Home

The Official Post Your Pet's Pic® Thread (56K warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuu has: 6 fish < not for long....more soon.......>, 1 cat <Tangerine Spaz Kitty....she's a freak of a cat....very funny.>, 1 cockateil <Cashew....hes 16. That's old for a bird. I call him baldy 'cus he's got a blad spot behind his comb.>,

and no film :( (I'll edit this when I get some pics.)

Fuu

here's an update of Astro Jr, he turns 6 months next week, he's gettin pretty big for a kitten :D He's not as big as he might look in that photo tho, he's shedding his winter coat so his fur is looking puffy in parts :p

*huggles*

1 Oct 2005.jpg

mtfbwya

what type of cat is that I know it just can't place the name?

its very pretty though

what type of cat is that I know it just can't place the name?

its very pretty though

yes, Bristish Blues are renowned for being lookers ... They are commonly in product pics and there was even one in the movie Constantine you may recall :)

Its the round faces and thick velvety fur I love :)

mtfbwya

Here's a pic of my mini Schnauzer:

maya.jpg

:rofl:

Oh boy, I love schnauzers. They're so cute, and they crack me up. Something about their behavior in conjunction to their name. And a mini!? That's a great dog you have there, D33. :D

• 3 months later...

-> Revan

Yee! I love when cats roll up like that. They're so cute... *shivers* Very adorable one you have there.

-> Andrew

Kittens are awesome, if the blunt end of various grim jokes. All the same, they're so skimpy and cuddly...it's almost a let down when the cat grows up to be big and fat. :xp: But that has it's merits too.

This is my cat, Snoopy. I guess he's a mutt, so to speak. He has peculiar hobbies, due to his early childhood spent with our shy dog, who is a golden/lab mix. He loves to get underfoot, literally, and I've nearly met my death by his...paw...on more than several occasions.

Cute cats ! I LOVE cats :D

My Astro is no longer a tiny little kitten, but big and strong like a true British Blue should be :) (see sig)

Heres a pic of him and a friend just taken a few days ago

astandcruz.jpg

Im also very pleased to have finally tracked down the rare "snow bengal" cat from a breeder interstate. They are a variation of the original domestic bengal which was a breed first created in the 1950s by mating a domestic cat with a small mountain leopard !!! The result was a domestic cat with leopards fur !!

here are some standard bengal kittens(note the fur)

bengals.jpg

one of these is actually my kittens mum(taken when it was young of course)

The even rarer snow bengal is the result of breeding a standard bengal with a lighter coloured cat, like a siamese, abysinnian etc. they end up white with dark brown to charcoal spots :) I love Bengals, being only recently descended from wild cats they look AWESOME, like having a little leopard in your house !!

heres a pic and an anim of my 8 week old snow bengal, "Kimba" (I cant wait til he comes home - he gets delivered on 16/1 )

Kimba - 8 weeks old

kimba.jpg

playin around

kimbAnim.gif

Mreow !!

mtfbwya

I love your cat Astro, it almost makes me want a pet... But not quite. I guess a cat is easier than a dog, but I don't think I'd like an animal.

seriously, get one !

apart from the litter, they are very low maintenance. if you let them romp around outside, then you dont even need to worry about that.

As much as I like some dogs they can be really annoying, always demanding attention and yapping til they drive you nuts. Cats do their own thing. I love that sense of self they have...

and you dont have to go all out and get a (sometimes costly) purebreed. All I can recommend is that you get one that is a little kitten, so you can help it form habits that are appropriate to living with your family. eg, getting an older cat that is no good with young kids into a house with youngsters is a bad idea.

Many vets also strongly recommend you get them fixed at an early age, unless you plan to become a breeder. Its much better for only cats with controlled lineages to be bred, as this helps control high poulations and prevalence of common diseases in cats with poorer immune systems.

The black cat in my above pic is a domestic(mixed/unknown) breed. Its only a 5 months younger than my Astro, and is only as long as Astro's tail.... a perfect illustration of the differences in controlled and uncontrolled breeding.

*end cat lecture* :p

• 4 weeks later...

wow...how time flies :)

I received Kimba, the snow bengal kitten a few weeks ago. He definitely does have some cool leopard spots :) He and my other cat, Astro, who is almost 1 year old now get on very well :)

KimbPics.jpg

Now all I need to do is to get a purebreed "Turkish Vankedisi" (aka Turkish Van) - Then I'll have each of the breeds that I love. Turkish Vans are unique cats. Originating from near Lake Van in Eastern Turkey, they are renowned swimmers !

turkish_van.jpg

Mreow !

I have two cats and two dogs. One of the dogs, Lanka, just turned 13, while the other dog, Gimli, is only about 8 months (but massive). The cats are 1 and 2 years old, and just like the dogs, the smaller one is older, though in this case, the younger cat is just insanely obese. Some of these pictures are a little out of date, but they're all I got. The pics are a little big, so I'll just give inks to them.

So, here are the dogs first. The black dog is Lanka (short for Palanka, which is spanish for 'act of friendship', I believe). The brown one is Gimili (aka Gimmers), about 5-6 months ago, maybe more.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/GimliChew.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/GimliBall.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/Lanka.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/LankaBone.jpg

And now for the cats. The striped one is Leo (short for Galileo), and the brown one is Newt (short for Newton, aka Newtsance). The solid black one is Vinni (DaVinci, aka VinVin), who passed away a while ago :(

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/Leo-Blanket.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/Newton-Chair.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/_The_Doctor_/LeoandVinni.jpg

I have a corgi dog, boxer, she's just five month old, just a pup , than i have a cat, who realy loves me too much, right now she is stepping on my keyboard, just to get closer to me, she's a british cat, gray, but a little smaller than they usualy are, i also have two birds, one is realy young, the other i have for 5 years or so now. I will post pic's of 'em, just when i will photo and upload the pic's (oh right, something's wrong with my uploading programm, i'll just do it at my friend's, just later, but they are all realy great.

Archived