so I figure that you could do that for me.

Please stop with the "should I leave/I'm dumb/kill me" comments. It is way over the top and unnecessary. Everyone is welcome to contribute, and not everyone is going to agree. Making such statements has no place on these boards. Thank you.

Back on topic:

I WON'T turn to any other Explorer until someone gives me a CHOISE!

This whole thread is about the options you have.

It's because I have at least SOME sence of HONOR. That if someone wants to change my way of life that I stand up to defend that. If my way of life endangered ANYONE, I would as quickly as possible change it according to sugestions of others. If it doesn't endanger anyone that's fine by me.

Actually, you are endangering other people. Worms that get through to you because of IE could spread to other computers via yours.

Fuu- Let's just forget about the whole thing >_> It never happened. Ever. *minds trick everyone who read that part of the thread

Oh, and just to see, how old are you actually? Just out of curiosity.

nope I personally use Avast as my AV programm with has onacces protection and scans all incomeing and out going traffic including downloads and automatic downloads

why just yesterday it SAVED MY ASS from a trojan that was in a plugin that was part of someones website

^^^

If you installed the software for your keyboard, you should be able to set Firefox as the browser. It dosen't do it automatically. I have a logitech media keyboard and I was able to set Firefox as the "Home" key.

Okay, it let me set it as my Home key, but nothing else works. Most of my other keys are set up to bring up a web page (which should launch my default web browser), but they don't work when I have Firefox as default.

@MdK, are you using Win XP?

if so you can go to the start button > click control panel > add and remove programs > and on the left side of the window at the bottom > Set programs access and defaults,

this will allow you to set the default web browser and other things that you can access via your keyboard... for firefox, look under custom...

nope I personally use Avast as my AV programm with has onacces protection and scans all incomeing and out going traffic including downloads and automatic downloads

So does McAfee Virus-Scan...

I wonder if using more then one anti-virus app would be worth while, or just cause conflicts?

For a while I had two firewalls on my pc, ZoneAlarm and McAfee's Firewall, everyonce in a while one would let something slip by that the other one caught and visa-versa... but it was hard to keep track, so i kept the one that caught more (McAfee Firewall) and removed the other (ZoneAlarm)...

@TheOssusKeeper

Thank you. :)

you're welcome...

I just downloaded Opera, they have a new version that just came out yesterday, version 8.50... I'm giving it a try out, and so far it seems to be a pretty good browser... it doesn't seem to be a memory hog like firefox, but this doesn't mean i will stop using firefox, it's just cool...

@MdK, are you using Win XP?

if so you can go to the start button > click control panel > add and remove programs > and on the left side of the window at the bottom > Set programs access and defaults,

this will allow you to set the default web browser and other things that you can access via your keyboard... for firefox, look under custom...

I did as you said...it still doesn't work. I guess there must be something wrong with the way that the Logitec software recognizes web browsers.

I did as you said...it still doesn't work. I guess there must be something wrong with the way that the Logitec software recognizes web browsers.

You should try tk102's Keytweak It's excellent keyboard remapper - I used it to invert the i with the 1 and the o with the 0 on my secretary's keyboard once :dev11: - apart that, I use it to avoid typos when I switch language parameters on my keyboard as I work in different languages.

Archived