Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

I would like to take this time to tell everyone to watch "Shuffle!" It has loads and loads of romance, some shoujo-ai, lots of comedy, demons, "gods", half-demons/gods... and magic. Its based on an hgame, but the anime is sooooooo much better than the game. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always said, if you're female and you like anime, you're closer than anyone else is to being lesbian/bi.

O.o you know I just came to that conclusion

I belong to an anime forum and there are more bi/lesbian girls there than straight and even the ones claiming to be straight have no problem watching yuri related anime O.o

Ghost in the Shell as mentioned is a must. You might also check out an older one called Patlabor, which is another cop-ish show. The TV series was a little less serious, but the films are more so and not necessarily action oriented. A fun series if you ask me...

Ditto. Though if your looking for unfantasy type, Cowboy Bebop is kinda like that. It has like space travel and stuff, but it's more of a cops and robbers kinda thing. I like Dragonball/Dragonballz, but that is kinda fantasyish.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Dead Leaves a Production IG studio OVA. The most psychadelic and hyperkinetic experience you will ever have! See it now, it's 3 times as fast as the fastest thhing you've ever seen, 4 times as many cuts, 6 times as many screams and 5 times as many sick and twisted characters and situations as the most twisted Alice in Wonderland Sci-Fi, you've ever seen.

It's not an anime it's an experience!

Sailor Moon was the very first anime I ever got into. I couldn't stand the US version tho, it was complete garbage. The censorship was so awful... I mean, the 1st season finale of the original series was actually a 2-parter and in it you could see all the sailors get killed and Sailor Moon get choked almost to death by Prince Endymion. You see NONE of that in the US version, everything was hacked out. It was hacked so badly that the original 2-parter became a single episode! Okay, I can understand why they cut that stuff out, but that's not all they cut... Some pretty harmless stuff got hacked and that's just plain ridiculous... And why on Earth did they have to change the music?! And the awful voice acting... Argh... >_< I swore I would never watch a dub ever again, and never did. *hugs her fansub tapes*

Okay... That was my rant of the day about hating anime dubs lol... :p

Anway, I haven't watched animes in quite some time... I've become waaaay too picky, I just find every animes to be overly cliched and annoying nowadays. I guess I've changed 'cause I used to love that stuff haha. I'd like to watch something mature, dark and gritty but I don't really know any animes like that. All I hear about is Naruto here, Naruto there, blah blah blah. I know it's a probably great anime but there's just too many episodes...

Anyway those are my favorite animes:

- Cowboy Bebop

- Trigun

- Vision of Escaflowne

- Witch Hunter Robin

- Wolf

- Berserk

- Hellsing

- Gundam: The 8th MS Team

- Akira

- Noir

- Tenchi Muyo

- Full Metal Panic!

- Infinite Ryvius

- Sailor Moon (yeah, yeah...)

- Haibane Renmei

- Rurouni Kenshin

- Record of Lodoss War

- Slayers

- Lain

- Vampire Hunter D

- Anything by Miyazaki is pure genius (Princess Mononoke, Laputa, Nausicäa, Spirited Away)

I love Inuyasha. The anime, not the character. I mean, the character's cool and all, but... anyway, Cromartie High School is awesome. As well as Peacemaker. I'm kinda lost when it comes to newer anime, because I don't get The Anime Network on direcTV. Are there any anime set in the "now" that are really good. All the anime I ever see is set in either the future or the past.

one-piece is in every saturday morning on fox I know my brother watches it:p

I can't stand the anime of one piece. It's edited out and americanised completely. For example, in the scene where Kaya is meant to pull out a gun, she pulls out a SLINGSHOT! What is she going to do, kill Captain Kuro with mild skin pain?

I can't stand the anime of one piece. It's edited out and americanised completely. For example, in the scene where Kaya is meant to pull out a gun, she pulls out a SLINGSHOT! What is she going to do, kill Captain Kuro with mild skin pain?

I didn't say I watch it. I don't watch 4kids tv on saturdays:xp:

Its not kaya anyway its that guy with the long pointy nose.

I didn't say I watch it. I don't watch 4kids tv on saturdays:xp:

Its not kaya anyway its that guy with the long pointy nose.

No, kaya pulls a gun on Kuro while he's beating up Ussop, but he goads here into dropping it. But still, a SLINGSHOT! they have cannons in it, what about guns

• 5 months later...

ok Anime I just finished watching and my opinons on them

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - good anime but a little to short

Sc-ry-ed - Great if you like action anime not so great if you don't

Finally finished watching Rorouni Kenshin - needless to say I'm going to watch it again

I humbly request that my thread, this lovely thread of 10+ pages of anime be stickied. Please. ^_^

More insane anime comedy:

If you loved Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuustu, then you need to watch Ouran Highschool Host Club. It has another Haruhi in it, though shes not a goddess, shes just a girl in a super-rich private school. And its utterly hilarious. Its up to 15 eps, and out of those, only one ep wasnt that funny. Serious, it makes the other Haruhi series look like angsty scifi. :p

Id also recommend that you find a chronological listing of the Suzumiya eps, and then rewatch the series in that order. It will make a hell of a lot more sense. lol

Other good animes Id recommend without thinking about it:

Makai Sakai Disgaea

Ergo Proxy

Mushishi (think, Mononoke-hime with less angst)

Simoun

xxxHolic

Yume Tsukai

Blood +

Kiddy Anime

Dragonball Series

InuYasha

Zatch Bell

Monster Rancher

Full Metal Achemist

Gigantor

Yugi-Oh Series

Tenchi Series

Adult Anime

Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Ninja Scroll

Fist of the North Star

Akira

Ghost in the Shell Series

Evangelion

Cowboy Bebop

s-CRY-ed

Samurai Champloo

Kiddy Anime

Dragonball Series

InuYasha

Zatch Bell

Monster Rancher

Full Metal Achemist

Gigantor

Yugi-Oh Series

Tenchi Series

I wouldn't really say Fullmetal Alchemist is a "kiddy" anime. I think it's probably aimed at a broad audience. But either way it's one of my favorite animes.

Scryed is more kiddy than Inuyasha is. The first one's plot is rather simplistic, and have almost nothing but fighting, much like DBZ. Making it easy for kids to watch.

Inuyasha has lots of fighting too, but the storyline is pretty deep I think, so more mature minds can get into it. So, Inuyasha is more like Full Metal Alchemist - aimed at a broad range.

I humbly request that my thread, this lovely thread of 10+ pages of anime be stickied. Please. ^_^

:headbump REVAN!!!!!! :headbump

I thought this thread was finally dead! R.t.G. had to go resurrect a 6 month old thread! If I was to go resurrecting again, I'd get banned! Favoritism I say!

:headbump REVAN!!!!!! :headbump

I thought this thread was finally dead! R.t.G. had to go resurrect a 6 month old thread! If I was to go resurrecting again, I'd get banned! Favoritism I say!

huh? Depends on exactly "what" gets ressurected and in the manner it does so..

I'd tend to agree if it were a "zOMG Anime Rul3z!!1!" post, but because there was a contribution to the thread and it has sparked renewed discussion.. it won't be locked down (yet) ;) If it were ressurected and received nothing but "wtf it's so oooollldd" posts.. then yeah, bye-bye thread...

However because there was a 5 month gap between the last post.. I'm sorry but this isn't really a "Sticky" type thread. While this post renewed the discussion in this case, please take more care in keeping the last post date in to mind before performing "necromancy"... (please)

and despite the "head-hunting/favoritism" reference MdK c'mon, please tell me you were joking because despite what some might want to think.. you're all equally "fresh meat" :devsmoke:(I'm kidding folks.. don't slam my PM box)

Hmm, anime. Well, I'm no die-hard fan of it, but there is some anime I enjoy. I used to love Toonami back in the day, when it had stuff like this. DBZ, Gundam Wing, and Outlaw Star were my favorites. Now Toonami pretty much sucks though, with retarded things like Bo-bobo-bo-bobobo. (that's the correct way to spell it, by the way, I'm not really sure how I knew that.) After Toonami sort of died, I would watch the uncut midnight run episodes of Gundam Wing every once in a while, but I didn't really watch much anime until I discovered adult swim. Then I started watching Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo, which are my current favorites. Samurai Champloo is probably my all-time favorite anime, closely followed by Gundam Wing. So I guess all the anime I've ever liked has been on Cartoon Network.

Oh, and I despise both Inuyasha and One Piece.

Archived