• other plz specify
    • AOL
    • Maxthon
    • Opera
    • Mozilla

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use firefox mobile or whatever-it's-called at work so as to get around filters. It's rather good.

You must tell me more. My father had put up a filter on my internet for no reason, and I can't get past it because it's on his laptop and then set for the whole network. It blocks **** it shouldn't even be blocking.

I'm currently using Mozilla Firefox v1.0.7. I'm thinking about upgrading to 1.5, but I'm a bit unsure if it will cause any problems (or if there is anything to gain from upgrading other than bugfixes).

Do anyone know if the AdBlock extension still work without any problems with Firefox v1.5? I've gotten so used to irritation-free browsing that I can't upgrade Firefox if it will no longer work. :)

The Adblock extentions work fine. I think you will be prompted to upgrade them, but they will still work.

Flashblock still works too, btw. (also needs upgrade)

Its been out long enough that most of the major extentions have been upgraded. So, no worries about going v1.5!

woot found this awsome extention for firefox that contains a ton of smileys

clicky clicky

nana.gif

Hey thats pretty 62a82059.gif.

And they have Lions!1046529126dsd.gif

Do anyone know if the AdBlock extension still work without any problems with Firefox v1.5? I've gotten so used to irritation-free browsing that I can't upgrade Firefox if it will no longer work. :)

yes adblock still works and I love it

flash 8.0 has a quirk with it though you have to de-select object tags for it to work

I'm currently using Mozilla Firefox v1.0.7. I'm thinking about upgrading to 1.5, but I'm a bit unsure if it will cause any problems (or if there is anything to gain from upgrading other than bugfixes).

I'm using 1.5 and have the latest adblock with flash block, and i've had no trouble, been using it for a couple months now...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I normally use Firefox, but right now I'm using the Internet Explorer 7 beta, so far so good, no pop ups, or anything tabbed browsing works nice, looks like they basically took a page out of Firefoxes book. Oh well still good.

Edit:Only thing I've noticed so far is it is still a bit slower than firefox, not sure if that's because it's in the beta stage or if that's just the way IE 7 is.

Internet Explorer. Damn straight.

Spyware my ass.

you get to wear on of these then

406bgNavy.jpg

here is something you should do

run spybot search and distroy

run adaware 1.06 SE

and run MS antispyware beta 1 (they finally did something right)

you shall see how wrong you are :xp:

I voted Netscape, but I am about to download Firefox and try it out. I have Netscape 7.2 and tried the new version 8 and didn't like it. IMHO, the best browser was Netscape Communicator 4.02, but you can't get that anymore (and it is probably so out of date that most of the new technology would just bog it down). Since Firefox is being produced by the people that made that, I will give it a good try. Any opinions about using Thunderbird alongside it for e-mail?

This is about 4 months late, however...

Netscape Communicator 4.02!

IE makes my avatar look like poo :(

You'd think the browser with a 95% stranglehold on the market would have enough sense to be able to make .png transparencies work... you know .png's.. an Internet Standard. Firefox got it right on the first try.. what's holding up IE? :rolleyes:

IE makes my avatar look like poo :(

You'd think the browser with a 95% stranglehold on the market would have enough sense to be able to make .png transparencies work... you know .png's.. an Internet Standard. Firefox got it right on the first try.. what's holding up IE? :rolleyes:

*coughfirefoxholds10%cough*

• 1 year later...

Archived