Home

Did Mace Windu really die?

Konar

What was the Jedi Master's fate?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What was the Jedi Master's fate?

• Mace Windu manages to save himself, just like Obi-Wan did in his fight against Jango Fett [Explain]
    • Mace Windu falls from the sky to his thunderous doom below [Explain]

The last we saw of the Jedi Master, he had his arm chopped off and was shot off a Coruscanian balcony by force lightning into the abyss below. What happens then. Does he,

a) Land on a balcony and safely get recovered by medical droids afterwards

or

b) Fall to his doom

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lynk Former

He dies. The End.

Thats just about all that really needs to be said. But for the advantage of any doubters, it would make no sense for him to survive. If you follow the scenario, it goes something like this: he gets force lightninged, thrown out a window, manages to land safely, then 1) chooses not to warn anyone else that Palpatine and Anakin are up to no good, 2) manages to hide his presence from the two of the most powerful guys in the galaxy, 3) not try to meet up with anyone like Bail Organa or Obi-Wan or Yoda 4) hides in the bowels of Coruscant for the rest of his days, never making any attempt to contact Yoda or Obi-Wan, or seek out the alliance, or at least make some efforts against the Empire. It makes absolutely zero sense for such a thing to happen.

Originally posted by Squee-sithguy

Did mace windu die in ep3? Hmm, lets think back to the original trilogy...

Did Boba fett die in ep6?

So just like before, its left to our imaginations.

No, because Lucas has specifically stated Windu dies. Sam Jackson has specifically stated his character dies. There is nothing to discuss.

I thought Mace was quite arrogant in Ep3. I think the masters were all aware of anakins potential to fall to darkness, and their "put up or shut up" treatment of him just accelerated the whole process...

examples

Mace "Take a seat, Young Skywalker !"

ok, anakin was being a jackass, whining about how he wasnt prmoted to master, talking to him like a 5yo in front of the rest of the council isnt likely to make him feel any more at ease...

Mace : "If this turns out to be true, then you will have earned my trust"

might as well have said, "I think you're a liar and dont trust you"

If anakin was truly evil and arrogant, he wouldnt have bothered telling Mace about Sidious confession. The poor guy tried to do the right thing and got dissed for it...

I agree with anakin on one point, the jedi did truly betray him.... obi admits as much during the final duel ...

"I have failed you anakin"

It was really interesting to read about this in the prequel novel, "Labyrinth of Evil" Anakin was truly 'crying for help' with alot of the things he said to obi wan, describing his darker emotions, which feed of the pain in his life... obi wan felt like he had truly let him down, because rather than offering him counsel he was regurgitating jedi rhetoric...

interesting stuff.

but yes, I definitely hope Mace stays dead, even in EU :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I thought Mace was quite arrogant in Ep3. I think the masters were all aware of anakins potential to fall to darkness, and their "put up or shut up" treatment of him just accelerated the whole process...

examples

Mace "Sit down Skywalker !"

ok, anakin was being a jackass, whining about how he wasnt prmoted to master, talking to him like a 5yo in front of the rest of the council isnt likely to make him feel any more at ease...

If anakin was truly evil and arrogant, he wouldnt have bothered telling Mace about Sidious confession. The poor guy tried to do the right thing and got dissed for it...

I agree with anakin on one point, the jedi did truly betray him.... obi admits as much during the final duel ...

It was really interesting to read about this in the prequel novel, "Labyrinth of Evil" Anakin was truly 'crying for help' with alot of the things he said to obi wan, describing his darker emotions, which feed of the pain in his life... obi wan felt like he had truly let him down, because rather than offering him counsel he was regurgitating jedi rhetoric...

interesting stuff.

mtfbwya

That was the idea though. To make the Jedi seem more arrogant to us and Anakin who starts to have real doubts about them.

It was kind of obvious that Windu died, I mean he got shocked by about a million volts of force lightning and then was thrown out a window. Its a stupid question to ask really. In the end its

BYE BYE WINDU! :mace:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

examples

Mace "Take a seat, Young Skywalker !"

interesting stuff.

mtfbwya

True, but I think Anakin is more arrogant than all of them. In Episode 2 it is made clear that "his abilities have made him... well arrogant". It is just the same in RotS.

I perfectly understand the way Windu acts in front of him. For my part, if I were in the same position, I would not trust him either. And hey, Mace turned to be right at the end. Anakin was definitely not to be trusted.

He's dead!

I can see no logical argument.

If he mangaged to grab something on the fall (kinda like Luke in ESB), he would have no way to get down other that drop down and die.

If he managed to survive the fall somehow, then why did he not contact someone?

If he went straight into hiding and did not tell anyone, then where did he go and how did he get there? if someone helped him, im sure that people would find out.

He's dead.

He's deceased

He's kicked the bucket

He's six feet under

He's gone to a better place

He's gone!!!!

(That isnt spam! It's working for my free post)

Hes gone, nothing more to say. But for goodness sake Mace got thrown out of the window fell very far down, not to mention all the obsticals that could have gotten in his way before he hit the ground. So if he hit a ship 5 seconds after he was pushed out the window, broken neck, back, you name it right there. So he is very, very screwed.

Archived