Home

Lucasforums' new look. Thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love VB3 and it's little "extra touches" ;)

I just stumbled upon the "click on a poster's username" and get the options for buddy list, search for other posts, etc...

Nice touch :thumbsup:

Makes me wonder what else I need to be randomly clicking... hehehe :devsmoke:

the quick reply is really nice, and i like the new olive green colors, however that shade of blue the picked does not go nicely with the olive green at all. don't get me wrong, im a pretty big fan of the color blue, its one of my favories, but this particular shade of is quite jarring when set next to this particular shade of green. other than that i think the new LF is AWESOME

edit: ok, my eyes are starting to adjust now.

Okay, just the opinion of the resident art teacher...I like the new color schemes. However, it would be nice to have options to recolor to personal preference the way that Yahoo does for e-mail accounts. If I was to change anything about it, I would go to having a black background for the posts (instead of the gray) and have a light gray text or keep the gray background and use a pale yellow text. It is a little easier on the eyes than white on gray or white on black (IMHO). But the blue and olive green are very nice together. FYI, they are analogous. If you don't know what that means, use Dictionary.com

I love the new look guys/gals nice job.

@everyone with the "Nice Job post" in many threads (including this one) and then the rest of your post is your signature which with pics and words is now about 5 times longer than your post please edit them.

I know I do not wanna read or see a book for a signature everytime a thread is posted in. :rolleyes: It makes TONS more clutter especially for dialup users to load thread pages.

I also noticed (for the updaters) that the "quick links" up top of the pages on the forum is blocked by the Cir. City ad at the moment and you cannot access most of the pull downs options (or at least can't see them) The ad's by google or whatever directly above it stays behind the pull down BUT the Circuit city ad doesn't.

I also noticed that the fields to enter your glow hex code and to change what it says under your avatar after you reach 1000 posts is no where to be found??? Is this gonna be added back later on?

I love the look BUT don't really like it yet as it will take some getting used to. But from a web design standpoint it looks very nice and is a HUGE improvement on the old style. :thumbsup:

Very good job guys and gals we all appreciate your hard work. ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

I also noticed (for the updaters) that the "quick links" up top of the pages on the forum is blocked by the Cir. City ad at the moment and you cannot access most of the pull downs options (or at least can't see them) The ad's by google or whatever directly above it stays behind the pull down BUT the Circuit city ad doesn't.

What browser and definition are you using? Can you post a screenie?

If you use firefox I reccomend getting the adblock plugin which as its name suggests blocks ads and anything else you tell it to ^_^

Also, quick question... what happend to the titles? Now it just says 'Registered User" :(

I liked being a pit droid and bantha fodder.... (well, maybe not the fodder but I still liked the old titles).

Also, why are the old smileys gone? :( I liked the old ones *sniff*

I think that is one of the things they are still working on. Luckily they got the custom titles working so I could change mine.

I hope they make new titles for swk. Tuskens, pit droids, stormtroopers and all the others aren't in KotOR.

*notices the humongous avatars*

Oh. My. God. I think LucasForums has suddenly become my favorite forums once again. This... is an incredible upgrade. There is no emoticon to express my happiness... except maybe this:

bounce.gif

Archived