Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^

2 DVD players, counting my computer. I usually just watch movies on my computer because I find it more comfortable.

But I can take my PSP to work! It rocks getting paid to watch movies and play games. hehe

EDIT: hey! no fair changing your post when I'm already typing a resonse! hehe

Yea, my TV sucks. Its like 10-12 years old.

My monitor, on the other hand, is pretty sweet. Movies look great on it.

:D @ editting my post. well my "you must not have a dvd player" post didn't make much sense since you already said you had more conan dvds.

PC Monitors always make movies look better... unless you have an ancient monitor which belongs in a museum lol. I have a huge 50" rear projection and a surround sound system... basically the works so watching anything on a PSP, whether it's portable or not seems pretty silly to me XD

EDIT: and what the hell is wrong with the width of this page?!

I like Hayao Miyazaki =D i got into Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (the manga i guess? to me they were just graphic novels) back in like 1988 and was sad that it went out of print before i could get the whole series...i was thrilled when the Perfect Collections came out =) i thought the manga series was better than the Nausicaa movie, which was too condensed and a lot different.

I also enjoyed the hell out of every episode/issue of Ranma 1/2, i don't know if that counts as anime ...i'm pretty much a n00b. i did watch a lot of Bubblegum Crisis and Appleseed and bits and pieces of a bunch of Robotech series in the late 80's/early 90's tho, and i've enjoyed what i've seen of Trigun in the last year or so.

i'll probly just stop talking now so as to keep from embarrassing myself through demonstration of utter lack of knowledge.

@ spinkle: Don't worry you're aright in my books if you've seen Bubblegum Crisis..... wait, but which one? If it was Tokyo 2040 then meh, if it was the original then you rock :p:D

I'm not sprinkle, but I have only seen the originals... :D

I still remember seeing it for the first time, it was so cool, Priss' singing, the police mini-choppers deploying from the truck, the Boomer fighting them then melding the 50Cal Gatling gun from one of the choppers to his injured arm... and that was only the first part! Good times! :)

EDIT: And Lynk I think the page is all skewed from a post of yours up the page, it refrences this image http://www.evacommentary.org/appendix/azumanga-daioh_aprs.gif but all I get is a thin long line??? :giveup:

• 2 weeks later...
You mean you haven't already seen Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal?! MY GOD MAN! IT'S A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE TV SERIES! GET IT NOW!

No kidding! I have the entire Samurai X set on dvd. (This is saying alot since I don't own many Dvds to begin with.) After seeing Samurai X the TV show seems bubblegum in comparison.... but maybe thats just me.

Fuu

I'm thinking of busting into the samurai x series its the prequal to that series

new series I like (not new but new to what I like)

witch hunter robin

naruto (fawk don't know if I spelled that right)

that is all for now

Witch Hunter Robin is an awesome series! Gothy witch girl. heh Theres some scenes where shes dressed in a night shirt and shes loads prettier than when shes fully dressed.

Naruto... whatever you do, dont watch the anime lol The guy they have voice acting him in English is annoying as hell. Plus the series is huge because they have all those filler eps... so the manga is better. I like Hinata and Sakura. heh

FYI when I said the samuri X series I ment the movies >_> only problem is that I'm broke >_> needs some money before I can see them

Just to make things clear about Samurai X...

Trust and Betrayal = bloody good. a must get, if you don't get it i'll form a mob and hunt you down.

The Movie = it's part of the TV series and goes in between season 2 and 3, not so good. not worth getting really unless you're a collector.

Reflection = good, same style as Trust and Betrayal, it tries to fill in the end of Kenshin's story which was ruined when the TV series started making stuff up near the end of its life. Though for some reason some hardcore Kenshin fans don't like it for some reason. i like it though, great ending especially after watching 100% of Trust and Betrayal, Kenshin TV and The Movie.

• 1 month later...

heres a bunch of imatation anime things i found not sure if they've already been posted but... here they are.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail115.html

http://www.homestarrunner.com/underconstruction.html

This one is the first but its my least favorite.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

http://www.homestarrunner.com/20x6vs1936.html

Adding to my list of truley great anime in no particular order...

Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden Traumend (season 2) the "a" has a : over the top.

Ichigo Mashimaro

Samurai 7

Samurai Champloo

Tactics

Eureka Seven

Full Metal Panic - Ffumuffu (wonderfully cracked).

Shakugan no Shana

Karin

Noein

Blood+

Bleach

Mushishi (its like Princess Mononoke minus 90% of the angst).

as for j-dramas:

Gokusen, its a live action based on the manga and the anime. It has the very pretty Nakama Yukie as the main chara. Really funny. ;)

Crap... well... amazon threw escaflowne a 10% price drop... so naturally... I grabbed it while I could. It came in almost a week ago, the WHOLE SERIES. 10X better than the movie... and so amazing. Wow, it was so different to what I saw on TV, it was like watching a whole new show. And in the end things changed so much it was crazy. The characters were awesome, and yeah... wow... just wow. I just wish it had better animation like the movie does, don't get me wrong, this is really good, its just after seeing the amazing usage of color and shading and stuff in the movie, I really want that for the series. Its well worth $90. (Escaflowne the perfect collection, 9 DVDs. 26 episodes on 8 DVDs and the movie on the last DVD.) The music, story, animation, acting... everything was amazing. Crap.. I like it more than star wars... :D

EDIT: Awesome webcomic: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20021102

Archived