Home

Goblet of Fire

RC-1162

I'll definitely see it the first day it comes out. This is really the only movie I'm really looking forward to this coming month. I can't wait :D And I hope they follow the books as closely as possible.

I hear they're not including the stuff that doesn't affect harry directly. Like for example I heard there's no Ludo Bagman. But thats just a rumor I guess.

I want to see them switch actors because the other dudes need to grow the f**k up. They are like 17 year olds seriously pretending to be 13-14 year olds. Grow up.
Are you saying that you wouldn't pretend to be younger than your age for all the money they make?

And Emma Watson is 16 and Hermione is 15 in the movie. Not a big difference.

Ahh yes. Now that I think about it you are correct. Well, she is hot enough that I don't care how old she looks. I always looked at least 2 years older than I really was when I was a little younger, like when I was 12 I would get "how old are you? 14? 15?" so I don't think it is that big of a deal. I guess there could be problems in the later movies with age, but let's not worry about that right now ;)

I think they should keep the same cast as long as possible.

It depends on how quickly they make them. So far, its been one about every two years. So the actor are aging two years for every year of their charactors.

By the final movie, the actors will be in their early 20's playing 17-18 year olds. If you look at Buffy the Vampire Slayer for example, most of the actors are in their mid 20's playing teenagers. I think Nicholas Brendon (Xander) was the oldest. He was something like 26-27 when the show started.

Also, we have become accustomed to these actors. Changing them would just seem odd to many people, including myself. If they can reasonably look the age of the charactors, they shouldn't change them. Anyway, thats where makeup comes in.

But Rupert Grint is getting bloody tall. He's like 17 or something and is finally starting to look it. He won't be able to paly the part for much longer.

I don't see why not. make-up and a few tricks with lighting and directing will make them look young enough so it's not entirely ridiculous. It would look FAR stupider to change actors after you've past the halfway mark. It was bad enough having to change dumbledore for the last one.

And as far as I'm aware moeller, what you posted in your spoiler tag is entirely correct.

Archived