Home

Executive Producer for Halo Movie Signed

Zappa_0

There were rumors floating around that Peter Jackson might be directing the upcoming Halo movie - today, Bungie's posted an article that might just floor you. Jackson is on board - as Executive Producer. That means WETA, the special effects house behind the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Jackson's upcoming King Kong, will ALSO be on board, creating the sets and effects that will bring Halo to life. Wow. Just plain... wow. Joe says he and Pete Parsons are headed down to New Zealand next week to meet with Jackson... if you had fears that Bungie would abandon the movie to the heartless Hollywood machine, put them aside.

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=biggorilla

kinghalosm.gif

I imagine that dialogue will be at a minimum in a movie based on Halo. One would think the majority of the 1.5-2 hours will be spent shooting things...

I dunno. There could be a lot of cinematic stuff involving Cortana, Keyes, and all that crew.

I imagine they would tell his story through a series of flashbacks where he doesn't talk. Which reminds me, who the heck are they gonna get to wear the suit?

who the heck are they gonna get to wear the suit?

Early rumors indicate that the role of the Master Chief will be played by a largely unknown person who we've tentatively identified as the alter-ego of the infinitely famous internet phenomenon ET Warrior

Sweet!

^_^

I imagine that dialogue will be at a minimum in a movie based on Halo. One would think the majority of the 1.5-2 hours will be spent shooting things...

Any way you slice it, I don't think this movie will do well. If Peter Jackson strays too far from the pop-liners "Yeah I kick butt. Give me a weapon." and ends up giving real dialog and story to the movie, he's gonna lose most of his halo-playing crowd. If he relents and lets it be a two hour action movie, then it'll be a regular blockbuster movie with no meaty plot.

Of course, it could work out provided Peter makes the battles Lord of the Ring style with thousands of soldiers slaughtering each other with copper bullets and molten plasma...that would be pretty cool actually.

I still think a Halo movie is a bad idea.

I could see a large problem bearing through two hours of Master Chief's one liners.

Very large indeed.

i think that the whole idea is f*^king retarded. jackson isn't that great a producer/director/whatever, (as shown by the over hype and overuse of special effects in the rings movies) and the halo movie IS, a freaking stupid idea.there's not enough to it, to make a movie. its almost as smart as the Doom movie. why don't they just get the rock to play master cheif. and get Paul W.S. Anderson to direct it. cause no matter what, its going to suck.

/rant

Early rumors indicate that the role of the Master Chief will be played by a largely unknown person who we've tentatively identified as the alter-ego of the infinitely famous internet phenomenon ET Warrior [/quote

Sweet!

^_^

And he says I have a superiority complex:p

Nuthin but love, ET

Uwe Boll sucks harder than a town prostitute on the poet's payday. Hopefully the 1.5-2 hours will be shootemup action, as that was the problem with AvP(so much wasted potential)

jackson isn't that great a producer/director/whatever, (as shown by the over hype and overuse of special effects in the rings movies)

Yes. What were they thinking using special fx in LOTR? What, was the real Balrog not available? They could've done all three of those movies without ANY special effects at all. :rolleyes: And what's this over-use of the phrase "over hype" everyone keeps yammering on about? Everything that reaches any degree of popularity is suddenly over hyped to the internet hipsters among us. What did LOTR do that any other film hasn't done to gain popularity? I thought they did comparitively little in the way of marketing as far as merchandise for the film goes. When a Star Wars film comes out, you can't even buy a friggin' box of condoms without Yoda somewhere on the package ffs. And you have a Darth Vader avatar. This is ammusing to me, because you don't like movies that have tons of special effects and are over hyped, right?

I thought they did comparitively little in the way of marketing as far as merchandise for the film goes.

you obviously lived under a rock if you think that is the case.try going to any department store, and look at kids clothing, or kids toys. there is still LOTR merch in the shops! sure, it was full of special effects, some of them were pretty cool, but it didn't do anything to make it feel like the books. it was movie to impress the fans. the reason i said what i did, was because i got sick of people say "OMG LORD OF THE RINGS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. it wasn't. if was good, but it certainly wasn't outstanding. they are not movies that changed my life, and influenced they way i grew up, compared to star wars. i did not play lord of the rings games with my friends when i was young, did you? the shire seems like its straight out of one of the ewok movies!i found this review while looking to see what other people thoguht of it and thankfully, i'm not alone..

And a darth vader avatar? what has that got to do with anything? THIS IS A STAR WARS FORUM. what do you expect?

you obviously lived under a rock if you think that is the case.try going to any department store, and look at kids clothing, or kids toys. there is still LOTR merch in the shops!

I obviously did. Because I go to the kids clothing sections quite a bit. To buy clothes for my kids. I'm not saying the stuff doesn't exist, but I've NEVER SEEN one article of LOTR clothing. And yeah, I've seen the toys. You're talkng about the ones that are 2-3 dollars cheaper (and better quality, I might add) than the average Star Wars toys, right? The toys take up one tiny section. Star Wars and Spiderman get their own isle. All I'm saying is they could've done ALOT more in the way of making a bazillion kajillion dollars had they did 1/4 of what other movies do for merchandising. Namely Star Wars. They didn't though. So where's all this over hype?

the reason i said what i did, was because i got sick of people say "OMG LORD OF THE RINGS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. it wasn't. if was good, but it certainly wasn't outstanding. they are not movies that changed my life, and influenced they way i grew up, compared to star wars. i did not play lord of the rings games with my friends when i was young, did you? the shire seems like its straight out of one of the ewok movies!i found this review while looking to see what other people thoguht of it and thankfully, i'm not alone..

I don't think it's the best movie ever. So you say it wasn't the greatest movie ever, and you found some people who agree on some website? BFD. I'm sure I wouldn't have to search far and wide to find opposing views. Maybe I'm not as impressionable as you, but I've never had a movie "change my life", I don't give a **** how good it was. And isn't it possible that the kids growing up watching LOTR today, feel the same about it that you do about Star Wars? Or that the same kids are playing LOTR games? Oh yeah, I forgot that only your opinion, and the ones at that link that I'll not be going to count for anything.

And a darth vader avatar? what has that got to do with anything? THIS IS A STAR WARS FORUM. what do you expect?

What did I expect? Well, I dunno. I certainly never expected to see or hear someone bandy on about how they don't like over hyped, over the top special effects movies in one breath and then go on to say they like the epitome of special effects and hype, Star Wars, in the next.

Oh yeah, I forgot that only your opinion, and the ones at that link that I'll not be going to count for anything.

not once did i say that my opinion is the only one that counts. this is a public access forum, and as far as i can see, your the one forcing your opinion, which is that i'm wrong, on everyone else. so what if my opinion is flawed? it doesn't mean your "i'm always right" opinion needs to be forced on everyone else.do you feel the need to be a bastard in every thread? it seems it. i simply said that i don't think that the movie will be any good and i don't think that jackson was the best person available for the role.

you should get over yourself.

Archived