Home

More Kotor III Rumour News!

kookaburra

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, being rumor or no, you have to give the thread a little "credit".. it started out a good discussion of what we'd all like to see in the next geneneration of the game :bluidea:

Look at all the other threads in the KotOR III section, there's some great ideas being discussed and we can only hope that the Devs are out there reading this stuff... and we know they listen to at least some of the stuff ;)

True. But at the same time all the original poster had to do was make a topic about the link and say what they would like/dislike about the features noted in the link, instead of posting the link as some kind of "proof" that KOTOR III was in production.

I'm all for discussion. I'm just tired of seeing people jumping the gun on any and every small piece of rumor they find.

'm all for discussion. I'm just tired of seeing people jumping the gun on any and every small piece of rumor they find.

I hear ya' man. I couldn't agree more :D

One of the main reasons I had asked for a source.. I know of several sites (though one in particular) that I'll know if it's crap immediately... ;)

• 4 months later...

I don't think Bioware will be heading KotOR III. Not that they wouldn't do a brilliant job, as they always do with their games, but it just isn't happening unless something drastic changes. They dropped the series for a reason, and they aren't going to just swing back to make the third installment.

Hello Guys :D

It's Kookaburra here, I want to wish you all a great 2006 that is coming up a head of us. I unfortunely haven't found anymore Kotor III stuff *yet*, But of course I am on the hunt every day I am on the net to try and find some more Kotor III stuff as much as I can. when I find some more, you guys will be the first too know :D

Cheero

Kookaburra.

P.S Anyone may have the right to post any Kotor III anything if they like :D

POSTED DECEMBER 23RD 2005!!!! (AEST)

Ladies and Gents!

EDIT

THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR KOTOR III-HOPEFULLY.

NOTE: please take this as more rumour or speculation news. I just do my best to post Kotor III any thing. First of there are a few magazine sources that I up loaded to show you-to have proof what I saw what I am trying to say to you.But please,don't get too excited yet. I just like to share what I find. of course I really did find find theses articles in the magazine-and I ain't kidding. I got over-excited my self as i saw the article but of course articles are always articles.STILL, I hope you enjoy this post.

Cheero

Kookaburra

Hello,

KOTOR III Article ALERT!!!!!

I went to my news agent today and I brought a Xbox360 magazine. To my shock and excitement, I found something on Kotor III. Inside with the Xbox Magazine was a "confidential Internal use only booklet" stating that there were 23 Xbox games yet to be revealed-and guess what! Kotor III was one of them! So far! in side the booklet it says!

In front of the booklet it says:

FROM MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES ONLY.

Quote:

Welcome to the top secert document microsoft didn't want you tooo see-declassified. Packed with secert games MS and its army of publishers haven't yet conformed, this 36 page file reveals-in some cases, for the first time-huge 360 titles still under the radar: the rules don;t apply around here-so get inside and feast your eyes on the next years biggest anoncements.

Here are some games that are shown inside the booklet:

1.Avalon

2.BC

3.Bioware Game

4.Brute Force 2

5.The Chronicles Of Riddick 2

6.Fable 2

7.GTA 6

8.Half-life 3

9.Forza Motorsport 2

10.Halo 3

11.Hitman 5

12.Man With No Name Games

13.Jade Empire 2

14.Ninja Gaiden 2

12.Outrun Coast 2 Coast

13.Pro-Evolution Soccer 6

14.Rallisport Challange 3

15.The Sims

16.Splinter Cell 5

17.Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic III

18.Turok Next

19.Unreal Tournment 2007

20.WWE Westlemania 360

Star wars knights of the old republic III

from Obsidian out Late 2006.

Quote:

What we know: "are you planning to purchase an Xbox 360?" asks the currant poll on LucasArts offical site. As well it might-because a third round of Jedi justice is already coding up nicely, we hear. Osidian cut chunks of KOTOR II's story that "[didn't make sense when put in the context of the final game"- they'll likely be reinstalled for a juicy tying together of the trilogys's

UPDATED 23RD of DECEMBER 2005 !!!!!!

Here is some proof !!!!

linkie!!!!

here an minor article of Kotor III

{snip} please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards. However, you can post text excerpts (not the entire article) citing the source.

here is the front cover of the booklet that the article came in

{snip} please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards.

here is the first page of the booklet that the kotor III article came in.

{snip} please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards.

Sorry for the quality of the images. My internet up loads seems to be such a bother

I could scan the while booklet for proof but that would take to much time. any way I really hope you enjoy this post.

UP DATED!!!!!!!!!!! heres another link found!!!!! for Kotor III stuff!!!!! the same article that I am trying to share with you guys. :)

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=68684

cheero

kookaburra

NOTE: THIS NEWS IS NOT OFFICAL

Okay, just needed to point that out. While I was as excited as anyone else when I saw Kook's post, I need to point out a few things

1. This mag is UNOFFICAL - ie, not endorsed by Microsfot or any other game company

2. This mag had a front cover basically saying "Halo 3 is being made" - it's not

3. As for the 'MS Employees only...' stuff, it's just marketing. If you show someone info that the target thinks is classified, or someone doesn't want them to know, not only do they want even more to know about it, but they are also more inclined to believe it

4. This is pure speculation. Don't get me wrong, I would love Obsidian to do KotOR3, but since it's pretty much a sure thing, this mag can put it on their list with little chance of being wrong

Games inside booklet are: (inorder as shown)

4.Brute Force 2

6.Brute Force 2

You posted this one twice, with different numbers. Maybe proof reading oyur post might help

11.Hitman 5

Funny, there wasnt even a Hitman 4!

13.Jade Empire 3

Or a Jade Empire 2!

19.Splinter Cell 5

And Splinter Cell 4 was only receantly announced!

Next time come up with some better game titles, and check what number games are up too before posting silly stuff like this.

NOTE: THIS NEWS IS NOT OFFICAL

Okay, just needed to point that out. While I was as excited as anyone else when I saw Kook's post, I need to point out a few things

1. This mag is UNOFFICAL - ie, not endorsed by Microsfot or any other game company

2. This mag had a front cover basically saying "Halo 3 is being made" - it's not

3. As for the 'MS Employees only...' stuff, it's just marketing. If you show someone info that the target thinks is classified, or someone doesn't want them to know, not only do they want even more to know about it, but they are also more inclined to believe it

4. This is pure speculation. Don't get me wrong, I would love Obsidian to do KotOR3, but since it's pretty much a sure thing, this mag can put it on their list with little chance of being wrong

I have an older version of this advertising, and one cannot help but take notice that the XBox 360 is not making its projected sales. Otherwords, Microsoft most likely released this information to an outside source, so they can attract people to the XBox 360. It is a marketing ploy... As an ad designer and student, I have used similar tactics to get people to buy a product. It usually works. In the older version that I have, they mentioned many things that have become 100% true; therefore, I would take this news as a factual piece of advertising. The version I have came a year before the release of Halo 2 and Episode III, and all the facts in it came to reality.

Edit: If the titles are numbered wrong, there must be talk about the distant future of the games. Therefore, there is something moving in all the mentioned franchises.

Edit:: I read somewhere in this forums that Halo 3 is not being made, and it is mentioned in the advertising... Sad news for that claim, but Halo 3 is being made, and in the UK they are taking pre-orders.:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/

(Read the news section on the right!

Well,

About the wrong numbers, there's a simple conclusion:

Hitman 4 will be made soon, but might go multi-platform, same goes for Jade Empire 2 (PC?)

I know 100% certain SC 4 will be Multi-platform, 360 and PC to be pricicely.

This list might contain games they exclusively have. Splinter Cell was X-Box originally.

It IS possible.

Ladies and Gents :)

I have found some more Kotor III speculation stuff, but this time its from theforce.net. feel free to go to the link and have a read for yourself. Im just sharing.

Cheero

Kookaburra :)

The last of the Star Wars prequels leaves many fans questioning the future of the franchise. While we already know the direction of Star Wars on the small screen, it's the video game future that we're all waiting with interest to see.

Kicking things off next year will be Empire At War, and judging by early previews and screenshots, this will be the strategy title that all fans have been wanting since Force Commander all those years ago.

But so far little has been mentioned about the rest of 2006 and what we can expect. So, being the curious type, I've decided to make mention a few New Years Resolutions that hopefully will come true:

* Knights of the Old Republic III: This one is a given. After the amazing results of the first two titles, LucasArts would be silly not to explore this series just a little bit further. Most will recall that some of KOTORII was removed due to time constraints, and that before LucasArts culled it's staff, KOTORIII was in some form of pre-production. So there must be something bubbling away in the pot. If there is, look towards E3 for the announcements, if not sooner.

* LEGO Star Wars II: The 2005 sleeper hit, without a doubt, was LEGO Star Wars. While not a LucasArts developed game, the title went on to become a huge success, possibly even bigger then anyone expected. Again, it would be silly not to expand this into a franchise. Personally, I believe you could get more then just one sequel out of it. But for now, look for a Classic Trilogy edition of LEGO Star Wars some time next year.

* Star Wars Galaxies: As we've already mentioned, Galaxies pulled many punches this year, some hits some misses, but mostly the series of expansion packs this year based around Episode III has helped settle the fanbase after the major changes made. There should be at least another expansion in the wings for 2006, it's just a question of what content will be included. Wise men will put money on a title forming the links between Episode III and IV. The outsider's vote may fall upon an Expanded Universe title.

* Darth Vader: This is an interesting one. Many rumours have been around for some time regarding a Jedi Knight/Outcast style game revolving around the rise of Vader and the Empire. It's all quiet on the Vader front lately, but it's possible this game may re-appear around E3 time if LucasArts make it a reality.

* Indiana Jones: We might not see our old friend till 2007, but there will be some announcements and screenshots of the new adventure over the year.

* PS3/Xbox 360/Revolution: Who knows what may come of our favourite Star Wars titles for the new console war. Already Nintendo's Revolution controller has people thinking of many original ideas, while the power of Sony and Microsoft's entries will always be interesting to follow. LucasArts' next generation titles will be on show over the coming year. Don't forget, of course, the PSP and Nintendo DS, both of which should have at least one Star Wars title released over '06.

After that, who knows. What we can be sure of is that Star Wars within the video game circle won't be vanishing into the night just yet. If anything, the new TV and animated adventures may inspire LucasArts. On the plus side, it also leaves the company with a little extra time to develop some original titles. Or there is always Monkey Island ... or Grim Fandango ... hmmm ...

linkie

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LucasArts_in_06_96344.asp

^I doubt Bioware even thought about making a sequel, notice how conclusive K1 is?

the sith's most important person was killed, they lost the Star Forge, and their fleet was destroyed (LS). And then on the DS they kill the Republic fleet, Revan takes over again, and he/she has a giant fleet that could kill anyone who wants to stop it. Its more than a little conclusive.

Archived