Home

Do you want KOTOR 3 to be a longer game?

RobQel-Droma

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like a game that I cound enjoy at least for like, 20 days on my first time playing. At about 2h per day, 5h pre planet, I'd have to say from 8-10 planets. But it also must have story elements that are difficult to unlock, so it would get me playing for many days beyond that, and still finding new stuff.

I wouldn't mind a longer game. After playing both KOTOR games many times I found that it's pretty short once you know where everything is at. Maybe it should be a two-part DVD game each being as long as KOTOR2 with the 1st DVD/game/portion focusing on the aftermath of Exile's decisions which wraps up the missing levels from the 2nd game and the 2nd DVD/game/portion being new with new characters. If I remember, one of the Final Fantasy games did something similar but it bounced from the past to the present settings in the game.

I wouldn't mind a longer game, but if they don't have a storyline to support it.. then no thanks. No need to drag out a nightmare longer than it needs to be :xp:

However, if it's a good immersive & driving storyline.. then it could be twice as long and I wouldn't complain :D

I wouldn't want extra "fluff-n-stuff" just for the sake of gameplay length...

At the most I would just want about three or four more planets, and maybe a couple of Yavin Station-like areas. I do want the game to keep the original style, with the beginning planet, central planet, then four different planets, then end-game, but I don't see why you can't stick another planet in that mix, or have a pair of planets like Onderon and Dxun.

I would like the game to be longer than TSL, but not just because you are dong worthless stuff. The additional time would need to be spent advancing the story or providing additional role play. Just sitting at the work bench wading through additional possibilities for upgrading equipment or hacking and slashing through an additional 4 rooms to every level would not add to the game. Here's my list of suggestions to make KOTOR 3 longer, but not boring:

1) More opportunities for role playing. I want more conversations that really matter. However, please do not make 15 minute conversations. It was really irritating in TSL when I would be playing late at night and I could not end the game and get to sleep because I was stuck in an interminable conversation.

2) I would like to see a mix of side quests involving party members (like K1) and nonparty members (like K2).

3) A few more planets would be great, both for side quests and the main quest. I would like the main quest to be a bit longer, but not just because you add more pieces to the puzzle. Adding another star map to find in K1 would not have been so great, but adding something else that would enable you to get to the Star Forge would have been good.

4) Please, let there be no level cap! I don't want to sit in the Korriban tomb for hours exploiting the unlimited experience glitch so I can level up to infinity, but I would like to see how high I can go if I take advantage of every opportunity for xp I can find. I'm sure the devs can make it so the game knows how to make the bosses match your level when you come to fight them.

FWIW

Yeah, but if the storyline is just dragged out, Clone, like there is no real story importance why you are going to this planet, then it isn't going to be good. True, you might have a reason for going to those planets, but you might not have a reason to be staying on those planets and doing all this other stuff.

As for the bigger modules, something I would like to see is different levels. For example you would walk around in a building or platform, and then walk down and go into another bunch of rooms and platforms, right underneath the others.

If you guys like long a$$ games, Elder Srolls IV: Oblivion i think is comming out soon. Though im much more of a Star Wars fan, because the Star Wars saga is better. You guys should look into it to pass the time for when Kotor 3 comes out, thats what i will do. What would be a cool game is rpg style of gameplay in TES4:Oblivion integrated in a Star Wars setting (highly improbable, but we can dream). Benesda should look into it, they would make tons of cash. Sorry for talking about a different game, but it's a good idea (and an unlikely one too, but oh well). and you guys look like you could use something to pass the time for when Kotor 3 comes out which i hear is in two thousand-F***ing-seven! i cant wait that long, i need to do rpg gaming, and i need to do it NOW!!!

To add to Jimbo Fett's list, I would like the main quest on each planet to be longer and more complex. Whatever it is that you are trying to find (Star Maps, Jedi Masters, whatever), it should be more than "talk to this and this person, find this datapad, head to this area and fight all these enemies, and then there you are" quests. Maybe not quite like that, but that was about the level of it.

What I would want is quite a bit more searching, talking to people, meeting with people who know about what you want, traveling through different areas and figuring out what is going on. Maybe even to the point that the area you land at isn't even the right location, your objective is somewhere else on the planet. That was one thing that made no sense to me: How come you always landed in the right city?

I definitely want the next game to be longer. It's never taken me more than 25 hours to complete either of the games (and quite a lot of that is when I've left the game on while doing other things).

I'd like to see around 10 planets. Obviously, each planet would be crucial to the storyline.

Definately longer. I can complete KotOR and TSL in around 20 hours, so 50 hours would be nice. Of course, the problem with such a long game is if the intensity and interest isnt held, then it will completely fail.

Mind you, im playing Neverwinter Nights with areas that, especially compared to KotOR, and massive and very involved. I've been playing for around 20 hours or so and I'm only on chapter 2 of 5, so it can be done.

Archived