Home

Goblet of Fire

RC-1162

Just so theres a lil negativity toward Harry Potter, I'll post my utter disguist at the series of movies. I've never read the books, don't plan on it. I've seen the first movie, nearly vomited, fell asleep from boredom twice, and never finished it.

So all in all: I'll be damned before I give those guys my money:)

i heard that its gonna be rated PG-18 because of "Fantasy Violence". this true?

thats silly!! Alot of kids go to see these movies.... Making it an R rated film would mean signficantly less $$$ in box office sales .... I personally wont be watching it as HP annoys the hell out of me, but my gf and her daughter will probably go :(

mtfbwya

What would I like the actors do? Well sitting in a corner and dieing would be nice, but for some reason I doubt thats gonna happen...

So just because you've lost interest in a series, you wish the actors to die? That... doesn't really make sense. How exactly is it their fault that you dislike the series now?

going to the movies is an expensive night out when you're broke, so i will probably wait for DVD as well. i liked the other movies quite a bit...but as for reading the books, i will not even crack the first one open until the last book of the series is already in stores. i have absolutely no patience and i read incredibly fast, so it'll be an all-in-one shot for me. the first three books came out while i was working at Borders and literally every member of the staff but me read the series religiously. (usually in Advance Readers Editions, which are unsellable and come out before the laydown date) it was kind of hard to avoid all the furor surrounding the books in that atmosphere, also given the fact that we were selling out literally thousands of copies of each one, so i ended up seeing the movies and was surprised at how much i enjoyed them.

needless to say i'm a bit pissed my sister got me into the Lemony Snicket series without telling me the series wasn't finished, as my plan was the same with those =( (of course that movie sucked ass anyway)

So just because you've lost interest in a series, you wish the actors to die? That... doesn't really make sense. How exactly is it their fault that you dislike the series now?

Sorry, I meant to act like their dieing. The actors are good, but the characters aren't. So its not their fault, just the series is bad IMO.

the movies are what make the books look bad. Alfonso Cuaron was a pure a$$. the books alone are ok. but the movies would be better if someone other than these nuts were acting. JK Rowling wants an only British cast. she can get so many other good actors with twice these guys talent.

PS: did you know that D. Radcliffe wants to date Natalie Portman? think what would happen if they married.

a child wizard having control of the Force!!! :lol:

JK Rowling wants an only British cast.
Well, considering everyone in the books is British besides book 4 since we see international wizards. It makes sense that she wants that. I'm sure we'll see more diversity in the next movie. I don't have a problem with any of the actors and actresses in the movies though.

• 1 year later...

Hold on here, was the entire plot of the movie based around Harry touching the goblet in order for him to be transported to the graveyard? Why not just send him a boot in the mail with a note that says "touch me" and whisk him away. Why did the bad-guys need to go through the worlds most convoluted plot of impersonation and psychological influence, when they just could have cast a simple spell while he was sleeping?

Also the goblet was a simple name-dropper, it was meant to pick out 3 names out of all that entered notes and the magical goblet chose 4 names. Logically I would say Harry should have been 1 of the 3, why the goblet picked a fourth doesn't exactly make any sense in the TRI-wizard tournament. Presumably that goblet has picked out 3 names for as long as the tri-wizard thing was held and suddenly it picked 4 names? What?

Okay I am also searching for a list or explanation of the changes made between the book and movie and other things that were omitted. If anyone feels like writing up a list right here or point me towards a certain internet-page, I would be very grateful and you would have my gratitude.

Hold on here, was the entire plot of the movie based around Harry touching the goblet in order for him to be transported to the graveyard? Why not just send him a boot in the mail with a note that says "touch me" and whisk him away. Why did the bad-guys need to go through the worlds most convoluted plot of impersonation and psychological influence, when they just could have cast a simple spell while he was sleeping?

Also the goblet was a simple name-dropper, it was meant to pick out 3 names out of all that entered notes and the magical goblet chose 4 names. Logically I would say Harry should have been 1 of the 3, why the goblet picked a fourth doesn't exactly make any sense in the TRI-wizard tournament. Presumably that goblet has picked out 3 names for as long as the tri-wizard thing was held and suddenly it picked 4 names? What?

Okay I am also searching for a list or explanation of the changes made between the book and movie and other things that were omitted. If anyone feels like writing up a list right here or point me towards a certain internet-page, I would be very grateful and you would have my gratitude.

~snip~ why ~snip~ do you think they did all that? to create suspense. would you like if it was an hour long? Harry goes to Ron's place. Harry gets package. Harry opens package and gets transported away. Harry gets away from voldemort.

anyways, voldemort needed to get back to power, he couldn't just do it in a second. Didn't you pay attention to the movie? He wanted to weaken Harry before he saw him. Technically, there was no point of this story other then

voldemort comes back to power and dumbledore dies

What part of NO FLAMING do you not understand? Rule #1. Read it, live it, love it or there will be consequences. ~ Cz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_book_and_film_versions_of_Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire

That may help. :)

Man, old Threads sometimes never remain dead. Anyway, the Goblet of Fire was the worst of the Harry Potter movies/books so far. I'm not looking foward to the Order of the Phoenix either. The best movie/book is the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I liked the Goblet of Fire movie was okay in my opinion, liked it just as much as Prisoner of Azkaban. But, they did mess a bit of the movie.

I, personally, can not wait for the Order of the Phoenix movie since I enjoyed the book. And the teaser doesn't look all the bad, either.

The Order of the Phoenix I found to be boring, compared to the other three (Not including the Goblet of Fire, since I never read it). I got to Chapter 20 and got bored afterwards. Maybe it was because it was so long, I don't know. What really annoyed me about the Goblet of Fire movie was that they replaced the Director again (I liked both Chris Columbos and Alfonso Cuaron), but Mike Newell didn't do the film well, in my opinion. The acting wasn't as good like in the previous movies, minor characters like Snape were reduced to only one line and Harry has suddenly become really touchy, since the POA (He was a bit touchy in POA, but not as bad as he was in the GOF).

Archived