Home

Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]

Kristy Kistic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*resists temptation to say MrVorion is dumb*

I would call that persistence. I play LS myself, but I don't try to turn them to the light for months on end. Nothing works. Either one of the masters survives, or you fight them all.

Thank you for resisting. :)

I could never let both Masters survive. I always try to redeem Yuthura Ban, and slaughter Master Uthar. I'll never help him! If not, I'll kill them both. It's more fun to fight all the Sith students anyway. I enjoy dying at least once.

Thank you for resisting. :)

I could never let both Masters survive. I always try to redeem Yuthura Ban, and slaughter Master Uthar. I'll never help him! If not, I'll kill them both. It's more fun to fight all the Sith students anyway. I enjoy dying at least once.

No problem. :)

I helped Yuthura on Korriban, but didn't choose the correct options. I ended up leaving her on Korriban. I didn't want to say I wasn't a Sith and proud of it, since pride leads to the Dark Side. :)

I was apathetic to the starving family on Tatooine, I killed those piggies in the bar, I killed all the Sandpeople, and slaughtered Griff. I just enjoyed doing bad things. Being the uber-Sith Lord was great. Except those Sith would never bow down before me. :lightning

Well, killing sand people is hardly a evil thing that gives you DSP. You can finish the quest the regular way, and give the dragon pearl to the storyteller for a nice section. THEN you open up a basket just behind him. Every tusken goes grazy and you kill then. You get the dragon pearl back too, and another special stick along with all other items.

As for Griff, he sooo deserves it. Only thing that keeps me grom filleting his lekku alive is Mission.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting really attached to this game and the whole Bastila Revan thing. I did it in this order Tatoonie, Manaan, Kashyyk so far, and in Tatoonie Bastila got with my guy told him her feelings and such. Just since then I really haven't had the convo to reaffirm it even after I always have her in my party n such. This game is really well made through all the twists and turns.

I didn't really get super-crying when I lose Bastilla emotional, but I was really interested in the characters. But when I was DS after I killed someone I could've helped I really felt evil. And I loved it, something about how you could kill them right there and they couldn't do anything to stop you. :)

I just loved this game, its just sheer brilliance.

I played first time as light side, or maybe more of universal.

I saved a different file but I just wanted to see what happens if I killed dustil. Poor Carth he was on the verge of tears when he blamed me, It really hurt when he said “I wish never had met you” :cry8:

But I was absolutely shocked when

I found out I was Revan.

Even though throughout the game was on the path of the light side, I actually succumbed to Bastilla’s little speech on the temple and fell to the dark side.

I really didn’t want to kill Carth after I defeated Malak. But I had no choice. I rather do it then let Bastilla.

Also I admit, I in fact enjoyed it when I forced Zallbar to kill Massion. I guess there is that dark taint within me :dev7:

Added spoiler tags ~ ChAiNZ.2da

I am glad to see I am not the only one with a problem with DS, I have completed both endings but I have to take it from the Uknown temple as I don't have the heart to do a full game. Killing Jolee was difficult but the worst one was force pursuading Zalbaar to kill mission, I ended up reloading and killing them both (I know it doesn't make sense).

When the revan revelation came I think I was kicking myself for missing the obvious seen in the cutscene than shocked.

MEGA-BUMP!

Can't remember if I said this already, but I was reading a walkthrough, so I read this passage from it:

You then see a movie with a bunch of scenes which are supposed to show that you are Revan...

And then one of the dialog options in the walkthrough:

I'm not Revan anymore...

Actually led me to believe that it was all a trick by Malak, a kind of Sith Mind Trick. When I discovered the truth in the games, it was a slap to the face...

Unfortunately my loving nephew spoiled the part about the pc being Revan. He has the xbox version and so kindly informed me that I was Revan before I got to that part.

So that wasn't a shocker for me. However, I had owned the game for a couple months and had shelfed it because I didn't immediately like it. If he hadn't told me what he did, I probably wouldn't have pulled it back from the shelf and finished the game. I'm so glad I did. :)

I just loved this game, its just sheer brilliance.

I really didn’t want to kill Carth after I defeated Malak. But I had no choice. I rather do it then let Bastilla.

Also I admit, I in fact enjoyed it when I forced Zallbar to kill Massion. I guess there is that dark taint within me :dev7:

Added spoiler tags ~ ChAiNZ.2da

Well, I always think there should be an option NOT to kill mission, seeing that even as you are evil she will kinda follow you around... and she makes a good house pet.

Oh well. Oh, where do you get the outfit in your sig? Its cool.

^Yeah, I thought the option "Get lost mission we dont need you anymore" (or somthing like that) I thought she would have ran off with Carth. But no she had to stay behind. Oh well.

Heres the link for the robes: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/8650.html

But you need RedHawke's Bastila's Clothes For Female PC's which is here http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7833.html

You also need to do some fidgeting to get the new robes for your PC but I'm sure you can do it.

I unfortunately found the games technical faults a hinderance to the emotional aspects of the story. True, finding out you were Revan or that Bastila turned was surprising and in a way emotional, but seeing the same hand gestures from the characters you've seen throughout the game or the lack of an emotional soundtrack really didn't help me get into it.

Here's to Kotor 3 putting my complaints to rest

I enjoyed mercilessly killing my party members. Mission...ask Zaalbar to kill her (not force persuade) so you kill him as well, stupid cryptic old man and cat-woman, Death-fielded, and Carth left to die on some desolate world in the unknown regions. The only emotion I felt was satisfaction. ;)

You know a game is good when you go through a wide array of emotions while playing it. You know a game is *great* when you then have to play again and again in hope of reliving those emotions all over again... Yep, KotOR is indeed one of those *great* games.

I wouldn't say I got as emotional as some people here but there is a few things that really got me, the first one being when we find out who Revan really is (that was a real shocker, that almost bested the Luke-I-am-your-father thing o_O)

But the one thing that really got me is this... The very first time I played the game I played as a LS female and I managed to complete the romance subplot with Carth. I turned down Bastilla's offer and finished the game lightsided. Everything was all fine and dandy. But then I started wondering what would've been Carth's reaction if I had gone DS instead 'cause, you know, he loves me and all, so I was really curious to see what he was going to do about it...

I reloaded the saved game I had made right before talking to Bastilla at the Temple and went DS. You see him run away like a big wuss at the beach (leaving Mission to be killed OMG...), but he then shows up later on the Star Forge to try to turn us back, but we can only kill him. NOOO! :cry8:That totally broke my heart... I really wanted to be turned back. At that point I really thought we could ('cause the dialogues really seem to suggest that we can), so I tried just about every goddamn thing to get it to work but nothing would. I became desperate so I visited Bioware's forums to get some help and found out that there was another possible ending but it was never completed and implemented! NOOOOOOOO!!! The horror! :cry8: But if you have the PC version you can listen to the audio files containing the missing dialogues!! And let me tell you it's a really sad ending indeed...

Carth manages to turn you back to the lightside, Bastilla gets real upset so you end up killing her and you then share a brief moment with Carth before the Star Forge gets blown to bits by the Republic...... :cry8:

It's fitting end... but sad as hell. :( Anyways, since that day I absolutely *cannot* play a DS female, I just can't bare seeing Carth die... So everytime I want to be DS I play a male PC, that solves my problem. ;)

Archived