Home

Mod Requests Thread (#5)

T7nowhere

~

I'm just curious...

Is it possible to tie the influence to the percent of experience you get for each NPC?

EX:

Mira has 100% influence with the Exile so she would gain 100% of the experience the Exile does.

Atton has 50% influence with the Exile so he would gain 80% (standard) of the experience the Exile does.

Kreia has 0% influence with the Exile so she would gain 60% of the experience the Exile does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

~

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
~

Is it possible to tie the influence to the percent of experience you get for each NPC?

It is theoretically possible but not very feasible to do so, since you can't modify the game's normal XP system AFAIK. You'd need to turn off the game's normal XP awarding functionality and script your own XP award system.

While it's technically possible to do so it is an insane amount of work, since you'd need to modify each and every module in the game to turn off the base XP system, and edit all scripts where XP is handed out.

Too much work for little gain if you ask me. :)

The amount of XP that is handed out by the built in XP system to individual characters is set in the npc.2da file. This file links together a creature tag with the percentage XP they are awarded whenever the party receives experience. This percentage can't be modified through the NWScript scripting language.

I would like a mod where you can go online and fight,talk,and hang out with other players

who play star wars kotor and tsl cause i want to meet new ppl and kill em tooo. PS make it so only item cheats are allowed.

That's impossible. Even if it was possible, I doubt anyone would do it, since it would probably require a lot of work.

ok i am asking for a mod or fix or anything to ''fix'' the weird-block-type glow around the lightsaber i asked around and i am sure its not my graphic card many people are having this ''problem'' (lets call it) coz i ahve seen in movies review the glow around the lightsabers are much more brighter and they are not blocky so plz any 1 out there can help me.?

ok i am asking for a mod or fix or anything to ''fix'' the weird-block-type glow around the lightsaber i asked around and i am sure its not my graphic card many people are having this ''problem'' (lets call it) coz i ahve seen in movies review the glow around the lightsabers are much more brighter and they are not blocky so plz any 1 out there can help me.?

You mean the glow around the saber right? If that's what you mean extract the lightsaber textures with KotOR tool and erase or blend some of the "glow effect". It's the color around the core. The farther out the colour the bigger the "block" around the blade.

ok here is 1 its not exactly mine i coulnd fint my pic but this will do if u see in the lightsaber its kind of a i dont know a blocky or rectangular type http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img207&image=image181kp.png

if theres any thing u can can do to help would be much apreciated thank u.

I'm not positive but I think that is a graphics card issure or perhaps that is the way the modder made it.

or I could be a texture thing becuase I don't get that at all

I've found some modded sabers glow to be way to hard edged in their gradient shading. I like the faint look better myself. BUT we should probably stop chattin' and such before ole' ChAiNz or Darth333 puts a slap on us since it is the stickied mod request thread ;)

MOD REQUEST??? 4 ChAinZ.2da

Hey ChAinZ how about in the next booster (if any) the option to turn GOD mod on and off??? I think that would be a good add on :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

I'm not positive but I think that is a graphics card issure or perhaps that is the way the modder made it.

or I could be a texture thing becuase I don't get that at all

no its not a moded lightsaber and its not a graphic issue many other players have this wierd glow around it coz if u go to gamespot and look for the movie reviews of this game u will see that the glow around them its fantastic and i have not seen 1 picture of a lightsaber from KOTOR 1 and 2 that the glows are normal

I have a small request for Redhawke. I know you made the Mission short shorts skin and it looks good but there has always been one thing that bothered me. Mission's underwear covers more of her than her clothes. That looks just wierd. If you could give Mission you two piece scoundrel underwear or something similar that would make a whole lot more sense.

This isn't really a "mod request" but I will post it here as it is a "request" that I think would be INVALUABLE to modders here at Holowan. :D

How about a stickied thread that lists in detail "reservation OR used" item numbers???

In line with say lightsabers. USM takes up a vast majority of the number allowed sabers right so how about a thread that lists from beyond the standard sabers up to the end of the allowed number?

The idea being a new modder could log into that thread then and see Maverick87 takes up so many numbers already, RehHawke takes up some, T7Nowhere some, ChAiNz some, etc.

They could then PM a moderator or the like with a request to take up a number. Then when MORE than one takes up a number (say Mav's takes up 096 and mine does too they'd both be listed for that slot. :D

Just a thought, figured it would be a good idea, so thought I'd run it by others :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

Svosh, your death mask is really awesome... good job :thumbsup: but i was wondering if you could and would make two new masks for me using these 2 heads (sith assassin masks) 125 and 132 from the heads.2da file, please :D

He doesn't have the time. ;) But however, you could make an item that disguises you into appearance lines using those heads, and make it a helmet.

I would like a mod where you can go online and fight,talk,and hang out with other players who play star wars kotor and tsl cause i want to meet new ppl and kill em tooo. PS make it so only item cheats are allowed.

That's impossible. Even if it was possible, I doubt anyone would do it, since it would probably require a lot of work.

Actualy, it's not that hard at all. Just take too much cash to your local small mart or game shop and buy star wars galaxies. Lame compared to KOTOR, but still better than most MMORPGs.

:lsduel:

Okay. For awhile now, I've been wanting, myself, to make a mod (obviously I'm not if I'm posting here) where it "fixes" that thing with Atton and Mira. Whats that "thing" you ask. Well, since you asked so nicely. You know how Atton and Mira come with their own clothing (Attons Ribbed Vest and Miras Ballistic Jacket) well, when you unqequip them, they are still there. Which makes no sense. So, I was thinking of replacing their clothing with ones without the vest and jacket, while the ballistic jacket and vest are the normal ones. I would do it myself, but I was looking at the skin and couldn't tell left from right.

i would like to see a more violent rendition of the game

something more along the lines of a "movie game" rather than rpg choose your story...

but besides that i would also like to see it more combat oriented

Rather than just roleplaying dice rolls... 20 dmg to a 300 health character is not exciting enough for me

what do i mean?

for people who know what they are doing with the modding...

you should go in there and make the light sabers have two classes of attack

skin slashes or flesh wounds, and deadly kills such as the typical swipe of a light saber

the skin slashes are the resulting character saving throws for quick foes like elite assassins and force users (jango fett and/or jedi combatants)... as long as you have energy you can make these saving throws...

the deadly kills are the single swipes used against stupid droids and foolishly weak gunners who are low level and have spent their energy spamming stupid fire

there are also COMBAT misses/dodges and parry/blocks

but this is all the grand epic duels stuff

(the duels are pretty hard either way as more dmg means quicker loss... but less dmg means a long ass boring duel that doesn't mean anything... i beat malak myself by luring him to a locking platform area, throwing adhesive grenade and spamming him with thermal detonators)

my problem is the MONTAGE FIGHTS where the jedi run through the base and beat the crap out of the underlings.... we need a montage... WE NEED A MONTAGE!

speed through those guys and make more dueling.. that would make more of a dramatic scene

but what about the soldiers?

obviously also the blasters must be made more deadly, as well as the grenades

(this would seem unbalanced at first, but once force, armor, shields and stealth are properly alligned... it will all make more sense... acquiring proper gear, and gaining surprising first strikes against your foes will be consequential for every battle or skirmish)

however as you grow with the force and acquire special constant effects

like "force speed" or "force resistance" you begin to ignore or negate the blasters being shot at you to a missing point or enjoy not feeling the energy dmg for 0 points

(like speedy quigon or the invincible vader)

meanwhile yoda himself can absorb deadly magiks and attacks and turn them into life

you will see the quick jedi gut the droid guards like fish as they run past the shots

of course the blaster reflection is deadly as well... "just like in the movies"

also things must also be made to compensate for the fact that droids and humanoids are falling or dropping like flies

*blasters must shoot faster if they are automatic weapons

*the force power must be regenerated quicker to allow for a constant assault of force

*health and force power must quickly refresh after combat, if you survive then you are not dead... no point and standing around waiting to recover your energy for the next group of guards

*addition of force powers to unleash grenades or mines in the hands of their enemies, nearby foes, preemptive destroying of traps and forceful opening of doors

*finally, force dominance must be more prevalent... such as a grand master beating a master with drain life, a master beating a knight with lighting, a knight beating a padawan with the light saber... but unique feats which allow for a hero to ignore the typical deadly onslaught... also the "dodges", "force absorption" and "light saber reflect" would come in handy here too... the player would have to play defensively against a SUPER BOSS and wait for the proper moment to strike... such as when the boss grows weary and assumes the form of wounded/smoking from lighting (out of force mana temporarily) or perhaps the socalled power duel of two youths attempting to slay an elder, or a surprise slaying with a sithly sneak attack

*things like medipacks and repair kits are used on demand but limited to PERSONAL INVENTORY

*PERSONAL INVENTORY must be implemented to each character as i didn't like carrying of 50 sets of armor... 10 lightsabers, 200 grenades, ON THE OTHER HAND maybe the droids can carry an inventory stash as well...

*the whole hacking repair thing must be limited to maybe 1 splice/tunnerler per entire hack as that point of the game is a little retarded (put in more word clues in the datapads and more math difficulty puzzle games as those are more exceptable ways of hacking the base security grids)

*shields should be permanent (not use based) but breakable by lightsabers/critical melee attacks or disabling with new force attacks

*rework the opening of blast doors to appear like he's jabbing into the door like quigon/obiwan did against the japanese fish guys spaceship

*a single slice against small lockers as the light saber is powerful enough to cut through them

*a power blow which breaks through the weakest of weaved melee weapons... and destroys blasters/disarms grenadiers

*possible beheading, dismemberment or disemboweling

*you guys are modding the equipment which is nice

but what should be included is some way to link pieces together

or redo the entire inventory equipping screen (PERSONAL INVENTORY) of course

have - helmet, eyepiece, nosepiece, mouthpiece, earpiece

torso armor/chest plate

gauntlets/rings

dexterity gloves

for example: the respirator looks really stupid all by itself sitting on your nose

and the vacuum visor doesn't have a back to it so you see the back of your head...

hardly containing is it?

also

a uniform or disguise... NPCS should react to me differently as to what i'm wearing

if i have a mandalorian armor they should fear me, if i have sith robes they should either serve or attempt to kill me, if i have jedi robes i can possibly infiltrate the jedi's trust to commit assassinations

these disguises are typically robes, capes or special crests to denote NPC importance

i've got more stuff... but why not just make a new game...

KOTOR was alright, much better than star wars galaxies,

the art was great but i own a radeon 9800 pro... (so that was fun fixing)

and the story was a nice twist as you yourself were your own enemy

perhaps more delving into how you were/are fighting yourself both ways like fight club

the voices were excellent

i liked bastilla, the evil droid, the mandalorian

the evil jedi juhani was kinda lameish with her long speeches of pain and sorrow

mission and zalbar had a good beginning but mission never becomes a womanly warrior

she's always a little... you know what #$%&... (she and zalbar died to me sadly)

the dumbass sith wannabes were funny but lame

the sith academy leader was pretty good with his vocals however

perhaps more thievery missions for mission

more racial anger for zalbar

juhani needs to walk the thin line of good and evil more, with temptation/lust/greed etc

ordo needs to kick more ass as he sat in my spaceship too much.. haha

FINALLY carth needs to stop bothering me...

carth would like to speak to you now...

carth looks concerned...

carth is looking at your breasts...

carth wants to leave the group but doesn't know how...

how about more party members? - more to a group (3 is not enough) and more custom

special plot party members - droids for droid levels, wookie for wookie action, etc

being dramatic is probably more important than being free in this case

because i can go play galaxies and be free to put 10 rancors in my basement or mine a million billion minerals and sell blaster rifles for 1000 credits a pop

random NPC exploitation - such as guards of the republic join your group as cannon fodder

well... sorry about the long anal list

but i liked this game so much... that

I WANT TO DESTROY IT WITH THE DARK SIDE OF VIDEO GAMING

KILL KILL KILL

BLOW EVERYTHING UP

have a final scene of revan blowing up every world she visited, including that loser rodian at davin... while he's on the toilet or something

of course these final tribute cannonshots would ruin the canon.. haha

*end of transmission*

Archived