Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

((Edited. Thanks Admiral.))

Elysium - Blackwald Forest

Strider stood next to Riebe and Alyssa, his arms crossed in front of him. "I should be alright - if I forget anything I'll just follow Riebe. She's better at remembering than I," he said with a slight smirk.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elysium: Blackwald

Odin: No it isn't. You two stand guilty of Consipiracy to kidnapping, attempting kidnapping of a child of the Aesir, tresspassing upon a world I protect, I can further add in charges of attempting to instigate a war between the Aesir and the Blades, and between the Aesir and the Olympians.

Given what you said during Gerd's departure, I have come to the conclusion that while your actions could very well have caused two wars which would have been very bloody it was not your intention and you acted as children without thinking about the consquences of you did. I should also add that Blade Nereli's actions on board Gladsheim Station helped me reach that conclusion. So I ask you Blade Gillian and you Orion why did you attempt to kidnapp Gerd. For curiosity sake I must ask what where your plans if you succeded...

---------------------------------------

Elysium: Blackwald, another part

Idona: Interesting...

*Idona reached up to a leaf and broke off the icicle that was hanging from it.*

You have just stepped from a space station to a world hundreds of lightyears away, into a the remains of a battlefield, and are about to embark upon a hunt. Yet not a single question. Not how did we get here, what happened here, what the prey is, or why we are hunting them. Why is that?

Orion: I... have nothing to say. I want... No. You were going to use the girl as a tool. I was used as a tool once, and my daughter after me, who did not survive it. She died - no, was murdered - to fulfill a prophecy. At the very least she is out of your hands now. Kidnapping? Hardly. I would have saved her. Whether she knew it or not.

*Gilian looks at Odin, then takes out her white contacts. Her Blade mask shrinks away fully revealing her face.*

Gilian: You know, it seems to me that since I first met you Aesir your words rarely bear complete truth in them. Everything you tell us is designed to manipulate. This has held true from my first meeting with an Aesir to this present conversation. Calling our actions those of children is really only another way of saying that our actions were not those which would most convenience you. It is also plainly untrue as I thought long and hard on the consequences of my actions today. I had to take the knowledge that you are only concerned with that which will benefit your people most - even to the detriment of the entire galaxy - into account. You asked trust, yet you gave us no reason to trust you. You are not gods, that we should give you unearned faith.

That said, I did succeed here. I stopped the Hunter from claiming another victim. If this is fate, I played my part. I broke your laws, but I have broken many laws and your laws are not more important to me than any others. You charge me with attempting to start a war. I say any war is preferable to the destruction of the universe. I do regret that I could not save Cyrus Duncan. As for Gerd... I would have not chosen her loss. But it was not my choice to make.

Odin: Anelya, you have had a very few dealings with us, only three. Of those the first time you encounted us, you lied refusing to acknowledge that you were a Blade, and then pretending to be ignorant of who the Blades were. I will grant you that the first two times you dealt with us were not under the best circumstances.

I called your action that of Children, because you acted without understanding what would happen or even full knowledge of the blood scrolls. You also based your actions on assumptions that are false. This is the first you have met me, yet you assumed I do not care for this galaxy. A galaxy which I and my people have protected for ages. Perhaps through Orion's retelling of our meeting you assumed that because I valued Gerd's life over millions of others I was only interested in my own people. However, did you ever wonder why I value her life so?

Orion says Gerd is just a tool to me. Her past and lack of knowledge of who I am clouds her perspective on the importance of Gerd. Orion, you were going to use Gerd even if you don't want to admit it, she was going to be your way to become a mother again. However, I say this with truth she would have killed you in order to return to us. We are her family and she is very much a daughter to me.

Now, please answer. Why did you decide to try and kidnap Gerd? Orion you wanted her dead, just as much as Sejhan does. Also what did you hope to accomplish? These are not unreasonable questions to ask given the circumstances.

*Gilian waits for Orion to speak*

Orion: That she was a daughter to you means nothing. Many parents destroy their children. I never wanted Gerd dead. I was only willing to sacrifice her if it was absolutely necessary. Don't presume to compare me to Sejhan. I hoped to save her and my home. I failed... to do both, at least. I believe you assisted in that failure.

You speak as if you actually cared about her, or any of us. But I know better than to be fooled by powerful, self-styled seers. You have many pretty words, but the things you say are still ugly.

Gilian: Odin, I take offense at that, and I must respond. I have a nearly perfect memory and I recall exactly what transpired during my first encounter with anyone related to the Aesir. I told no lie. Your operatives attacked me and threatened me with no more than verbal provocation. I took no offense at this, but it certainly gave me warning. As I was not acting as a Blade at the time, I informed your operative that my allegiances lay with myself. She then accused me of lying. She then threatened me again, though she failed to act on her promise to kill me if I did not answer - a lie in itself. I told her I would not answer. As I wanted to know what she knew of the Blades before proceeding, and with the knowledge that in many places those who are fooled into identifying themselves as covert Blades are killed on sight, I asked her what a Blade was. Rather than answering, she told me that my actions had sentenced Ida and Termand Rwos to death. Also a lie, as they are not dead, and if it had not been a lie I am surprised you would cause a war yourself over something so incredibly petty. All this, simply for peacefully offering my help. You can perhaps see why I do not trust the Aesir. Now it may be foolish to form an opinion based on only one encounter but I have been told a great deal indeed by those who have dealt with Aesir more times than me. All of this information has confirmed my opinion. Even Termand Rwos has told me that the Aesir tend to have an eerie consistency in their actions and methods. I did not see any reasonable way to deal with you, so I did not.

I believe that you do care about this galaxy. I do not believe you care about mine. I also do not believe that you have the full comprehension of the future that you seem to believe any more than I do.

Idona: We are on a world the galaxy proper doesn't know about, it is called Elysium and this is Blackwald Forest. Before I get to the prey, how dangerous would you say were the Sith you hunted?

--------------------------

Elysium: Blackwald, another part

Odin: Anelya, the attack on you took place after provoking the Valkyrie in charge of that mission. Even if just it was just verbal...the Valkyrie also did not lie, upon reporting in she did request a death sentence to be issued for Rwos and Ida. I am the only one that can approve such a sentence and after review of what happened I did not allow it. You wanted to know what she knew of the Blades, she wanted to know how you would react under a threat. As far as your lies, while you never said you were not a Blade or knew who they were, you did attempt to give that impression, at least that is how the Valkyrie viewed your actions. From my perspective that is lies of omission... It is unfortuneate that, that incident was your first encounter with us. As far what others have said, the only thing I will say in regards to that is that they do not know everything we do, nor the reasons behind our actions.

The main thing I care about is saving as many innocent lives when the final battle begins...Now will what did you intended to do with Gerd after you finished with Duncan? What did you think would be accomplished by having Orion take her?

Imperial Base

Man: Who? *a smile in his voice* I am Nobody. That is my name. I am the agent of the Empire. If anyone asks who confronted you, tell them Nobody did. And I will take the datacore.

----------

Gilian: Firstly one who sees verbal provocation as grounds for physically deadly or damaging retaliation is not one whom I would trust as an ally, although it is one whom I would think to trust in the role of an enemy.

Secondly one who believes threats are the best way of responding to a potential ally or enemy is also not one whom I would trust as an ally, though it is one I would like as an enemy, for they will often have fewer allies.

Thirdly the Valkyrie lied by omission as well, as she did not tell me she would request the death sentence. She told me it was already done. Thus I do not see why you have a problem with my lies of omission.

Now if we are done with that, as for the circumstances being unfortunate, I do not agree. It is always good to see both the good and evil in any creature before making a judgement, if possible. A facade is always unfortunate, even when one is necessary.

As for Gerd? I intended to judge for myself what I ought to do with her. It would have been wrong to decide her fate one way or another without understanding her first. I intended to protect her life first, then to see whether she deserved that protection. I am perhaps better than most at discerning the evil in a being. What is unfortunate is that I never got the chance. Once the Shadows arrived the only viable choice was to allow Orion to take her. Perhaps you might say a better choice would have been to convince her to leave Gerd to you. But I had no way of knowing what your intentions are concerning the girl, for good or for evil, whether she was your daughter or your prisoner or both. I still do not know this, as I have only your word and the words of your underlings to confirm it. Were it within my power or knowledge to find Gerd, I would still need to make that judgement.

Are you satisfied?

Imperial Base

*Deac chuckles*

Deac: You must really think I'm an idiot if I'm going to fall for that one, "Nobody". Unless your parents were really sick in giving you a name.

*Deac shifts toward and attack stance and turns his head to the two techs in the room, nervously looking at each other*

Deac: Keep your weapons on the datacore. *He turns back to "Nobody"* Your move. You can try to defend yourself, or the core. Either way, the Empire is not getting this information.

((Oddly I forgot to post something that R15 can reply to. Sorry Louis))

Shadow Base, Tatooine

Worker: Absolutely. By the way, Aren has returned, as timely as I said, and will be with you shortly.

----------

Imperial Base

Nobody: I don't think you understood that I was not joking, Deac.

*He holds a ready stance*

Nobody: I can likely get this information elsewhere. You cannot. Will you really destroy it? I doubt it. This information is already the property of the Empire, and I conversely will not let the Republic to obtain it.

Deac: I'm a soldier. I follow orders. My orders are to retrieve or destroy this datacore and that doesn't allow for Sith taking it for themselves. Which means we have a bit of a problem. You want it, I want it, and we can't share it, so I guess one of us has to die.

*Deac charges in at with his lightsabers, throwing one before him and charging with the second held in both hands*

Odin: As I say it is a matter of points of view...for now I am satisfied. It is clear that Gillian, that regardless of how misguided you were, your actions were to protect Gerd, and in doing so you were trying to look out for her interests. Orion, I believe that while you came to this planet not to harm Gerd you certainly were not looking out for what is best for her. Instead you sought to use her to regain motherhood. Maybe you convinced yourself it was for Gerd's benefit, but your actions were more for your own.

Under normal circumstances under this planet's laws the crimes you two are guilty of carry a sentence of death. When I take into consideration your reasons, and our recent dicussion I am not goign to carry out that sentece and have you two executed. However, you two are still guilty of crimes...

What do you two believe your punishment should be?

((*munches* Mmmm Taco. ^_^))

Imperial Base: Outside Datacore

*A cloaked figure finds himself on the floor. He pushes himself off the floor and looks around before he stands.

Various high-tech mechinery operated by droids, arcs of electricity blot their way from various jacob's-ladders strung about in this 'labratory'.

The figure thinks to himself 'Now this is a cozy spot to get lost in.'*

Figure "Interesting"

*He stands up and takes another pass at his surroundings, then he jerks his head in the direction of a bulkhead, on the other side he feels the presence of a Jedi, prepared and engaging himself.*

Figure "That presence.... Ah! Deac Starkiller! Facinating turn of events..."

*The figure walks towards the hatch that leads to the computer core.*

Gilian: I believe that I owe no punishment. However if you are thinking of suggesting one yourself, understand this first: I fully plan to retrieve Gerd if I am able. If your punishment interferes with this, or with any other plans I have, I will not accept it. If it does not, then I will likely accept it assuming it does not require me to perform or assist in any act of evil. You will have to accept that or attempt to use force, which I warn you I am well capable of matching.

Orion: I will accept no punishment. You will just have to kill me.

----------

Imperial Base

*"Nobody" strikes away the lightsaber, using the Force to knock it out of the air and against a wall. Simultaneously he parries Deac's blow*

Nobody: If that's the way you want it.

*He strikes at Deac*

Odin: If that is your choice Orion then I will put you to death, though given the circumstances I don't think it is warrented. Since Gillian you feel you have not indepted yourself to this planet by violating its laws and consquently have nothing to repay. I shall ask a friend of yours...

Blade Rwos, how do you feel these two should pay their debt? Saying that either one of them has no debt to pay is of no help. Their actions came at a price and now they must pay it, regardless of what they find agreeable or not.

Rwos: Gilian wants to save Gerd if she can. So do we all, even Orion. If I were in your place, I would consider that we all work together to retrieve her, and consider that payment of their debts. After all, Gerd seems to be the one most victimized here, regardless of what prompted the situation. It only seems right that we hurry and finish this and try to save her if it's still possible.

Gilian: I agree with that.

Imperial Base, Datacore

*Deac force pulls the second saber back in time to parry the blow*

Deac: Didn't have much of a choice did I?

*He drops back and unleashes the dual-kata, causing both lightsabers to spin around him defensively as he drops down.*

Riebe frowned thoughtfully. "Some were more of a challenge than others. 1500 years ago, we faced our greatest challenge. Her name was Tanith Vessa. She killed a Hunter and countless Jedi before she was killed. Then, somehow, she was brought back to life, killed many more Jedi and one more Hunter before we destroyed her with the aid of the Jedi who did it before."

She paused for a moment. "Over the years, the Sith weakened, but the Hunters grew arrogant. That is why we fell. I think those of us who are still alive have learned our lessons from that."

((Soory guys, I got into trouble on another forum, the DVD drive packed up and I had to fit a new one, it was too hot to use the comp, I'm soon to be inducted into a mod team and I was looking for my cheq book. I've been cyber-busy.))

Yesterday

Yaga Minor

*Agric stares out the viewport in horror, he expession shifting from shock and aguish at his brother's death to a cold Sith-like anger.*

Agric: WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!

Sensor operator: My Lord, I'm checking the logs, we do not appear to have picked up any energy readings, the Command Shio just exploded.

Agric: Check again!

Captain Vares!

*An elderly but errect man in the uniform of a Navy Captain approached and bowed.*

Vares: Yes, my Lord?

Agric: Contact my brother's fleet, transmit my authentication codes and assure them we did not do this and that I will address them shortly

Vares: Yes, my lord.

Agric: And when we arrive at Billbriggi have the head of my brother's intelligence service exicuted, slowly.

Vares: Yes, my lord.

*The Captrain bowes and turns smartly on his heel.*

Imperial research station: Datacore.

*While Deac has been fighting nobody ;) Kal has moved arounf behind the Imperial, now he activates his sabre, aimed directly at his master's opponent.

((Since Scar's Net connection is iffy, I'm going to avoid speaking to his character until he enters the room.))

Imperial Base, Datacore

*"Nobody" leaps backwards, over Kal's head, then kicks him towards Deac as the apprentice turns.

He stands directly in front of the hatch.*

Nobody: You can either destroy the datacore, or you can give it to me. You will not be leaving this place until either one happens.

Defiance II, Bridge

Air Boss: They're past the A-Wings, 6km out, crews report batteries are hot.

Interceptors just got off another salve.... 4 more bandits down.

X-Wings moving in, Red 1 reports torpedos away.

5km and closing fast.

Main batteries firing, 2 more bandits down.

X-Wings report 7 hits, no kills.

A-Wings have more missiles away.... 2 more kills.

4km, batteries report another kill.

They're coming up on the X-Wings, they're not engaging.

They're past Red group, 1 more kill.

Imperial Base, Datacore

Deac: So...now you'll let me destroy it. Giving up, are we?

*Deac's comm chimes in*

Tech: Sir, we've managed to open a portal back to Mon Calamari, we think. We know it's our universe though.

Deac: I'll be right there. *He turns to Nobody*. Well, plans have changed. I've got a way out of this now, so I'll be taking this datacore and leaving. If that means I have to go through you, then so be it. Now, something tells me you don't want to see this datacore destroyed, so I guess it's your move.

Imperial Base: Datacore

*The Hatch opens and the figure walks in.*

Figure "I thought I sensed a commotion."

*He looks over in 'Nobody's' direction and pulls out his lightsaber.*

Figure "Want help killing him?"

Archived