Home

Overly Emotional? [Spoilers]

Kristy Kistic

Ok maybe its just me, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same experiences I did when playing KotOR for the first time.

1) I got highly upset when I lost Bastila on the Leviathan. (I thought she

was gone for good.) :mad:

2) I almost cried (well I did a little) when Malak actually gave his

short speech and died. :cry6:

3) I felt amazingly guilty when I went back to my temple save game

and played it out as dark side (Like I was doing something

wrong.) :roleyess:

4) I did cry when Vandar looked at Dodonna and said "No! Bastila is using

her battle meditation against us! :cry6:

There were other instances that I don't remember offhand and playing

through several times later some things still get to me. Maybe I'm

just a lil too emotional? :jab:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's a well made game for you. Remember the shock players get when they realise that they are Revan? I even worried about Trask and hoped he'd make it out alive somehow. But then I figure out that he's dead so I always kill Bandon to avenge him, despite my lightsidedness.

I got pretty guilty with my DS exploration too. But for the most part, it was more shade of emotion, rather than all out. With TSL, it was more pronounced (but I pretty much lived that game for 4 solid days, where I put of a tent blanket around my PC to keep out all light save my monitor, and effectively depriving myself of all sensory input save given by TSL. Needless to say, I had interesting dreams during those 4 nights).

Well,

If K1 was food I think it would be safe to say the first week I played it I was craving it 24/7 :xp:

I got very emotional (not crying, more the emotion the devs want you to feel) at the end in both LS an DS situations, though I liked the feeling the DS ending gave me more :evil2: I also really got "involved" with the game so-to-speak at the final battles on

The Star Forge with Vandar, and Malak, and Bastila, etc.

The cutscenes made me feel like I was really in one of the films with my PC fighting the forces of evil, (or causing it).

TSL never really did anything for me, the characters I never really got to know well and the really strong parts of the game I was only somewhat convinced. I did like the parts where you saw some

of your old party members, like Carth and Bastila

but the rest of the game never really got to me the way K1 did.

Don't worry i was a bit emotional too. Seeing Bastila sacrifice herself to save me on the Leviathan then viewing the clip of her being tortured really got to me. And when we see her on the Unkown world and she reveals that she's fallen, i felt crushed, like it was my fault. But when you finally turn her back its very uplifting.

I think that the fact it draws so many emotions from you is a sign of a great game and great story, something i thought was lacking in TLS just didn't feel the same about any of the characters.

3) I felt amazingly guilty when I went back to my temple save game

and played it out as dark side (Like I was doing something

wrong.) :roleyess:

Yeah, The first time I did that I felt awful. Especially after I invested so much emotionally in those characters after completing their side-quests.

I played DS once. Never got past Dantooine. One, it was too much, having to kill those innocents. I got a little emotional on Taris ("you're robbing me?" from an elderly man) and I just couldn't take it. Maybe I'm a big wuss, but I can't stand the Dark Side. Besides, do they have to make you ugly if you go DS?

I played DS once. Never got past Dantooine. One, it was too much, having to kill those innocents. I got a little emotional on Taris ("you're robbing me?" from an elderly man) and I just couldn't take it. Maybe I'm a big wuss, but I can't stand the Dark Side. Besides, do they have to make you ugly if you go DS?

I'm like you man, except that I managed to complete on DS many times. There's just some things I can't do. Some DS options are kind of funny but robbing a poor widow or some sick old man is just wrong man. Just wrong...

This is the thing I love about KotOR. It causes lots of emotions.

Yeah,you get all ugly if you go DS. Instant phail.

K1 invoked a lot of emotions in me too, mostly at the end. Fighting Bastila and the whole coversation with her and trying to save her was touching, then the fight with Malak with the music and the scenery was just incredible. I remember one game were, as Malak was about to die the music reached it peak right as he said his last few words. Amazing.

when i say bandon i wanted to kill him Cause of trask

i freaked out when i found out who revan was i cant do spoilers so i will be vauge

fighting bastila i couldnt do it

tsl wasnt that good i dint feel close to the characters like i did in kotor 1

im lightsided i cant stand doing something evil for ever ds point i have to do 5 or 6 good points

i also had trouble redoing the temple as DS...after i finished what needed to be done there, i didn't want to face the "what happened?" conversation with Carth, so I gave up instead. =\ I still haven't tried to make it through the game all DS.

my most emotional moment by far in the two games was the fall of Atris my first time through TSL. i was in complete disbelief. even though i was a lightsider i was so angry i killed her without an offer of redemption and no hesitation...and then immediately felt like a horrible person. =D

I could never do dark side. Once, on light side, I threatened the Ithorian who had HK. Bastila sounded so dissapointed I reloaded.

Things that choked me up in K1, in no particular order:

1) When Bastila finds out her dad is dead.

2) Carth's son.

3) Taris being destroyed.

4) You're Reven.

5) Dantooine destroyed.

6) The whole ark after Bastila gets captured.

7) Malak's death.

There were other things that made me emotional but those were the heavyweights.

There is no emotion...

j/k. I'm surprised noone did that yet. If I do play DS, I skip all dialog, and even then it seems wrong.

When I found out I was Revan... oh, geez. I read a walkthrough, and I thought Malak was playing a Sith mind trick forcing you to act like Revan, then say "I'm not Revan anymore..." so they would know the trick was over. When I realized it was true...

I always felt a little guilty with the prospect of killing the jedi masters in TSL. Aside from Vrook. >_>

@BattleDog

Yeah, I was pissed and sad at the same time when Taris was destroyed. That was probably the biggest emotional blow KotOR dealt me. It also gave me great reason to play LS and kick Malak's rump.

I was actually happy when Taris was destroyed, because it guaranteed i wouldn't have to deal with it a second time in that game =D (my apologies to Juhani, of course)

Killing the Jedi masters feels like a hollow victory each time...the worst for me was Kavar. I'd never liked Vrook and I'm pretty indifferent about Zez Kai-Ell...but Kavar has that whole friend vibe going on that I'd gotten really used to, so when i finally played DS i felt like i was betraying his trust.

K1:

- The whole Leviathan scene was excellent and i felt like i'm really there

- Everything involving Bastila on UW and Star Forge. Going light side was rewarding, but going DS was much more exciting.

I never played Dark Side throughout the entire game. I was light side a couple of times, but i prefer playing neutral. Face it, some of those schuttas deserved a DS response. :D

K2:

- The meeting with Atris. That academy had a certain cold feel about it.

- The meeting with the Jedi on Dantooine was really emotional (LS)

- The closer i was to Nihilus, the more excited i was (especially because i buffed him up a bit :D)

Archived