Home

Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]

Thrik

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the 101/100 PSI cadet rank that you can get. If you keep playing the target breaking game in Oleander's basic braining obsticle course 2, eventually you'll earn a PSI cadet rank increase. If you've found everything in the game (PSI cards, PSI cores, Figments, ect.) This rank increase should increase your total rank to 101.

Not much of an egg, but something I noticed and don't know where else to mention it. At the part where Mikhail is holding Benny in the air, you can Psi Blast Benny and hear Maloof and Mikhail cackle. :ears1:

I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school. Which is weird, because I'm only ten."

If you play with the controls during the "Loading Game" sequence which shows Raz falling into the mind, you can move him around. Thanks to dillon123 for pointing this out. heart.gif

Atctually,my freind found it,but he didnt like it.I kept playing with it,then decited to put it up.

• 1 month later...

Hi

milla's nightmare room:

In the part near thew beginning with the fan that you need to use to float towards a ladder, bounce towards the fan, and you'll notice a little passage down and to the left of it. That's the nightmare room.

When it got dark, I visited Sasha's mind, and used Smelling Salts to get out. I arrived on the floating dock at daytime!

• 1 month later...

If you look at the sky during the night, you can see faces in the clouds. One of them looks like that blonde guy from Monkey Island. I'll try to get a picture, but I'll be taking one of my TV screen with a digital camera, so I can't promise it'll look great.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, so I was lending out my game for the past few months, and awhile back I decided once I got it back I'd try out the Pokeylope thing and see if it's true.

And yes, yes it is. And the responses amuse, yes they do. I forgot about the horn thing, I'll have to try that next...

But yeah, these guys seriously thought of EVERYTHING. *grins*

Edit: Horn thing also works. XDD

Infinite jump on the main menu. (in PC version)

I also got Raz going ridiculously fast with the levitation ball jumping around Sasha's cube. I thought I was close to breaking off from gravity several times, but never quite got there. It was fun jumping around the entire cube (sometimes 3X) in one jump off of a corner. You could see the ball being attracted like a magnet to one cube, then to another, then spazzing out. Looked like a flat surface.

Infinite jump on the main menu. (in PC version)

I also got Raz going ridiculously fast with the levitation ball jumping around Sasha's cube. I thought I was close to breaking off from gravity several times, but never quite got there. It was fun jumping around the entire cube (sometimes 3X) in one jump off of a corner. You could see the ball being attracted like a magnet to one cube, then to another, then spazzing out. Looked like a flat surface.

Couldn't do it on the main menu, but pulled it off once on the cube. Fun.

• 5 weeks later...

You can get to the Bathysphere while Bobby is still there. Just go to the little ramp next to the dock, and then use Levitation. Keep on jumping on the green roof of the canoe place, and you may be able to land on top of the cover that is on top of the dock, then just walk along it to the Bathysphere!

I might try to get some pictures...

EDIT: Two more glitches/oversights...

1: At the start, where the squirrels are lying to Dogen, you can get rid of them with your psychic fist, but Dogen doesn't notice, and then they re-appear in the cut-scene, when you walk away.

2: The recruiting office doesn't have outer walls. If you look at the sides after punching Coach Oleander, you can see through into the office. Also, WHERE does it go after the sailor (don't remember his name) charges? It just disappears!

EDIT AGAIN: Wow, I'm finding loads.

Find one of those picnic tables near the main lodge, and begin grinding on one of the boards. Then Palm Bomb, and you can go through the table!! It also works on the chairs...

I don't know how to post pictures... The insert image button doesn't do anything...

• 2 weeks later...

Playing the PC version so don't know if these pertain to other platforms:

If you stand on the stage by the campfire (at least at night) and press the "use" key, Raz will read Oleander's opening speech and make a comment.

When Raz is idle, in Gloria's theatre, he'll wave and bow to "the audience".

On a small, high place, he'll do his dance ("Walk like a pharoah"??) to show off his balance.

And everywhere else I could find, he's stationary, scratches head, shrugs, stamps foot, or rocks on heals. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Raz will bounce in chair of underground rail and look up at thought bubble and you, probably wondering what's taking so long.

I tried the comments with Pokeylope on everyone I could. I couldn't get Cook Crueller or Dogan to say anything and Raz even says that he needs to get Pokey back. Is this normal? Also, after (drum girl) says the next song is going out to Pokey, they stop all their music. Not sure if this is normal, too. If so, that's cold (hehe)!

Interesting encounter w/cheerleaders and Janitor Crueller after rebraining. He says he can't stand their cheering anymore and asks you to kill him. They cheer, "Mop, mop, mop!" Raz says, "maybe a bear will eat them" and Crueller says, "if that doesn't work, pour some drain cleaner down my throat."

Also, Crueller won't allow you to dwelve inside his psychy and trying to use it on the other kids pops up a warning note about devices with safeguards preventing usage on children.

• 2 weeks later...

attn 360 players this is awesome

Raz will turn teal a lot of the time. Just his shirt, coat, and pants though. I thought it switched him into the Psychonauts uniform on accident, but he looks kind of like a glitchy Dart.

I don't know how this happened, I first noticed it in Basic Braining. It stopped after I finally completed the entire Brain Tumbler experiment.

For some of the factors that might go into recreating this, I nicknamed my profile "Beans," collected all but one figment in the coach's mind (it was the biplane at the blimp section) and it just showed up.

Archived