Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

You've missed a seriously cool show. Cool powers, cool costumes, Casey Kasem as Mark and Keye Luke as the evil Zoltar, cool music, cool ship that turned into the fiery phoenix and back, galaxy-spanning conflicts all solved in a half hour (or hour if it was a 2 part episode). What's not to love? :)

Jae, you must be about my age to remember Battle of the Planets. It was a cool show for its time. I haven't watched it in probably 20 years. I know some of it is on DVD, but I haven't gotten around to getting it on my Netflix queue.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I celebrated the 11th anniversary of my 29th b-day last fall. :D

I picked up my copies of Battle of the Planets on amazon. My kids and I all pile on the couch together and watch the show while Jimbo groans at the storyline. He just doesn't get it. :D

forgot to mention bleach, blue seed .....I also read manga.....I know nerd....although ain't nerds supposed to be smart and I'm not smart....maybe geek...geeks don't have to be smart

Reading manga doesn't make you nerdy or geeky. It just makes you more fanboyish, or in your case, fangirly.

Actually it does, if in excess, in addition to possably making you a weeaboo.

forgot to mention bleach, blue seed .....I also read manga.....I know nerd....although ain't nerds supposed to be smart and I'm not smart....maybe geek...geeks don't have to be smart

There are dumb nerds also. :)

But back on topic. Blue Seed have a good start, but kinda sucks after a while. Then again same can be said with things like 3x3 Eyes, where you have a good start, and the style changes massively after a while.

Trinity Blood, Alive... some things I have been reading recently. Oh and Liar Game (strongly recommand). Speaking of which, we can set up a small manga review thingsy here, just for the sake of it. :)

Yeah... I'm really hoping that this new series will veer away from what Macross 7 has gone into and back into what Super Dimension Fortress, Plus and parts of Zero showed us.
I couldn't agree more. I gave 7 an honest effort, but in the end Basara, the music, some mecha designs (boobs and faces), character designs, and much recycled animation was just too much for me. The spiritia stuff was a little far out considering the established universe rules. I liked Mac 0 a lot more, apart from the flying rocks and stuff, but even that I was able to deal with a bit more.

But it would be great to get back to the Series and Plus roots...

I just finished the series last night. I'm hooked on it all over again. Even though the animation is dated in many places, the mecha, characters, and story are timeless...

Time to watch flashback 2012 again. :)

I could celebrate the 10+ anniversary of my 20th birthday if I really wanted too since I dont look any older than maybe 21. lol But then I usually go with 29, that seems to be the popular age to set. hehe

I have to admit, Bleach is my one guilty pleasure of Anime... >_> The manga is rather dull. But Im still entertained by the anime. All the other anime I watch, I dont consider guilty-pleasures. hehe

Im just amazed at how Matsumoto can run with that massive pair she has... O.o;;

It's gonna be

Fight

Filler

Fight

Filler

Filler

Filler

Fight End.

The manga would be more exciting to read. But hey, I love the anime, so I guess I'll watch the fillers too. =P

Yah. I read the manga. Plus I'd rather have fighting filler than "hey let's bake a cake". If I wanted to see that I'd watch Lazytown.

Yah. I read the manga. Plus I'd rather have fighting filler than "hey let's bake a cake". If I wanted to see that I'd watch Lazytown.

Hey! Lazytown is cool! The girl is hot and legal.

But yeah, I hate the, "Oh hi, hear is my life story that won't affect the storyline at all" fillers.

I want Orihime love now!

I couldn't agree more. I gave 7 an honest effort, but in the end Basara, the music, some mecha designs (boobs and faces), character designs, and much recycled animation was just too much for me. The spiritia stuff was a little far out considering the established universe rules. I liked Mac 0 a lot more, apart from the flying rocks and stuff, but even that I was able to deal with a bit more.

But it would be great to get back to the Series and Plus roots...

I just finished the series last night. I'm hooked on it all over again. Even though the animation is dated in many places, the mecha, characters, and story are timeless...

Time to watch flashback 2012 again. :)

:D @ Flashback 2012... speaking of SDF, I was really impressed with the way ADV made their proper English dub version of it. It sounded so classic XD and all of the voices were voices I wanted for their respective parts.

Hey! Lazytown is cool! The girl is hot and legal.

But yeah, I hate the, "Oh hi, hear is my life story that won't affect the storyline at all" fillers.

I want Orihime love now!

She is not legal. At least not in the U.S. She just turned 16 according to IMDB.

:D @ Flashback 2012... speaking of SDF, I was really impressed with the way ADV made their proper English dub version of it. It sounded so classic XD and all of the voices were voices I wanted for their respective parts.
I think I mentioned this to you before, but I couldn't stand the dub! Not sure why exactly. But other than that I have loved the set.

Now I'm getting through DYRL again. :)

The one thing I've learned is that any problem can be solved by some tunes and a ****load of missiles!

Crapimation liscenced Ouran... Geneon should have, atleast they preserve the original box art and stuff... I wonder if they are going to hack the name like that manga company did with Karin, calling it Chibi Vampire. >_<

Pfft, the FUNi panel at Otakon was awesome this year. When the OP for Ouran came on, the entire room went nuts with cheering. By comparison, the Geneon panel was decidely lackluster, even by the lower standards I'd set for it since last year's fiasco. I know the quality of the DVDs and the way they run their panel are two entirely separate things, but there is something to be said for presentation and coordination, things the panel were decidedly lacking in. And it was Tokyopop that licensed Karin and called it 'Chibi Vampire', so you can only blame them for that.

I trust FUNi enough to do a good job with Ouran. The producers at the panel seemed to realize just how much people loved the show, so I don't think they'll deviate too much from the original content. Besides, there really aren't that many ways you can mangle up "Ouran High School Host Club".

true true... and I didnt blame Funi for Tokyopops stupid naming. Whats the point of renaming it to Chibi Vampire when Karin is already a western name O.o?? *sigh* Ive seriously considered just buying the manga of the series I like from Japan and wracking my brain on the kanji just so I dont have to wait and be tortured by sub-par translations. xD

Ill reserve my judgement on Funi for when I see Ouran for the first time.

I also think I am one of the few females who enjoys yuri/Shoujo-ai anime/manga.

what do you mean by one of the few?

my experiance even the so called "straight" girls that are into anime like those genres

The manga would be more exciting to read. But hey, I love the anime, so I guess I'll watch the fillers too. =P

you mean of bleach?

it is way better, after reading the manga you realize how much the anime series kills all of the "yuri" scenes.

what do you mean by one of the few?

my experiance even the so called "straight" girls that are into anime like those genres

you mean of bleach?

it is way better, after reading the manga you realize how much the anime series kills all of the "yuri" scenes.

I know. The manga is great, but the anime has some high points too. But as I've said a billion times, I wanna see Orihime profess her love!

I know. The manga is great, but the anime has some high points too. But as I've said a billion times, I wanna see Orihime profess her love!

that isn't gonna happen, at least I don't think.

besides that Ichigo "likes" Rukia more than Orihime

It happened in the manga, right before she was taken to the Huerco Mundo place.

And if you read alot of the earlier manga chapters, Ichigo and Orihime liked each other secretly, thats why he doesn't want her fighting, because he cares alot about her. Now, you might say what about going to the Soul Society to get Rukia back? He went there because he felt she had a place on earth and she shouldn't be reprimanded for her choice. And also, right before they left, he told Orihime he wanted her to stay, but she refused saying she would follow him.

So I personally think Ichigo and Orihime like each other, and Ichigo cares for Rukia as a friend. Renji is the one who likes Rukia really.

So I personally think Ichigo and Orihime like each other, and Ichigo cares for Rukia as a friend. Renji is the one who likes Rukia really.

but Rukia views Renji more as a brother than anything else.

It happened in the manga, right before she was taken to the Huerco Mundo place.

that one doesn't count because Ichigo was asleep.

also there have been hints that rukia has romantic feelings for Ichigo and even Orihime believes she is going to loose Ichigo to Rukia.

Archived