Home

More Kotor III Rumour News!

kookaburra

Hello Everyone

Look what I found :D

Kotor 3 Announced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (http://www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."

Found this online somewhere great news or what? And to think that Bio ware is doing the game makes my day!

source:

http://kotorfanmedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=992&start=15

A guy called master Jenson posted this from KFM (KotorFanMedia) I thought it

was a great post so I thought I pass on the news. please just take this as a rumour or news but any way here is the link to where I got it from. so please don't flame me for this or any thing, I just wanted to share it and discuss it with fellow KOtorians. any way take care :D

ORGINAL SOURCE:

http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=40654

enjoy

Kookaburra :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds neat. I'll feel a lot better when I see something on either LA's or BW's site.

agreed. :D

Hey kookaburra,

Do you have a link where you saw that? Try checking your history. This would be great news, though I can think of at least one site where if this was where it was posted then it's pure crap ;)

Oh yes. This sounds and looks utter fake. The "True Sith" and the "plot follows directly from that of the last game" pretty much gives it away. Had it been any other company than Bioware I might have given it the benefit of the doubt. But to imply that Bioware would continue someone else's story is... phony.

I think it's a safe bet that LucasArts will take a more liberal approach to the first 2 games and make K3 more stand alone than previously.

That and also "didn't want to post on BW forum because they are undergoing some updates/upgrades". Oh, please! An official developer of Bioware posting on a completely different forum. Not even an interview.

I'd venture to say it's safe for everyone to just ignore this.

I'm with everyone that has a very skeptical attitude towards this "announcement." The referenced CADForums post is by a new user registered in July 2005 with only 1 post and says he "found this online somewhere." Hardly credible...

I don't expect we'll hear anything official about KotOR 3 until end of this year at the earliest but I can't see how LucasArts won't get some developer (BioWare, Obsidian, or whomever) to create the next game of the KotOR saga at some point in the future.

14 years after the second game? Come on. By then, Mandalore will be walking around whacking people with a cane. And if you were on the Light Side (how odd), Jolee would be dead and Mission would be all grown up. Not exactly the kind of way you want to re-introduce some of the really good characters.

If this was true, it would have been posted on LA's of Bioware's official site.

lol! that same guy who posted at the CAD forums posted at the swamp too: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150149

While a Kotor 3 game is more than probable, this post is a scam. A LucasArts game would never be announced in this manner. For the official annoucements, check the LucasArts site.

I think our little Super Moderator said it all ;):thumbsup:

I'm with Darth333

Jade Empire combat system? Bah... I sure hope they don't ruin the series with a lousy combat system clone with alterations here and there trying to make it "better"...

And I agree wtih Achilles, I would feel safer knowing it is official news rather than a "rumor" <.<

^^^

Who knows. Some people just like to see things stirred up.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bioware on the KotOR series anymore. Truthfully, I would much prefer OE do KotOR 3; the vibe they set in KotOR 2 was quite lovely.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bioware on the KotOR series anymore. Truthfully, I would much prefer OE do KotOR 3; the vibe they set in KotOR 2 was quite lovely.
Agreed. Since I don't think the admins would create a whole new forum based on one person's spam, I suspect that we will hear something official in the near future.

:fist: Damn you moderators and all your inside information:fist:

=>:D<=

Archived