Home

school social thingy for Christmas... ugh...

Renegade Angel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes you disciplined and strong as well.

Sure. Getting beat on builds loads of character. Just like sexual harassment.

I haven't seen any santa hats yet, but it's only a matter of time. It feels a lot closer to the holiday than it actually is. I mean, it's only the 8th where I live.

we have a totally crap special assembly (which sucks) on the wednesday before Xmas then we have 22 - 25 of december off. but i have off until 28 because im going to india for my uncle's marriage. im not lucky, mainly because of my annoying cousin brothers.

Well back in the primary section, we used to have these Christmas "parties" where we would come to school in the clothes of our choice, we would get some crappy candies and cake and we would have to sit in the class while the damned speaker spoke on Santa Claus and Christmas.

Our school is sick.

and listen to old hill-billies singing Leroy Brown

Sounds bad, bad. Baddest man in the whole town. Badder than ol' King Kong even.

Usually at my HS, we had our Holiday dinner thingy, which wasn't too bad, since I went to school with, more or less, cool and standable people.

Keep your stupidity to yourself, or I'll set you aflame.

*Hugs Sithy*

On topic: I never went to those awful grade school "Christmas Parties" I didnt have much intrest in exchanging cards with people I would never see after HS. The "in class" ones were inescapeable, but it didnt matter since no one gives cards to the awkward nerdy girl. The free pudding was nice though.

F

I mean, it's only the 8th where I live.

Dude, you're lucky! Its only the 4th over here!!! :xp:Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, I graduated in 2001 from highschool. We had a Christmas dance, but I never went. Usually on the last day before break, the teachers would give out cookies and coke or something. Sometimes people would bring candy to pass around. Nothing big, but the teachers were smart enough to know there was no way we would get any work done.

Your first school dance? Nice.

My advice is go there and watch. Only two people danced at our first dance (7th grade), and it was ridiculous. Or, at least I though it was at the time. Quite different in high school. Basically I got a girl thrust into my arms and I danced with her. No emotion.

I can't stand dances. Especially when people (ie the female ones) make such a big del about them. They're a waste of time and money, IMO.

I mean, it's only the 8th where I live.

Just don't tell us what's going to happen - I hate it when people ruin surprises.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Sounds bad, bad. Baddest man in the whole town. Badder than ol' King Kong even.

Our teachers are meaner than junkyard dogs. Thats not the worst thing though. Last year the teacher (in their sadistic-ness) decided to go for the world record of most people square dancing at once. Then they filmed it. And then they made us watch it after Christmas.

@The Doctor/RC: Thanks, I can use all the pity I can get ;).

I can't stand dances. Especially when people (ie the female ones) make such a big del about them. They're a waste of time and money, IMO.

Dances are fine, well casual dances. School dances are a waste of time, especially considering most schools keep you an arms length away from your partner. (at least that's what they did when I was in grade school)

Hell, most of freshmen and sophomore year we weren't even allowed to touch our dates.

@IS

Dude, that sucks. We had dances like that a lot in middle school, where everyone basically milled around and bought overpriced food. 0 actual dancing. And when people did dance, it was totally frigid.

The only HC dance I’ve attended so far is homecoming, which was a lot like a mosh pit. It got so intense that several times I had to work my way out (not easy) to get air. It was pretty exhilarating, but tiring and awkward at the same time. According to various upperclassmen, homecoming is the best dance of the year, and since it was borderline suck, I haven’t been to any since.

Archived