Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

Ranma 1/2 is right up there with DBZ in my opinion... Ranma nearly drove me away from anime (my cousin was totally obsessed with it, totally). DBZ is just annoying.

Uh, I don't understand how you can compare Ranma 1/2 to DBZ. One has character development, genuine comedy and an outlandish premise that actually works. The other is devoid of character development past the frequent toilet noises, is not funny in the least and repeats the same sad formula for 200+ episodes. I'll leave you to figure out which one I'm talking about. And really, what does your cousin have to do with you liking or not liking something?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...

My cousin was dumped on us alot when we were growing up by his mom. And he was obsessed with the anime, and the only way to get any peace and quiet was to let him watch the stupid show.

I wasnt comparing the two shows.

Ranma 1/2 is right up there with DBZ in my opinion... Ranma nearly drove me away from anime (my cousin was totally obsessed with it, totally). DBZ is just annoying.

I simply said thats its up there in annoyance factor. Maybe the manga is better than the anime, I dont know... but if you had to hear your cousin babble about Shampoo all the time, youd dislike the series too.

• 1 month later...

I just watched the love Hina ova's and Love Hina again (the three part ova)

the spring Ova is great, cuz Naru finally admits she loves Keitaro(sp?)

which even in the beginning I've always wanted them to end up together which by the end they do.

The Christmas Ova is a tear jerker by the end, though its still great

Love Hina again however leads much to be disired.

now the Negima Remake is freaking Gold.

if anybody how likes the original series I recomend you watch the remake.

pluses of the remake are as follows:

HUGE story upgrade

graphics upgrade

the pactio's are some of the best parts

when the damn frog chibi get stepped on, shot ect...

cons:

the damn frog and cat chibis are annoying.

and THE BOUNTO ARC IS FINALLY OVER in bleach. gawd damn it was getting old fast.

awaits either hate pm or post in the near future

There's no definitive word from anyone in the industry if The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is going to have a second season. The most anyone has heard of it is this report from ANN debunking rumors of a season 2 trailer.

It's pretty much the same story for Ouran, with no one really knowing anything definitive.

I meant that I heard that there were rumours about it. lol Im tired, give me a break. :p

D. Grayman is a cool series, so is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. And Maria-sama ga Miteru has a third season in an oav thats been subbed.

Oh and Death Note sucks... its like hell girl in that there is no over all plot. Its just death of the week again... "Who died this week? And how?" "Oh just some criminals... heart attacks... again."

OMGDEATHNOTeSPOILER

Raito gets killed by Ryuuku in the end. :p

I saw the first Death Note ep, that kinda ended it for me. The manga's okay, but for some reason the anime's very confusing and... boring. Now I'm starting on my (long overdue) Gonzo collection. Just bought the two-packs, Beauty & Babes and Blood & Blades. I've got Basilisk, Desert Punk, Speed Grapher, and Trinity Blood. I've caught the Trinity Blood on adult swim at least once. Whenever it's on, I always forget is Saturday. Well, I guess Sunday.

Dragonball GT: I think Dragonball is better...but it's a good anime.

Desert Punk: Only heard of it, good one.

Ghost in the Shell: A good one, except some sensitive contents.

Naruto: A bunch of kid ninjas went to save the world from Orochimaru...

Saint Saiya: Same, fighters saves the world.

Bleach: Same, Shinigami Representative Kurosaki Ichigo here to save the world...

Yeah, Dragonball was a good one, along with Evangelion and Naruto.

I actually love all of the Dragonball Z series and as for Naruto I am in love with the fact they made that one. I think it has to be one of the better animes I have seen. I also like a couple old ones like Inuyasha, Yu-Yu Hakusho, and some new ones like Full Metal Alchemist and Trinity Blood(which I am not sure this one is even an anime really but I still like it and it does look anime-ish so I accept it.) Anyway I basically just in general love anime because of the fact that the animators can make a cartoon seem like a soap opera.

I actually love all of the Dragonball Z series and as for Naruto I am in love with the fact they made that one. I think it has to be one of the better animes I have seen. I also like a couple old ones like Inuyasha, Yu-Yu Hakusho, and some new ones like Full Metal Alchemist and Trinity Blood(which I am not sure this one is even an anime really but I still like it and it does look anime-ish so I accept it.) Anyway I basically just in general love anime because of the fact that the animators can make a cartoon seem like a soap opera.

I gave up on the dragonball z series pretty much after piccolo became useless

I in general like anime but there are a few I will NOT watch any further than I have

one piece - I can't STAND LUFFY

Ichigo 100% - if you can make it past episode 5 I applaud you

the English dub of Love Hina -- oh gawd its awful

the English dub of golden boy -- same as above.

I've moved more away from the more battle oriented anime series except for bleach and possibly ranma 1/2, for more story based anime series

an few Genre's I didn't think I'd like that I do like are:

Harem

School life

Romantic Comedy

now Mech oriented anime I can't stand anymore

KnM is the exception but thats mainly because of the Yuri relationship between the priestesses

and yes Trinity blood is an anime series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood

Dubs of any anime are evil incarnate produced by the Antichrist! With the following exceptions: Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop (because thats how I first saw them).

Harem anime are generally quite annoying except for Shuffle! and Negima?!. Mecha anime are almost always just as annoying including KnM (except for the aforemention yuri), and Code Geas.

School and Romance anime are two of my favourites. ;) School Rumble is a good comedy school anime.

Dubs of any anime are evil incarnate produced by the Antichrist! With the following exceptions: Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop (because thats how I first saw them).

I didn't mind the dubs of Gundam Wing, SEED, G, or 08th MS Team. I can only hope Bandai does as good a job with Haruhi's subs (Nagato's voice doesn't sound too bad though, so there's hope).

I gotta say I only watch the dubs. Mainly because I can't really read and watch at the same time. I always miss what's going on the the background. I also don't know any Japanese, aside from the basics. You know... basics... hello, how are you... how many yen for shirt removal... that sort of thing. Kekeke. :)

most dubs I can't watch anymore

except for RK, Inuyasha, trinity blood and Samurai Shamplo since I got used to the dubs first

the bleach dub is growing on me though some of the voices flat out suck -_-

Archived