Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

HAHA I LOVE Bobobobobobobobo (I dont even bother trying to get the right amount bo's in it). Its sooooooooo stupid its funny. Its a DBZ parody, which is why its such an insta-win. ^_^ I cant stand DBZ anything... >_>

However because there was a 5 month gap between the last post.. I'm sorry but this isn't really a "Sticky" type thread.

*sniffle*

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:headbump REVAN!!!!!! :headbump

I thought this thread was finally dead! R.t.G. had to go resurrect a 6 month old thread! If I was to go resurrecting again, I'd get banned! Favoritism I say!

I've been hitting anime hard lately

I still have more to watch yet like

Bleach

Ichigo 100%

Elfin lied (screw it if I spelt it wrong)

fate/stay

more but my list just went poof out of my head

However because there was a 5 month gap between the last post.. I'm sorry but this isn't really a "Sticky" type thread. While this post renewed the discussion in this case, please take more care in keeping the last post date in to mind before performing "necromancy"... (please)

well considering this is the second such thread created about anime and its fans. I think it would be more advantageous to resurrect this thread than to create yet another clone.

When compared to Animes like Ghost in the Shell and Fist of the North Star "Full Metal Alchemist is like a Kiddy Anime meaning the animation isn't as in depth as the adult Animes are and they change the character's entire face to show emotion instead of showing their emotion with real face. Here's Alphonse regular face from "Full Metal Alchemist" and this is what it looks like when he's blushing. InuYasha does much of the same as "Full Metal" and Pokemon and Yugi-Oh, I have yet to see an episode of scryed that does the same. But like I said it's one of my favorite animes either way.

When Ghost in the Shell was in its first season, I couldn't get enough of the show. Now, the second season is too serious and political. I do have the commend them for the attention to detail. Some of the season two stuff really pops out.

I've only seen a few episodes but what I saw of it I liked.

sortly after that Cartoon network took it off the air. X_x

I've only seen a few episodes but what I saw of it I liked.

sortly after that Cartoon network took it off the air. X_x

The series was getting very political. I only have the first 12 episodes to season two. I do like what I had seen, but the politics keeps getting in the way. The 'Individual 11' mirrors the 'Laughing Man', but I think the writters are trying too hard. They allready have my vote, but they should relax and enjoy the ride.

Season One rocked. I enjoyed the 'Laughing Man' storyline. It was a great escape. Even though the final episode was filled with deep dialouge, I enjoyed the run of the season. The season had some politics to it, but it was geared towards Sociology and Philosophy.

LOL Fullmetal Alchemist = Kiddy? XD This reminds me of the whole Nintendo is kiddy arguement.

I would also like to point out that Dragonball is for a broad audience too, remember that anime is very old. Dragonball Z to GT on the other hand was aimed more towards kids... strange as it sounds, that's actually how it is.

http://forums.thecrisiscenter.net/

2nd Gig is definately not as good as the 1st and now there's rumous of a third one (after the movie they're making) which I really don't want since it's been going downhill from the first SAC.

ok Anime I just finished watching and my opinons on them

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - good anime but a little to short

Sc-ry-ed - Great if you like action anime not so great if you don't

Finally finished watching Rorouni Kenshin - needless to say I'm going to watch it again

There's most likely going to be a second season though. There are quite a few novels in the series and the storyline is far from being over.

When Ghost in the Shell was in its first season, I couldn't get enough of the show. Now, the second season is too serious and political. I do have the commend them for the attention to detail. Some of the season two stuff really pops out.
I actually like the political stuff. But then I'm interested in that sort of thing in general.

There is one thing that I do like about the politics in GITS. Japan's perspective of the world does shine through. There is alot of U.S. government statements in GITS. Some of them are questionably interesting. There is the reflection of the past in GITS, and it seems to project into the writters version of the future.

Every time I watch a GITS episode, I have to remember that the world sees the U.S. from the outside. While I see the U.S. from the inside, I have to remember our policies are not allways viewed well.

When compared to Animes like Ghost in the Shell and Fist of the North Star "Full Metal Alchemist is like a Kiddy Anime meaning the animation isn't as in depth as the adult Animes are and they change the character's entire face to show emotion instead of showing their emotion with real face.

Youll find that in nearly every anime and nearly every manga out there. Its especially so in comedy or shoujo stuff. Ultra-serious anime like Ghost in the Shell wont have it though. Its just the way the Japanese do stuff, personally I love it, I find it amusing the way their faces are portrayed for different emotions.

The author of Ghost in the Shell has a habit of long drawn out dialogues. If you think its bad in english, you should watch it in Japanese. :p I cant get into 2nd Gig. I was all ecstatic when I heard that it was getting another season... but then the eps just got really blah. The first season was spectacular, and was what made me want another season.

If you want "kiddy animation" I suggest you watch Dema****a Powerpuff Girls Z. Your mind will melt with the simplistic meant-for-children drawing style. :p
Haha, wordfiltered "Demashitaa!".

Yeah, that show sucked though. I've no interest in seeing transforming 8 year olds blowing bubbles and hitting monkeys with yo-yos.

Youll find that in nearly every anime and nearly every manga out there. Its especially so in comedy or shoujo stuff. Ultra-serious anime like Ghost in the Shell wont have it though. Its just the way the Japanese do stuff, personally I love it, I find it amusing the way their faces are portrayed for different emotions.

Same here. :D

I just purchased the 3 DVD box set of Vandread... and am currently watching Hellsing. ;)

Calm down lynk I was talkimg about how they are drawn Both GIS and FotNS look more realistic FMA doesn't.

They do have different artstyles, but calling FMA kiddy and GitS realistic is stretching it. Motoko still has those famous big anime eyes and aside from a few artstyle differences, shading, colours, etc, they are still very similar. The only difference is story and themes present in each anime.

edit: and no i wasn't yelling at you or anything.

They do have different artstyles, but calling FMA kiddy and GitS realistic is stretching it. Motoko still has those famous big anime eyes and aside from a few artstyle differences, shading, colours, etc, they are still very similar. The only difference is story and themes present in each anime.

I was more thinking along the lines that no woman has a body like that but yeah don't look at me...>.<

Currently, I'm watching a very old anime that I used to like when I was a kid (I still do) called "Rémi". It's about a little french boy skilled in music going around well...France who has no family and lots of adventures. Aimed at kids but still makes me cry. No kids show has ever killed off so many main characters...seriously.

Except maybe any Gundam serie...maybe the Gundam producers come up with a list and ask the writers to kill off all of those characters at the end of the serie...

EDIT: What is Samus doing in that avatar of yours Lynk?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently(as in the last 2 days) watched Amaenaideyo, and Amaenaideyo Katsu and I love it.

basically one guy living with 6 girls (non related) and he is always getting introuble for peeking and the like

also just watched Fate Stay night and I gotta say its one of the best anime series I've watched lately.

also helps that Saber, Rin and Sakura are all very good looking and the combat and story line are great as well.

also has a historical twist with saber thats nice too XD

Archived