Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Idona and Valda," Riebe murmured to herself. "Right."

Then, smiling at Idona, she answered, "In a way, I'm still trying to get used to being alive. When we Sith Hunters were first altered, I was..." she trailed off thoughtfully. "Sixteen or seventeen. At the time, I had lived approximately a fifth of a human's natural life expectancy." She shook her head as though still trying to comprehend.

"In some ways, I'm still seventeen," she said finally. "My body tells me I'm nineteen now, the logical portion of my mind tells me I'm more than two thousand, but..." she trailed off, at a loss for words.

Gladsheim Station: Resturant

Valda: Its understandable, humans were never meant to live as long as you have, and you still have a long life ahead of you. Based on your current rate of aging you have another 162,000 years ahead of you. Now if you add in advances in technology and medicine it is very possible that you will live beyond that...

Riebe laughed and shook her head. "My goodness! I get so caught up with trying to figure out what to do next or simply being bored, I never bothered to calculate how much longer I have." She shook her head again and shrugged. "What do you think, ladies? When I reach that end, do you think I'll still be thinking like a daredevil teenage Sith Hunter or will I have settled down and become more like the grandmother who tells stories of what she used to do?"

Gladsheim Station

Idona: That is up to you. Valda and I have long since passed that age and we are active as ever. Of course our situations are a little different.

Godwyn: Your older then 162,000 years old?

Idona *smiling*: Yes, much older in fact.

((I could have sworn we decided they were well under 100,000 years old.))

Streets of Mos Eisely, Tatooine

*Kioet, uses his jetpack and flies up onto one of the highest rooftops near the cantina, activates his stealth field generator, quickly scans the area, and finds Farran saying something to Artemis*

Kioet over comm to Aren: I found them. Give me a sec, and you will be able to hear what they are saying.

*Kioet zooms in on Farran and activates enhances the audio input so both Aren and himself are able to hear the conversation*

Prisoner Cell

*The alarm and noise stops abruptly*

Zey: What's going on now?

*The cell door opens and a blue-painted protocol droid carrying a tray of food and drink walks in, another more menacing droid stands behind the entrance, aiming a disruptor rifle at her*

Zey: What the hell is this?

Protocol droid (in female droid voice): This is your supper. Enjoy.

*The protocol droid walks out of the cell, and the door closes*

Zey: Bread and water? What the hell is this place.

*Zey takes the bread and examines it, nothing appears to be wrong with it. She bites into it and realises it's stale, she shrugs it off and continues eating*

Zey: I am not going to drink the water. Maybe I can try and get some sleep now.

*Zey goes back to her corner and drifts off to sleep*

((Well, yeah, but it depends on how long you consider a 'year' to be....

j/k - I don't remember :p

Cracken: Check PMs))

Mos Eisley, Tatooine

*Farran's conversation with Artemis is a bit warbled and indistinct*

Aren: *over comm* They're using a scrambler. Paranoid... you'll have to get a bit closer before your systems can override it.

----------

Cantina

*Aren, holding her comlink, descends in a turbolift into the hidden lower levels of the Cantina*

----------

Throne Room

Rwos: Besides me, at least Nereli, and certainly others. I don't know which. But they are all strictly under Nereli's command. With the exception of Gilian, but she already has all the pertinent information, as you know.

----------

Korriban

*The elf woman cautiously emerges from the shuttle, clutching her arm. The black mark is inflamed*

Elf: *staring up at the temple* He's in there... the second.

*She walks to the base of the cliff and finds a foothold, then begins climbing, moving quickly and agilely*

Streets of Mos Eisely, Tatooine

Kioet: Damn.

*Kioet walks along the rooftops, getting closer to Farran. He looks over the side and spots a pair of jawas napping, and kicks some rubble down at them and growls.*

Kioet: Not much farther to go...this stealthy approach is getting old. Oh look, a nice swoop.

*Kioet flies off the rooftop and kicks an ithorian's off his swoop mid-flight, and speeds towards Farran's location, while maneuvering to avoid mad blaster fire coming from the Ithorian.*

Kioet: So you wish to toy with me, eh?

*Kioet turns the swoop 180 degrees, and flies at turbo past the ithorian, then turns around and back towards Farran's location as the ithorian keels over and starts spraying blood, caused by the small vibroblade that Kioet stuck in its chest*

Kioet: Fool.

*Kioet gets within 150 meters of Farran and jumps off the swoop and flies up onto a rooftop and kneels*

Kioet over comm to Aren: This close enough?

*Kioet zooms in and enhances the audio input once more*

((BD: um, nope and don't see why it would matter anyways))

Gladsheim Station: Resturant

Idona: I would say very different. Since we've been talking about age I'll begin there. You can expect to live for another 160,000 years. We on the otherhand expect to live until the end of time and fight in the last battle. Depending on when that is, there is a likelyhood we will see hundreds of millions of years and still remain like we are today. Essentially while you are long lived we are immortal.

There are of couse other differences in our respective situations.

----------------------------

Throne room

Svafa: How well do you trust Nerelli with this sort of information and which other blades would you trust to be at the interrogation?

Coruscant, Shipyard

*Deac stands at the gangway to a Correlian Corvette, the Akaga. A Republic solider walks up to him and salutes*

Soldier: Sir! We're all set to depart!

*Deac boards*

Deac: Right. How long will this journey take?

Soldier: 3 days all being well.

Deac: Right. Notify me as soon as we arrive.

---------------------------------------

Tower overlooking dock

*Gamma wheezes*

Gamma: Fool. Now we've both missed him...

Omega: You forget something. *He places his left finger next to Gamma's temple*

Omega: I can survive in space. You're an obsolete model. *He fires a blaster shot from his finger, killing Gamma. He then dives over the tower and runs to the Corvette, attaching himself to the side and crawling into an empy manifold.

Korriban

*By the time the Elf-woman reached the top of the sliff, Irvine was well into the temple, walking, if not wandering, searching for what ever answer presents itself.

Irvine wanders by observing the meny things he havent pad any attention to before, the many shrines and architecture depicting either a slain Jedi by a powerful Sith, the epic battle between the two, or purely a memorial or a resting place for the Sith.

When he started it was only glances, but eventually his curiosity arouse. Soon he'd taken the time to observe each piece, each Sith warrior shown nothing but praisal for their conquests and victories only to be beaten by the menacing Jedi.

Oddly enough for him to notice, as much as his curosity increased, he began to start regreting the life he lived.*

----------------------------

Coruscant: Jedi Temple

*Volmount quietly walks through the hallways unchallenged. He eventually walks to the Council chambers, wondering about how well the chambers had been kept all these years.

To his surprise a member was still around...*

Jedi Council Chamber

*Master Gavaan, the only Kel Dor member of the Council sits meditating in his seat*

Gavaan: So many important decisions made here. It seems to me that you also have an important descision ahead of you. *Opens eyes* Speak you mind and I will offer you council.

*Volmount turns to Gavaan and removes his hood. And then makes a respectful bow.*

Volmount "Yes, yes I have. I am Master Jedi Volmount Dorran. Well, as you more then likely already know, I haven't been trained under the ranks of this order. I was a young padawan during the near end of the Clone Wars. Myself and my Master, Master Gor Dir, along with my long time friend Master Siremen Chi, who was of course a padawan to Master Jedi Torimiss."

Gavaan: You survived the purge also? I was but a youngling, on my way to be taken to the temple for training when the message to go into hiding was put out. Now tell me, why have you come here again? Do you seek to return to the order...or do you have another agenda?

Throne Room

Rwos: I trust that Nereli will follow whatever promises he gives, and I trust that any Blade present would follow his direct orders. Blades do not take the command structure lightly, as it's only in effect when absolutely necessary. Any Blade in Nereli's inquest will do what he tells them, and Nereli won't violate Council mandate. Only Gilian and myself are not under his command, and I trust her absolutely in this case.

----------

Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Aren: *on comm* Yes.

*Farran and Artemis' voices come over the audio input*

Farran: ...ridiculous. What do you mean suicidal?

Artemis: Too much of a risk. We don't have the protection we used to...

Farran: We still have a few Vanguards, dormant.

Artemis: We can't activate Vanguards without the Blades tracking them down - I don't even know how she's hiding Csuhen from them.

Farran: Csuhen. Seven hells. You know, he was supposed to be our weapon. What happened? And just what the hells is he, anyway? Did you ever figure that out? This 'Sleeper' business? I'd ask Aren, but...

*The conversation begins getting muffled again*

Coruscant: Council Chambers

Volmount "Yes. When we arrived here the garrison of clone troopers were wiped out. It didn't take us long ot find out about the signal being changed from everyone to come back here, to go into hiding. So the few of us got as meny droids and people who desided that change wasn't a good thing and left. But not before it was Siremen who suggested that it was more likey going to be a long hull, and the best way to do it would be to go to a place where no one has gone before. So we managed to commandeer a few supply freighters, mining equipment, a couple of small mobile refineries and terriforming equipment. And escaped orbit a little at a time, under the guise of business contracts."

*Volmount walks over to a window and peers out into the horizon*

Volmount "It's been too long since I've seen this sight you know." *turns to face Gavaan*

Jedi Temple.

*A Jedi student comes up to Amarante Kaya and bows.*

Student: Master Kaya, Master Flax has requested you speak with him, he is currently on the 51st floor, in the training wing giving a lesson on lighsabre technique.

Hyperspace

*The Halcyon speeds on course to C-34-T-78.*

*Drago and Sellenna are playing chess. Drago has doffed his armour and laid it out for cleaning, he has stripped down to his shirtsleeves.*

Sellenna: You're letting me win.

Drago: No, you just want to pretend I'm letting you win because that would mean you have no real tactical skill.

Sellenna: *Innocently* Why, my Lord, I have no idea what you mean.

Drago: Exactly, you wear silks, you spend hours on your hair and make up, you flutter your eyelids at every man you pass and play cat's cradle with your maids.

*Sellenna fixes him with her grey-green eyes.*

Sellenna: Is it not worth my taking my time over my appearence. *As she speaks she widens her eyes slightly.*

Drago: There you go again. Check.

*He moves.*

Sellenna: Why you...you distracted me.

Drago: You're avoiding my question.

Sellenna: *Defensively* Maybe I'm offended.

*She moves.*

*Drago shakes his head slightly.*

Drago: No, your just avoiding the question.

*He moves.*

Sellenna: Because you know tha answer, no Agamarian woman can hold a position of power, we have no rights.

Drago: You are protected by the code.

Sellenna: The code! It protects us and imprisons us in the same word. We can't fight so every position is closed to us.

*She moves.*

Drago: You know why that is, the code is very ancient, it is from another time.

Sellenna: And now it is hidiously outdated.

Drago: I agree but it is iron and cannot be changed, there were good reasons for that.

*He moves, then takes a sip of wine.*

Sellenna: I am well aware of the reasons but it leaves women with no power, the only power we can ever have is through a man.

Drago: So you dress yourself up to trap men, and yet you never married, because that way you are not tied to any one man.

Sellenna: You aren't as stupid as you look.

*She moves.*

Drago: I don't look that stupid to begin with.

Sellenna: Well you missed the important part, who would ever suspec the frivilous women in the expensive slik dress with gold wire in her hair.

Drago: Ah, I do the same thing.

*She gives him a funny look and makes her move.*

Drago: Missdirection, I also dazzle my adversary with fancy armour and cunning manuvaurs.

*He moves.*

Sellenna: Well you're not as good at it as I am.

*She moves.*

Drago: No?

Sellenna: No, check mate.

Drago: Ah, well at least most of my men have joined the Holy Dead.

Gladsheim Station: Throne Room, Side Room

Vidar: What kind of promises would Nereli be willing to make? Rather, would he agree and order the other blades to remain silent about what he heres in the interrogation?

--------------------------------

Resturant

*A droid comes up to the table before Reibe can respond*

Droid: Good evening my Lord and Ladies, I'll be serving you today. To begin with what would you like to drink? Hunter Idona?

Idona: Mead thank you.

Droid: Very well, Healer Valda?

Valda: Mead as well.

Droid: Very good. Master Godwyn?

Godwyn: Corellian Ale if you have any.

Droid: Yes we do. Sith Hunter Riebe?

Gladsheim Station: Throne Room, Side Room

Rwos: Anything he thinks wouldn't get in the way of his mission here or would violate what the Council wants him to do. He can order silence from the other Blades, but as a hand of the Council the Council will learn what happens here.

Riebe smiled and shook her head. "A simple glass of water will do," she answered. Turning to Idona, she grinned and remarked, "Never could appreciate alcoholic drinks." With a slight smile, she went on, "And am I going to meet anyone here that doesn't know my name? Even your droids seem to know me!" A mock shudder went through her and she said, "I'm a bit awkward around people I don't know that seem to know me."

Archived