Home

Who Likes Transformers?

Aash Li

Similar to the popular Who Likes Anime thread... who likes Transformers?

I grew up at a time when Hannah-Barbarian was tormenting us with their so-called animation, so there wasnt a whole lot of good stuff airing. So I grew up watching Buggs Bunny, Transformers, GI Joe, and the occaisional H-B cartoon that I liked.

When Transformers was imported from Japan it was only aired on one channel that was really staticy, but I watched it anyway. heh

So whos your favourite character from the series... I suppose it can be any of the spin-offs but Im referring to mainly the original series, and the post-movie seasons. :)

Oh... and to answer my own question:

Optimus Prime is my all time favourite. Along with Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, the Dinobots, Arcee and the other female autobots... Jazz, and Im sure there were a couple others I liked.

Another thing no one ever really noticed I dont think is that the whole series seemed a little gay until they corrected it by introducing the female transformers lol.

I din't really watched the transformers as they came out a bit later in French/Spanish and didn't gained my interest at that time but I was a big fan of Goldorak when I was 7-11 yrs old :D (Laughed last year when my neighbour who is the same age as me asked me to pick up his mail and found a box of goldorak's videos :p )

dunno if it was known to English speaking people...

I watched Transformers and liked it a lot. I didn't care much for Beast Wars and Beast Machines though, and I thoroughly hated the new incarnations that came out since then. As far as my favorite, it was Optimus Prime, but I also liked Rotimus Prime as well.

Yeah theres a PS2 transformers game. I looked at the game guide for it, and it *almost* made me want to get a ps2. But like I said before Im not spending loads of money on a console for just one game. ^_^ Now if they made a PC version of the game, id whore myself out to buy it lol.

I loved the Original Transformers, and I actually still have a few of the toys that my nephew likes to play with when he comes over.

My favorites were:

AUTOBOTS

Bumblebee

Dinobots

Blaster and all his tape friends

DECEPTICONS

Soundwave and all of his tape buddies

COMBATICON's (I still have the full set)

Starscream

The rarely seen Shockwave

Well there are a ton more ;) when I was a kid it was either Starwars or Transformers and the occasional GI Joe ;)

lol. You broke your tags... and unless youre a girl (close to my age) or Viggo Mortensen (see the LOTR thread), then its just not gonna happen.

Back on track... what was your favourite of the mini-series, there was more than one Im pretty sure. My favourite was the one about the key, and the ancient autobot, and they got to explore the depths of cybertron, and watch history tapes of the transformers.

*Raises hand*

I loved the original series... Soundwave was my favorite. I loved his voice and his cassette minions.

I still have most all the original toys they sold for them too! I was a wierd kid I had them on a shelf and rarely played with them. Though now they are in a box in my closet. :D

My favorite scene, at least the one that stuck in my head, was when Megatron picked up the statue of Lincoln at the Memorial in Washington D.C. and non-chalantly tossed it off it's stone seat, then sat down and proclaimed it was a "perfect fit!" So cool! ;)

*Raises hand*

I loved the original series... Soundwave was my favorite. I loved his voice and his cassette minions.

Ditto! :D

He was the kewlest toy because you got more than one Transformer when you bought him.. hehehe

My first Transformer was Megatron and I wound up breaking the barrel the very first time I transformed him :fist: I was so pissed... but then there came Starscream and all was forgiven (or forgotten rather)... after that, it was a new Transformer whenever I saved up enough allowance. We literally had "Golf Greens" I mowed the lawn so much :lol:

I wasted many an after-school afternoon watching the cartoon, just waiting for the next "drama" to happen... now that I go back and watch them, I never realized how wussy the Autobots were, They were getting spanked all the time by the Decepticons and only "won" during the last moments by some fluke ;)

Go Decepticons! :devsmoke:

who likes Transformers?

Who doesn't?

I liked Ronimus Prime (I don't know if I spelled it right but that's how it sounded to me when I was a kid) more than Optimus. I don't know why. Maybe because Ronimus was grittier and did more action while Optimus was more like a politician who talked too much and did too little.

My favorite Transformer was a toy I had/still have I think he was called Overlord. He could transform into a base, an airplane, a tank and a robot (obviously). He was huge and he had a 1001 small details. Coolest thing evah!

note if you are not Aash Li don't highlight
Too late... and yikes. :xp:

I loved the Transformers. I guess it just came out at the right time for me.

Autobots faves:

Optimus

Jazz

Prowl

Sideswipe

Hound

Wheeljack

Ironhide

Rachet

Mirage

Decepticon faves:

Megatron

Soundwave (best voice of all time)

Starscream

Shockwave

Skywarp

Thundercracker

Ravage

Rumble

It is wierd to think that the events in Transformers: The Movie were supposed to happen this year. :)

lol yeah. At the time, it was something like 15 years in the future.. sorta like that old silent film Metropolis that was set in the distant year 2000! hehe Or how all those old scifi shows put advanced technology only decades away like 1986 or something

Mirage was another Autobot I liked too.

I liked the Tape decepticons, especially Savage, I liked Soundblaster's tape buddies though they were all animals heh except one I think.

Its spelled Rodimus Prime, and I liked him too, his futuristic van-design was really neat. And from the movies I think my favourites were definitely the Junkions... talking only in tv-quotes. But I think the predacons and insecticons were my favourite badguys, I loved the way the insecticons sounded when they talked. :)

Every once in a while I'll pop in my copy of Transformers The Movie. The Optimus death scene is really touching, the scene in which Ultra Magnus tries to open "The Matrix of Leadership" but can't is pretty intense. Kinda weird that Judd Nelson did the voice of HotRod/Rodimus Prime. Never felt Judd Nelson took the work too seriously, and seems he did it for a paycheck, IMO is shows.

Aash Li, you're like...the perfect woman :)

I LOVE the Transformers. It was my whole childhood. I'm not old enough to have seen them on TV in 85, but I caught reruns. I'm a fan since I'm 4 years old.

My personnal favorite was UltraMagnus. Dunno why really, he was really cool in my eyes. Jazz was also awesome and Soundwave is by far, the coolest Decepticon. His voice and attitude was so...cool. Starscream was also so funny. Always trying to take over the Decepticons and then getting beaten by the Autobots or Megatron.

So many childhood memories...

I once spent an hour staring at an Optimus Prime and a Megatron statuette in a collector's shop. They were worth close to 300$ each and I just wished I had the money back then to buy them.

Archived